PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Best GPS Software
TomTom 155 27.19%
Garmin 91 15.96%
CoPilot Live 7 1.23%
Destinator 4 0.70%
iGuidance 74 12.98%
OnCourse 4 0.70%
Microsoft Live Search 93 16.32%
Google Maps 147 25.79%
Route 66 2 0.35%
Other 71 12.46%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 570. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2008, 08:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Temp TP2 until the 3D
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

No1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to No1ustad
Re: Vote for Best GPS Software (more complete poll)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid_29 View Post
dose anyone have a cab for iguidance
We're not allowed to post warez here. sorry which sucks even more cause there's no trial versions for ppcs.

Mogul -> Vogue -> TP -> TP2 -> Snap -> Evo -> 3D
Old 03-16-2008, 08:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

Maal2899 is a n00b

I HAVE TO SAY TELENAV BY SPRINT IS THE BEST! I HAVE THEM ALL AND I FIND THAT THE TELENAV ADDITION THAT CAME WITH MY NEW ROM DOWNLOAD WORKS PERFECTLY EVERYTIME. AND I'D LIKE TO ADD I GET REV-A SPEEDS UP TO THE 690'S AT TIMES. 3D VOICE PROMPTED NAVIGATION AND REV-A SPEEDS, NOTHING IS BETTER.
Old 03-17-2008, 12:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Phreddo is becoming a great contributor

yeah, i noticed nav4all gave me the weak "cannot display while driving" message when i tried to pull my location.
sorry, but i like to have a map i can consult while i'm driving.
i'm so severely tempted to re-up my telenav subscription, but i really don't need it.
Live Search will pretty much get me to where i'm going, and the live traffic data is a nice touch as well.
And free is good, did i mention i like free?
Old 03-17-2008, 08:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

Osteo is becoming a great contributor

Addition for Nav4All: I found a replacement for the Holux GPS viewer that works better. BAF has come up with a today plug in that toggles the GPS. Here's the link http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...1&d=1205718354. I've not seen if it recovers from sleep mode yet however. Also, found that the "exit" option works poorly with N4A (doesn't release all its memory back) and its best to use the OK hard key to exit the app and then kill it with one of the task managers as it clears the memory better.
Old 03-17-2008, 08:55 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC PPC6800
Carrier: Alltel

skny is a n00b

I love TomTom. The only gripe I honestly have is having to go into Preferences and turn the sound on twice ( a known bug ) each time I fire it up - if I want to hear voices. I've got a Joe Pesci voice that is hilarious for navigation.

Would be nice if it also read street names, but I can read, so it's no big deal.

I think it works great on my device; I changed one of my buttons to do a screen rotate, so after I launch TomTom, I rotate my screen sideways, then stick it into a suction cup holder thingy on my windshield.

It get's updated traffic info (needed for my long commute, especially with the bad weather we've been having), and also weather conditions.

There's a number of customizations to choose from - and it's been about 99% accurate with directions & routes. I'm using version 6 - which is now dated I think - yet haven't had a problem with it not benig able to find an address.

One thing to note with this - and any other navigation software - is that, most of their mapping data comes from only 1 or 2 sources; its all shared. And if you can't find a particular address or street name - try getting creative with it. For example - I was entering an address for 3092 Mayfield Road in Mayfield, Ohio. There was no "Mayfield Road" in "Mayfield, Ohio" - however, there WAS a "Mayfield Road" in "Mayfield Heights, Ohio".

Now, I KNOW the destination was in Mayfield, not Mayfield Heights - 2 distinctly different cities - but TomTom didn't. Not a big deal - but something to keep in mind - and you will experience this same issue just about all of the different programs out there because they almost all use the same mapping data.
Old 03-17-2008, 11:15 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO™ 3D

furiousgtz is keeping up the good workfuriousgtz is keeping up the good workfuriousgtz is keeping up the good work

I had good luck with Google Maps I had good luck with that app and its simple.
Old 03-17-2008, 11:28 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: mogul 6800
Carrier: sprint

noahtall is a n00b

a buddy of mine is using the Delmore.com software. he likes it the best. i just purchased the garmin xt ware. its being shipped right now, il give more info when i get it
Old 03-17-2008, 12:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

damansc is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahtall View Post
a buddy of mine is using the Delmore.com software. he likes it the best. i just purchased the garmin xt ware. its being shipped right now, il give more info when i get it
I think you meant: Delorme... delmore was a funeral service
Old 03-17-2008, 01:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2

bkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuff

I have used Delorme Earthmate with my laptop and it works great, I am looking at their updated programs to see if what is new other then the maps.
Gadget/Phone History: Motorola DynaTAC 8000x; Casio BOSS; Palm Vx; Palm m130; Palm Tungsten T; Sanyo 7300; Sanyo Katana; PPC-6700; Titan; Mogul; Touch Pro, Palm Pre; HTC EVO, Motorola Photon; Samsung Galaxy Note 2 .
Old 03-17-2008, 02:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: iPhone 3GS
Carrier: AT&T

Shrubber is a n00b

I tried Tom Tom and iGuidance and went with iGuidance. The biggest difference for me was that Tom Tom didn't say the street names out loud, and I found iGuidance doing that was a huge improvement. I had someone tell me that the latest version of Tom Tom does do street names, but I haven't seen that verified.

However I use it with a Bluetooth GPS receiver even after the ROM update. The internal GPS is slower to update than the BT GPS so when I tried it I missed turns where it didn't give the next direction quick enough if you're doing a lot of quicker turns.

I still use both Live Search and Google Maps for looking up things however, they are both much more up to date for finding businesses. I'll generally use one or the other to find the address for something, and then plug that address into iGuidance.

One thing that I don't like is that you do have to pay for map updates. I've only been using it for about six months and I haven't updated the maps yet, but I don't like the idea of paying $80 for new maps in the future when the software itself was $110.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan