PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2010, 04:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo750,HTC Touch PRO, DIAMOND, Palm Pre, Epic 4G
Carrier: AT&T and SPRINT

youngblack is keeping up the good workyoungblack is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM][BETA] Froyo DJ29 leak, deodexed, zipaligned and pre-rooted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lsme420 View Post
Really? I must just be high.
...Well in that case, you probably thought the camera button was actually... power button...?

Last edited by youngblack; 11-19-2010 at 05:02 PM.
Old 11-19-2010, 05:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
unzip the modem on your computer. it will contain both files you need.
after you flash the rom via cwm, start odin like normal. put the pi file from the unzipped modem in the pit section.
put the .bin file in the phone section.
hit start.

Cool...Finally did that. But gps didn't work right out the box. For a moment there I thought this is bullshit...!!! So I grab me a copy of GPS info and toolbox right from the Market.. Flush out cache and downloaded new data then gps started working again. Another NOT SO HAPPY ABOUT THIS ROM is says I is Hotspot doesn't work right out the box. DJ29 worked out the box but DK05 did not.
Old 11-19-2010, 05:02 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngblack View Post
Cool...Finally did that. But gps didn't work right out the box. For a moment there I thought this is bullshit...!!! So I grab me a copy of GPS info and toolbox right from the Market.. Flush out cache and downloaded new data then gps started working again. Another NOT SO HAPPY ABOUT THIS ROM is says I is Hotspot doesn't work right out the box. DJ29 worked out the box but DK05 did not.
if this is about the leaked modem i highly recommend you dont flash it, sorry if its not but i just woke up and wanted to warn peeps.
Old 11-19-2010, 05:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
if this is about the leaked modem i highly recommend you dont flash it, sorry if its not but i just woke up and wanted to warn peeps.
yeah I saw that.. you tried to warned everybody because someone said their modem bricked their phone. So Gten already warned us in the beginning of the DK05 thread close then reopened it letting us take the bigger risk if necessary. Well guess what... I took the bigger risk. and my only major complaint right now is hotspot doesnt work right out the box. I am stuck with using the latest Android Tether from Downloads - android-wifi-tether - Project Hosting on Google Code

Edit: unsure if I can flash into mobileap d18 with baseband labeled DK05 wtf? I know that would be stupid... So is there a MobileAP-DK05 anywhere?

Last edited by youngblack; 11-19-2010 at 05:16 PM.
Old 11-19-2010, 05:16 PM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
yeah I saw that.. you tried to warned everybody because someone said their modem bricked their phone. So Gten already warned us in the beginning of the DK05 thread close then reopened it letting us take the bigger risk if necessary. Well guess what... I took the bigger risk. and my only major complaint right now is hotspot doesnt work right out the box. I am stuck with using the latest Android Tether from Downloads - android-wifi-tether - Project Hosting on Google Code
well that may not be last issue, i had lots today and also this is way better than odin to flash modems.
[PROGRAM] Heimdall - Cross-Platform Open-Source Flashing Software (1.0.0 Available) - xda-developers
Old 11-19-2010, 05:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker

lol... [PROGRAM] Heimdall - Cross-Platform Open-Source Flashing Software (1.0.0 Available) - xda-developers
I love you, man. Will you have my baby?
No, but I will very gladly accept donations. If you appreciate my work and would like to support future development you can make a donation here. If you think you have something else to offer, then feel free to shoot me a PM or contact me via the contact form on the Glass Echidna website. lol

=D> magnificent... but I haven't encountered any issues yet. I mean wtf... will this bring back the hotspot functionality? Besides I'm using a Windows PC. Assuming those who were using other platforms ****ed up.

Edit: Now I gotta learn about this whole new Heimdall thing...

Last edited by youngblack; 11-19-2010 at 05:48 PM.
Old 11-19-2010, 05:48 PM
acs tester

Quote:
lol... [PROGRAM] Heimdall - Cross-Platform Open-Source Flashing Software (1.0.0 Available) - xda-developers
I love you, man. Will you have my baby?
No, but I will very gladly accept donations. If you appreciate my work and would like to support future development you can make a donation here. If you think you have something else to offer, then feel free to shoot me a PM or contact me via the contact form on the Glass Echidna website. lol

=D> magnificent... but I haven't encountered any issues yet. I mean wtf... will this bring back the hotspot functionality? Besides I'm using a Windows PC. Assuming those who were using other platforms ****ed up.
im on a new w7 pc and people didnt screw up the modem screwed there phones up. these are cooks your talking about, im pretty sure they know how to flash a modem.
Old 11-19-2010, 06:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
im on a new w7 pc and people didnt screw up the modem screwed there phones up. these are cooks your talking about, im pretty sure they know how to flash a modem.

you didn't answer my question.. aside from the details on [PROGRAM] Heimdall - Cross-Platform Open-Source Flashing Software (1.0.0 Available) - xda-developers

EDIT: I'm asking you what are the benefits of flashing with heimdal when I HAVE NOT encountered any issues with odin yet... In other words... About an hour ago, I flashed the beta modem with odin... so If I flashed with heimdal right now with same modem again, will I yield the same results... yes or no?

Last edited by youngblack; 11-19-2010 at 06:43 PM.
Old 11-19-2010, 06:15 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
you didn't answer my question.. aside from the details on [PROGRAM] Heimdall - Cross-Platform Open-Source Flashing Software (1.0.0 Available) - xda-developers

I'm asking you what are the benefits of flashing with heimdal when I haven't encountered any issues with odin yet... In other words... If I flashed with heimdal right now with same modem, will I yield the same results... yes or no?
It says right there:

Quote:
Why use Heimdall when we can use Odin?
Odin is generally unreliable and only runs on Windows systems. Furthermore, Odin is leaked Samsung software that is not freely available or well understood by the community.

Also you can try flashing mobileap di18..but I cant guarantee it will work..it shouldnt crash your phone or anything though..

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-19-2010, 07:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Also you can try flashing mobileap di18..but I cant guarantee it will work..it shouldnt crash your phone or anything though..
I gave it a shot and it didnt work (force close). Also when I tried to access usb from my pc the settings FC on me as well. I am not able to access my usb partition from the pc.. Tried to update modem back to di18 with this ...http://firon.net/xda/update-modemtoDI18.signed.zip and it failed after trying to update modem. Then when I reboot the phone the base band currently is still DK05... sigh.. I hope it's not permanent.

Last edited by youngblack; 11-19-2010 at 08:05 PM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development