PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2010, 10:36 PM
V.I.P
Pocket PC: 3VO for me, EVO for wife
Carrier: on the Now Network™ from Sprint®

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

I click on haret and it says loading Linux, I thought this was Android?
Old 03-11-2010, 10:38 PM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Eschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Well, I will admit that I have a little sympathy for some of the n00bs who come in here asking basic questions. I've never been a search nazi. After all, we've all been there (heh, I remember the day way back when I asked someone what the HardSPL unlock was )... so, again, we've all been there. And anyone who has ever joined a brand new forum out there on the net knows that sometimes it's hard to navigate and find what you're looking for at first blush

That being said, if you're competent enough to find the proper thread to post your question in, it's only common sense that you would also read the first post or two in that same thread before asking anything. Well, it seems like that would be common sense to me, at least...

I've come to the conclusion that the people that get yelled at about searching first generally have no clue what they're doing in the first place. Otherwise they would have searched/read the FAQ on their own first, right?

Last edited by Eschelon; 03-11-2010 at 10:40 PM.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

biff6789 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbiff6789 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbiff6789 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eschelon View Post
Well, I will admit that I have a little sympathy for some of the n00bs who come in here asking basic questions. I've never been a search nazi. After all, we've all been there (heh, I remember the day way back when I asked someone what the HardSPL unlock was )... so, again, we've all been there. And anyone who has ever joined a brand new forum out there on the net knows that sometimes it's hard to navigate and find what you're looking for at first blush

That being said, if you're competent enough to find the proper thread to post your question in, it's only common sense that you would also read the first post or two in that same thread before asking anything. Well, it seems like that would be common sense to me, at least...

I've come to the conclusion that the people that get yelled at about searching first generally have no clue what they're doing in the first place. Otherwise they would have searched/read the FAQ on their own first, right?
Well said
Old 03-11-2010, 10:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

citats is keeping up the good workcitats is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00_MACKIE_00 View Post
I click on haret and it says loading Linux, I thought this was Android?
? Android is Linux... Haret is also used to load ubuntu on the tp2.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:46 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

rushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/17992; U; en))

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eschelon

I think if you are here then you probably were in the touch pro 2 part of the forum. You should have some idea how this works.

This also was just started so it shouldn't be that hard to find what you need. If you just joined the touch pro 2 forum you will see 300 pages and won't know what to do. With 2 pages here it should be easy to catch up. Thanks to all the repeated questions this part is already 3 times larger than it needs to be.

I say we could start this over and just keep all the posts explaining what to do so everyone can find things. But if we did that I'm sure it will end up how it is right now.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:50 PM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!

Eschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushco View Post
I think if you are here then you probably were in the touch pro 2 part of the forum. You should have some idea how this works.

This also was just started so it shouldn't be that hard to find what you need. If you just joined the touch pro 2 forum you will see 300 pages and won't know what to do. With 2 pages here it should be easy to catch up. Thanks to all the repeated questions this part is already 3 times larger than it needs to be.

I say we could start this over and just keep all the posts explaining what to do so everyone can find things. But if we did that I'm sure it will end up how it is right now.
Happens to every ROM thread
Old 03-11-2010, 10:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2 and THE Moment. tp2_4sale
Carrier: THE NOW NETWORK

ps3evader is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by biff6789 View Post
Well said
i agree man
Old 03-11-2010, 11:33 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo LTE

subzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to subzero1313 Send a message via MSN to subzero1313 Send a message via Yahoo to subzero1313

I generally try to read up heavily before I attempt to do anything potential harmful to my phone. I was asking a basic question because if it was too hard/too much didn't work I wasn't going to bother. I figured(like most I assume) asking a quick question is a lot easier than swimming through 100 pages of replies.
Old 03-11-2010, 11:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

kitts is keeping up the good workkitts is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by citats View Post
? Android is Linux... Haret is also used to load ubuntu on the tp2.
Seriously? lol
Old 03-11-2010, 11:38 PM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!

Quote:
Originally Posted by subzero1313 View Post
I generally try to read up heavily before I attempt to do anything potential harmful to my phone. I was asking a basic question because if it was too hard/too much didn't work I wasn't going to bother. I figured(like most I assume) asking a quick question is a lot easier than swimming through 100 pages of replies.
Just download flyers' package that is linked on the first post and then unzip it to the root of your storage card. Once that's done, just load the haret.exe app that's packed in with it and you're off

Last edited by Eschelon; 03-11-2010 at 11:41 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android linux tp2 cdma, eclair, touch pro2