PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2010, 12:17 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

volvodr66 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
After upgrade to 6.5 Sprint, email won't delete off yahoo server?

I have searched and found similar issues but none exactly like mine. The problem happened after I upgraded to Sprint WM 6.5 stock rom. I have barely loaded any additional software and set up my email accounts as usual. I have gmail set up as exchange server (outlook). I set up yahoo (none paid version) as both imap and pop and tried just about every setting I can think of and when deleting email from my touch pro they will not delete off the server. The next time I connect, it just downloads the emails again. Any ideas??? Im at a loss on this one. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-04-2010, 01:32 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wirelessly posted (Sprint Touch Pro 2: Opera 9.7 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

you have to go into the settings and select the option to delete the messages from the server...
Old 04-04-2010, 01:43 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

volvodr66 is a n00b
Re: After upgrade to 6.5 Sprint, email won't delete off yahoo server?

I have, but it doesn't seem to work. I can send and receive e-mail's from the account fine, But no matter what I try, it will not delete the messages off the server. Desn't matter if I select delete message or move to trash on server????
Old 04-04-2010, 03:05 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff

If you're just deleting them from sense, try going into inbox and deleting them from there. Several users have noted that the delete option from sense doesn't always work properly. Mine didn't when I flashed (worked with Exchange, not IMAP), then I hard reset and now it seems to actually be working, though I haven't tested it much.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-04-2010, 04:39 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

volvodr66 is a n00b
Smile Re: After upgrade to 6.5 Sprint, email won't delete off yahoo server?

Quote:
Originally Posted by haus View Post
If you're just deleting them from sense, try going into inbox and deleting them from there. Several users have noted that the delete option from sense doesn't always work properly. Mine didn't when I flashed (worked with Exchange, not IMAP), then I hard reset and now it seems to actually be working, though I haven't tested it much.
Wow, that actually worked! So it appears it's a sense problem and not windows. I went in to the inbox like you said and deleted them and it worked like a charm. Funny thing is, I think it only doesn't work on my yahoo. My other email's work o.k. Now I guess I'll try a hard reset and see if it works from sense. Thanks so much, I've been working on this for a week!
Old 04-04-2010, 10:54 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff

I wouldn't do a hard reset just for this, really. Unless you're very cool with doing a hard reset, since it can be kind of a pain to restore things to the way you want them. Like I said, I can't promise it'll fix it; it just seems like mine is working better now, but I can't really explain it...it could be something else. Since I hard reset I have been even more conservative in what I've installed (trying to pin down a memory leak). You just never know with these devices.
Old 04-04-2010, 06:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

i dont think a hard reset matters... noticed this on a friends tp2 with a yahoo account too. i also got it with an aol account randomly before a hard reset and still have it randomly with a hard reset... kind of annoying.
Old 05-08-2010, 10:58 AM
Lurker

irvinm66 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipidfats View Post
i dont think a hard reset matters... noticed this on a friends tp2 with a yahoo account too. i also got it with an aol account randomly before a hard reset and still have it randomly with a hard reset... kind of annoying.
I agree. I have a TP2 and after I upgraded to 6.5, I had problems deleting emails from the server. (Everything on the phone works fine)

I'm a little surprised there hasn't been a little more traffic around this issue.
Old 05-21-2010, 02:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 HD
Carrier: Verizon

JukEboX is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to JukEboX Send a message via MSN to JukEboX Send a message via Yahoo to JukEboX Send a message via Skype™ to JukEboX

I ma having the exact same problem and I use my E-Mail alot during the day. Anyway to get this fixed? Anyone seen any registry fix of anything?
Old 08-06-2010, 09:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Apache->Mogul->TP2-> EVO 3D

Slwitek is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to Slwitek Send a message via Yahoo to Slwitek

I have tried a couple of different 2.5 Sense roms and none of them delete emails from the server. Either people are'nt using thier phones for multiple email accounts, or they are just putting up with it. Like Invinm66 said, I am also surprised that more people have not been complaining and there is not an official fix for this...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2