PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2007, 12:12 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

storyr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
WeatherPanel Freaks: Moon Icons

WeatherPanel Download Index

Update 12/03/2007. Note: Most icon sets now include these moons. There's probably no need to include them yourself. But just in case...

Now that the moon phases are phixed in WeatherPanel (see this thread), I was interested in making the moon images look better.

Attached is a moon icon set with basically one image for each day of the month - a much more realistic representation (and they look a heck of a lot better than the default moon images). I modified this set from images posted by gator (on WeatherPanel.net). Thanks to gator for sharing his huge moon icons and critical moon icon information in this thread.

I cropped and resized the icons into Huge ( 128x128 ), Large ( 64x64 ), Regular ( 32x32 ) and Mini ( 16x16 ).

I targeted them for QVGA, but I suppose the larger sets could be used on VGA.

Make sure you unzip with the directory structure intact (use folder names), then copy the folders into your favorite icon folder on your device (the Moon folder contains the Regular icons).

The moon folder stucture is supposed to look like this (using Default as an example):

Code:
- WeatherPanel
  - Icons
      - Huge
        + Moon
      - Large
        + Moon
      - Mini
        + Moon
      + Moon
For QVGA users (like me): You probably won't need the Huge or Large icons, so just copy the Moon and Mini folders (plus their contents) into each icon folder that you use.
Attached Files
File Type: zip moon_icons_513.zip (1.07 MB, 729 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by storyr; 12-03-2007 at 06:37 PM.
Old 01-13-2007, 03:46 AM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Very nice

I always though the moon icons looked a bit shabby. This is a great improvement!
Old 01-13-2007, 11:04 AM
N00b

PocketChange is a n00b
Another great job! Thanks StoryR....
Old 01-13-2007, 12:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3

Catman51 is keeping up the good workCatman51 is keeping up the good workCatman51 is keeping up the good work
Lovely, and thanks for the detail of where to put them. Much nicer than default!
Old 01-13-2007, 01:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

storyr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catman51
... thanks for the detail of where to put them...
No problem. It's not documented anywhere! I had to figure it out myself by trying this, then that - over and over

I suppose I should update the wiki...
Old 04-25-2007, 06:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

Touche' is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Skype™ to Touche'
Okay, I'm a little bit confused. After going through the steps listed in the first post...then what? I did all that, but nothing has changed. Do I need to do a soft-reset or something?

-Touche'
Old 04-25-2007, 09:26 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
I never did install these, but I'm sure you need to soft reset for them to take effect.

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 04-26-2007, 05:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

Touche' is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Skype™ to Touche'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pibe38
I never did install these, but I'm sure you need to soft reset for them to take effect.
Yeah, I tried that, but nothing happened at all. I unchecked it from the items menu under Today, then did a soft-reset. Checked it again to display, but no difference in the moon icon on the today screen, or the addition views...

-Touche'
Old 01-04-2008, 02:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch, Diamond "Moment"

Stoney60 is keeping up the good workStoney60 is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by storyr View Post
WeatherPanel Download Index

Update 12/03/2007. Note: Most icon sets now include these moons. There's probably no need to include them yourself. But just in case...

Now that the moon phases are phixed in WeatherPanel (see this thread), I was interested in making the moon images look better.

Attached is a moon icon set with basically one image for each day of the month - a much more realistic representation (and they look a heck of a lot better than the default moon images). I modified this set from images posted by gator (on WeatherPanel.net). Thanks to gator for sharing his huge moon icons and critical moon icon information in this thread.

I cropped and resized the icons into Huge ( 128x128 ), Large ( 64x64 ), Regular ( 32x32 ) and Mini ( 16x16 ).

I targeted them for QVGA, but I suppose the larger sets could be used on VGA.

Make sure you unzip with the directory structure intact (use folder names), then copy the folders into your favorite icon folder on your device (the Moon folder contains the Regular icons).

The moon folder stucture is supposed to look like this (using Default as an example):

Code:
- WeatherPanel
  - Icons
      - Huge
        + Moon
      - Large
        + Moon
      - Mini
        + Moon
      + Moon
For QVGA users (like me): You probably won't need the Huge or Large icons, so just copy the Moon and Mini folders (plus their contents) into each icon folder that you use.
So When I installed the Animated Weather icons from the marsware site, it put them in a separate folder. So if I move that set of icons the Marsware/Weather panel /Icons folder and copy the moon and Mini folders to that folder, do I get both? It appears so, but just would like you to confirm what I think I'm seeing

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software