PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2008, 03:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

IronRed is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: NEW official Sprint ROM posted on XDA-dev by DCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer2008 View Post
thanks man, so my best bet is to back up any critical contact / info before installing this. i take it flashing a rom is the equal to formatting a pc right, you loose it all and have to reinstall everything ?
Correct. It's like reloading windows. But, someone said before that doing a backup from stock(6) and then loading it to (6.1) isn't a good idea because files are saved in new locations. That's like taking a backup of XP, loading Vista, and then doing the XP backup. Good luck with that...

I've noticed that some of the names of things have changed. So I would agree that file names and locations have changed as well. I would just install the rom (or wait for sprint) and then just install from scratch. I did it this morning and it only took me an hour. I had all the cab files to install in one folder. Drop them all onto your SD card at once and then install away. You should be done in 2 hours tops.
Old 06-25-2008, 03:17 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfld View Post
fixxer, it has threaded text messaging built in, what part of michigan you from?

grand rapids area. you mean the new rom has built in threaded text messaging ? because my phone didn't until i installed the custom palm messaging.
Old 06-25-2008, 03:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

sfld is keeping up the good worksfld is keeping up the good work

ya the new rom has built in threaded messaging, im from southfield
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-25-2008, 03:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

IronRed is just getting started

Yes, and the threaded messaging is like the 2nd best thing about this for me.
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylz3 View Post
could anyone extact the ppst cab file from this ROM. I just want to run it again as I have already flashed to a custom ROM after flashing the new sprint ROM. I want to see if it would have an effect on my GPS locks if I were to run the new ppst with the custom ROM.
PPST.zip = a ZIP file that contains PPST_2.04.cab

Copy the cab to your file and run.

execute PPST.exe in the windows directory.

Best regards,
-boggsie
Attached Files
File Type: zip PPST.zip (244.2 KB, 101 views) Click for barcode!
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronRed View Post
Correct. It's like reloading windows. But, someone said before that doing a backup from stock(6) and then loading it to (6.1) isn't a good idea because files are saved in new locations. That's like taking a backup of XP, loading Vista, and then doing the XP backup. Good luck with that...

I've noticed that some of the names of things have changed. So I would agree that file names and locations have changed as well. I would just install the rom (or wait for sprint) and then just install from scratch. I did it this morning and it only took me an hour. I had all the cab files to install in one folder. Drop them all onto your SD card at once and then install away. You should be done in 2 hours tops.

yeah im eventually going to have to install this anyways. just sucks becuase it took me 2 days to get my pda the way i wanted it. i can just reinstall everything fresh, no big deal. BIG question is, will i loose my contacs list ? that i can't losse.
Old 06-25-2008, 03:20 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedoig View Post
Sprint forced the Phone as Modem profile for Internet Sharing in the new Mogul ROM as well. I posted this in the Titan forum:
I have decompiled the new rom & checked the mxipupdate_oemoperators_101.provxml, both "Sprint PCS" & "Phone as Modem" are in there, but as bedoig pointed out, the phone as modem is being forced.

Just go into HKLM/Comm/InternetSharing/Settings

change ForceCellConnection to "Sprint PCS"

soft reset

Quote:
Originally Posted by bootheresa View Post
I read telenav (program) was included in this rom. I can't find it. What is the 4th icon on the sprint home tab? It doesn't do anything. Is it suppose to open telenav?
the cab should also be in \windows, it's called sprint-navigation-htc-touchmr-2.0.15-norereboot.cab

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1ustad View Post
So I'm on vetvito's ROM right now. If I flash to this, let it run all the way through, and reflash back to vetvito's, will i still get any benefits?

I'd like to because then i can just restore with sprint backup, else I can't, right?
yes....upgraded radio, PRL & PRI

Last edited by OMJ; 06-25-2008 at 03:32 PM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 06-25-2008, 03:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint PCS

Keyone is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer2008 View Post
grand rapids area. you mean the new rom has built in threaded text messaging ? because my phone didn't until i installed the custom palm messaging.

Windows Mobile 6.1 has threaded messaging... and this is WM6.1.

On a side note, I'm not going to flash for a while until ICS among other things are sorted out and a kitchen is released for it. Can someone with the new ROM tell me if the standby issue is resolved with GPS? I believe it is the case where you have it activated (say on Google Maps) and push the power off button while it's still on. Maybe after about a minute turn it back on. Is the GPS still active and getting locks?
PPCGeeks Regular

neverempathey is just getting started

thanks alot OMJ... i just needed that clarified before i tackled this beast
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero & EVO 4G

stylz3 is keeping up the good workstylz3 is keeping up the good work
Thumbs up Re: NEW official Sprint ROM posted on XDA-dev by DCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggsie View Post
PPST.zip = a ZIP file that contains PPST_2.04.cab

Copy the cab to your file and run.

execute PPST.exe in the windows directory.

Best regards,
-boggsie
Quite familar with .zip files and there purpose. Will try this. Thanks for the speedy Reply.

"My next move be my best move"
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development