PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2008, 08:04 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: XV6800 now, XV6700 in the before time
Carrier: Verizon

ksquake is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Country Code +1 (plus one) being dialed for contacts synched from Outlook

I have run into a problem which I believe started after I ran the titan_1[1].40_radio into my XV6800.

MS Outlook places the country code before all the contacts phone numbers and the country code for the US is +1 so at this point all the phone numbers in my contacts have +1 in front of the area code.

I had been synching my contacts between Outlook and my phone before installing this version of the radio and this was not a problem previously. I tried restoring the official VZW ROM today and that did not help, when dialing off the contact list I either get 3 beeps or a recorded message that the call cannot go through. The reason I think it is the radio is because this is the only change I can isolate back to the start of the problem.

This brings me to my question, does anyone know where I can pull the original version of the VZW radio?

Ks.

Last edited by ksquake; 01-16-2008 at 08:01 AM.
Old 01-17-2008, 11:31 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: XV6800 now, XV6700 in the before time
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

ksquake is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I was pointed to the following excerpt in the documentation:
---------------------------------------------------------------
3.10 Customizing Plus Code Dialing
You can customize how phone numbers that begin with a plus “+” sign will be dialed.
1. Tap Start > Settings > Personal tab >Phone > Services tab, or tap Menu > Options on the Phone screen and then tap the Services tab.
2. Select Plus Code Dialing, and then tap Get Settings.
3. To place local and international calls from the United States, select Enable under North American dialing.
When you place calls, the “+” sign at the beginning of phone numbers that you dial will be replaced as follows:
 When you enter a long distance phone number that starts with “+1”, the “+” will be removed and the rest of the number will be dialed. For example, if you entered +1 416 123 4567, the number to be dialed will be 14161234567.
 When you enter an international phone number that starts with a “+” followed by a digit other than 1, the “+” will be replaced with the United States international dialing code, which is already set by default. For example, if you entered +58 212 123 4567, the number to be dialed will be 011582121234567.
Tip:
If you modified the international dialing code, you can tap Reset to change it back to the default.
---------------------------------------------------------------

With this feedback I was begining to identify the source of the problem and this info did help resolve it.

I went to Start > Settings > Personal tab >Phone > Services tab and there is no Select Plus Code Dialing option.

Are the services listed here part of the radio? I would not think they are but without flashing back to the stock VZW ROM I can not be sure.

I searched my registry for plus and found a few entries that appear to be related to this in:
HKLM\Software\OEM\PhoneSetting\PlusCodeDialing

I have only the following three (along with (default) of course), they are:
PlusCodeEnable = 0
PlusCodeNumber = +
ResetNumber = +

If anyone would be willing to check your settings for these and post them here along with the the setting defined in your Start > Settings > Personal tab >Phone > Services tab > Select Plus Code Dialing settings I would appreciate it.

I am curious if there are perhaps registry entries I am missing at this point.

I have changed the PlusCodeEnable from 0 to 1 and this has taken care of my problem for now. I will keep my eye on it as I build other ROMs and try to identify where it comes in from and how it comes in with the stock VZW ROM. I will most likely add it to the list of additional registry entries I include in ROMs as well.

I am still curious about how this is working for others out there cooking ROMS with DCD's kitchen.

Thanks,
Ks.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development