PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2008, 02:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC-6800
Carrier: Sprint

HobbesIsReal is keeping up the good workHobbesIsReal is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Arrow Detailed How To Edit The WM Registry Guide

I have written a detailed "How To Edit the WM Registry Guide" that I thought might help many here in this forum. You can take a look here...

Blog | Reviews | Forums
This post has been thanked 17 times.
Old 02-23-2008, 03:08 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

WanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuff
Re: Detailed How To Edit The WM Registry Guide

Extremely excellent! Thanks.
Wish I had seen this three years ago. It would have saved a lot of trial and error. Mostly error.
Old 02-23-2008, 08:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC6700
Carrier: indosat

djo6579 is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to djo6579

thanks for tutor........
Old 02-24-2008, 07:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

verngator is just getting started

Excelllent article, Hobbes! I'm expecting to make the move from Palm very soon (either a Touch or the Touch Dual, if they release it before my birthday) - this kind of informatin is exactly the kind of information I need!

I think I recognize you from Treocentral...

THANKS!
Palm Pilot-> Palm Pilot 1MG upgrade-> Palm IIIx-> Visor Deluxe-> Visor Prism-> Clie N610c-> Verizon Kyocera 7135-> Verizon Treo 600-> Sprint Treo 650-> Sprint Treo 700p -> Sprint Touch -> Sprint Diamond -> Sprint Hero -> Sprint EVO + tech support for spouse's Sprint Epic
Old 02-25-2008, 01:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC-6800
Threadstarter

HobbesIsReal is keeping up the good workHobbesIsReal is keeping up the good work

I glad you guys like it. This is actually just one of several WM Guides I have written. You can browse the rest of them here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...6264#post96264

Yup....I am TreoCentral native way back when the Treo 600 first came out. Even though I jumped to WM a few years ago, I still hung around there because it is a great community. Now I hang around it's sister site WMExperts.com a lot, along with here, PDAphoneHome, and SprintUsers.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-01-2008, 10:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

I joined when the forum was VisorCentral.com...

Thanks for taking the time to write these up ! Coming from the Palm OS world, I have so much to learn and these guides are perfect for me.

I bought a Touch, which arrives in a couple of days - if I can find a keyboard app good for texting, I'll stick with it...otherwise I may swap that for a Dual....

Grace and peace,
Veronica

Last edited by verngator; 03-01-2008 at 10:18 PM.
Old 03-02-2008, 12:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Great articles, Hobbes! Of course I'll be referring to them again once my Touch actually arrives and I won't have to just read about having the device...

Question - would you revise your "must have" list for those of us with the Touch? I don't mean for apps like Resco Explorer or backup apps, but for apps that change the Today screen or the interface in general - does TouchFlo change up things enough, or should I still consider these apps?

One caveat - my Touch will be almost exclusively used as a PDA - when not in use, my Touch will sit on my desk or in my purse. (I have a "chick phone" - a Katana - for phone calls, as it fits nicely into my jeans pocket.) The apps I use most on my Treo are Datebook5, texting, Snapper, Google Maps, web browsing, and HandyShopper and I occasionally use Docs to Go for Word/pdf files.

Then again, I may re-think having two devices once the Touch arrives because it is so small...
Old 03-05-2008, 03:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

morrowa2 is just getting started

Thank you so much for the tutorial! This is a gem for noobs like myself. I have a Verizon XV6800, and pretty comfortable editing the registry at this point. I was wondering if there is a good tutorial out there for "flashing ROMs" I see these ROM's all over the forums, mentioning ROM "cookers" "kitchens" "flashing to original ROM" and I have no idea what any of these terms mean. I don't even know what "ROM" or "flash" means. Is there a good tutorial out there you could reccommend for a semi-noob. A couple of questions I have. Is there an advantage to flashing to a new ROM over installing desired programs to the original ROM, and "tweaking" the original registry??? Where does one obtain the orignal Verizon ROM? Would I have to lose all my personal information and the currently installed programs? Hobbes, please point me in the right direction. Because at this point I'm clueless, and I'm weary of searching endlessly for answers. Sorry for asking a question that's probabely been asked a million times. Thanks!
Old 03-09-2008, 06:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

bb2ppc is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to bb2ppc

Thank you so much for the tutorial!
Old 03-15-2008, 03:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

protocol_droid is a n00b

Tried to install phm editor on my pc desktop and had no such luck getting the program to install onto my mogul. Any actual directions on how to do that. I already looked at the big thread on wm, however that didn't help. AFter the install on the pc, the application said ok to close and I couldnt' do anything after that. Do I just drop the launcher into my pda? If so, where? Thanks.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks