PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2010, 08:23 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: SPRINT

cmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
3 Clicks to fully Root and Unlock NAND!

I found this over at XDA and wanted to share. It looks like the easiest method so far to Root our phones. This is the link to the original thread over at XDA. Enjoy!!!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=706411
Old 06-20-2010, 09:45 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

Konfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: 3 Clicks to fully Root and Unlock NAND!

Very nice!

PPC 6700 > HTC Diamond > HTC Hero > HTC Evo
Old 06-20-2010, 10:39 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Thanks, any idea if you completed part 1 of the root (toast) process, if you can just proceed to the nand unlocking and do this only or do you start from scratch.
Old 06-20-2010, 10:43 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Htc Evo

rmig825 is a n00b

Quick question?? and I read the fourm at xda, Can I run this starting from step 2? I have already unlock via toast method, now I what to unlock the nand, Can I just continue to step 2? Thank you in advance, Opps you beat me too it above!!
Old 06-20-2010, 11:21 AM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdauria View Post
I found this over at XDA and wanted to share. It looks like the easiest method so far to Root our phones. This is the link to the original thread over at XDA. Enjoy!!!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=706411

Thanks for posting, this seems alot easier than all previous methods. I don't know why I am so afraid to root my phone, winmo hslp seemed like a walk in the park compared to all this rooting stuff, sheesh. Guess I need to stop being scared, be man and step up to the plate and start rooting this thing.

Old 06-20-2010, 12:04 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One

chino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to chino331 Send a message via Skype™ to chino331

Quote:
Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post
Thanks for posting, this seems alot easier than all previous methods. I don't know why I am so afraid to root my phone, winmo hslp seemed like a walk in the park compared to all this rooting stuff, sheesh. Guess I need to stop being scared, be man and step up to the plate and start rooting this thing.
lol I'm in the same boat...

Thanks OP for the link, def will have to try it out!
Old 06-20-2010, 12:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Agent0Hibachi is keeping up the good workAgent0Hibachi is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to Agent0Hibachi Send a message via Skype™ to Agent0Hibachi

Quote:
Originally Posted by chino331 View Post
lol I'm in the same boat...

Thanks OP for the link, def will have to try it out!
Quote:
Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post
Mannnn me too i have no idea why im scared..I used to break down my TP2 now i get my 1st Android now im Sh*ttin bricks cuz im scared to do anything with it..Imma check this easy was 3 step progam out ...Anyone ddid this way yet? Does it work? After i root it so i go to the other post to back up an install a radio an rom an all that?
Old 06-20-2010, 12:15 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

This is definitely easier but if you're someone who HAS to do it this way because they are afraid or don't want to take the time to learn adb, you will be behind on the learning curve. More then likely if you want or need root access, you will probably need adb one day for something, and not knowing about adb or shell or fastboot is going to hinder that process. For example a simple tweak may require you to adb push a file a file to your phone or have you mount your phone and without knowing those simple commands it could take you hours for something that can be done in seconds, I honestly recommend learning to root the regular way, it will be way more beneficial down the line. If you already know all the codes then do it this way because its faster, just my 2cents
Google is the next skynet
Old 06-20-2010, 12:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Agent0Hibachi is keeping up the good workAgent0Hibachi is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to Agent0Hibachi Send a message via Skype™ to Agent0Hibachi

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
This is definitely easier but if you're someone who HAS to do it this way because they are afraid or don't want to take the time to learn adb will be behind on the learning curve. More then likely if you want or need root access, you will probably need adb one day for something, and not knowing about adb or shell or fastboot is going to hinder that process. For example a simple tweak may require you to adb push a file a file to your phone or have you mount your phone and without knowing those simple commands it could take you hours for something that can be done in seconds, I honestly recommend learning to root the regular way, it will be way more beneficial down the line. If you already know all the codes then do it this way because its faster, just my 2cents

Ok well thank you just gave me the Balls to go on ahead an do it the other way....
Old 06-20-2010, 12:22 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent0hibachi View Post
ok well thank you just gave me the balls to go on ahead an do it the other way....
lmao!!!!!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G