PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Will you pledge to the project
Yes I will Pledge. (if you vote, post how much you pledge below) 54 50.00%
No I will not pledge to the project. 54 50.00%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2008, 10:08 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Working Vogue Video drivers BOUNTY($1646.00 so far!) - Pledge donations here!!!

Yep, one was dharvey's rom which the sys is based off the diamond rom that has been around for a while.

Old 08-11-2008, 11:36 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

sckbassg3 is a n00b
Re: Working Vogue Video drivers BOUNTY($1646.00 so far!) - Pledge donations here!!!

Any updates from one of the Devs working on this project...I'm anxious to hear about any progress.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

lemeat_99 is a n00b

I would gladley pay $20 for working vogue drivers.
Old 09-05-2008, 08:05 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6700 & 6900
Carrier: Verizon

buddhatikkigod is keeping up the good workbuddhatikkigod is keeping up the good workbuddhatikkigod is keeping up the good work

i would gladly pay you monday for a burger today
Old 09-05-2008, 08:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

ryox82 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to ryox82 Send a message via MSN to ryox82 Send a message via Yahoo to ryox82

Hey whats up guys? I just snapped up a Vogue for $157 lol, Gonna be putting my mogul on ebay in a week or two and was wondering if anybody was ACTUALLY working on this? All the plegded money means nothing if there isn't a organized and active development with progress updates. At this point everyone that has pledged is in effect a name your own price customer....catch my drift?
Old 09-05-2008, 01:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 (Sprint)

jlechner is just getting started

Nope. We got fairly close, but not close enough.
Old 09-05-2008, 05:21 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Bell Mobility

NFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPNFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPNFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPNFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPNFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPNFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPNFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPNFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPNFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPNFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPNFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to NFSFAN

Closer than you think :P

I'm working with someone close on this and all I can say is that it works with only one issue, which I'm working on getting fixed at the moment. I will not disclose anymore than this.

The drivers posted by Dharvey are more or less pointless...The Vogue does not have the ati hardware, it could at most use probably an emulation. However the D3D hardware that it does have works just as well as the one on the kaiser. A little surprise for all: TCPMP mpeg4 benchmark DirectDraw 185% with avg 55.41 fps, size of 1 minute file (5 mb)

Last edited by NFSFAN; 09-05-2008 at 05:41 PM.
Old 09-05-2008, 05:57 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHarvey View Post
the Touch Diamond will be coming to BestBuy. In Stock date was 8/17/08. So everyone can go bombard their local BestBuy come August.

If the Diamond comes out before the drivers are ported to the Vogue you WILL have the right to retract your bid only if you can provide proof that you purchased a Diamond.

Dan.
[/B]
Good luck enforcing that. Business 101: get money or a contract first, then do the work. You have neither. You also have a conflict of interest problem.

What kind of performance is going to determine success of this project? I mean, if you make drivers and they suck, did you succeed? What if they're just a little better than stock? What if only some things are accelerated? What if it's buggy? What if it works great, but your battery life is cut in half? what if it works great but is a resource pig? Who's going to validate that the solution is in fact hardware acceleration and not some form of optimization?
Old 09-05-2008, 06:03 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC T7380

Mutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Mutiny32 Send a message via AIM to Mutiny32 Send a message via MSN to Mutiny32 Send a message via Skype™ to Mutiny32

The Diamond will be shipped on the 12th, but not be in stores until the 14th, for sale on the 15th. Yes, this is very reliable data. I live in KC and several of my friends work for or are store/district managers for Sprint or Wireless Lifestyle stores. I went out drinking with them last weekend. Alcohol is great for getting information out of people.
Old 09-05-2008, 06:05 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC T7380

Mutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Mutiny32 Send a message via AIM to Mutiny32 Send a message via MSN to Mutiny32 Send a message via Skype™ to Mutiny32

The one off thing that struck me is the date is the same date that Sprint officially lauches XOHM and the N810W and the rest of their aircards. Kind of odd to hold one phone back for the XOHM launch, eh?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue