PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2009, 03:09 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to budney
UPDATE: 9/16 Cmonex Is Taking Donations For A Unlocker For The CDMA & GSM Treo Pro!!!

Hey everyone,

cmonex has agreed to work her magic on both the CDMA & GSM Treo Pro to get us a hard-spl/unlocker. So with that said she is asking for donations from all who want to see a Hard-SPL/unlocker for the CDMA & GSM Treo Pro become a reality.

I am still offering cmonex my Sprint Treo Pro if the CDMA ROM dump dose not work!

UPDATE: 10/17/09 (GSM Unlocker)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonex View Post
I'll be happy to say, work on this is basically done, release in a couple of days. will need some testing though just in case

If you have any questions please post them!

Donations sent to me from NEPATR1OTS & acidhax have been returned to them, so they can now go to cmonex directly!!!

To donate to cmonex for her great work, click the button below!![COLOR=DarkSlateGray]

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020923.gif http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020658.gif

Last edited by budney; 10-19-2009 at 11:18 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-28-2009, 01:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP, TP2, Imagio
Carrier: Alltel-Verizon

NEPATR1OTS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNEPATR1OTS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNEPATR1OTS is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Taking Donations For A Hard-SPL/Unlocker To Get Custom ROMS On The Treo Pro!!!

Donation made. I will give more if needed!!
Old 07-28-2009, 03:21 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

darnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuff
Re: Taking Donations For A Hard-SPL/Unlocker To Get Custom ROMS On The Treo Pro!!!

Might it have been more prudent, to have a thread with a title like "Need GSM Treo Pro volunteer". That would possibly get a volunteer faster, just as you're going to ship your Sprint Treo Pro Budney.

Instead of the rush for donations, maybe the GSM Treo Pro crowd should have been given some days to see if one of them might volunteer a device. Then a post asking for donations if no volunteer came forward after a set number of days.

I mean I see you mention someone can volunteer a GSM device in this thread, but it's not the title and I suspect some GSM Treo Pro owners who might be willing to volunteer a device might miss this thread. Much of the effort before this was all about the CDMA device.
Old 07-28-2009, 03:24 PM
Father of the Treo Pro
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2/Treo Pro
Carrier: SPRINT

CFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by darnell View Post
Might it have been more prudent, to have a thread with a title like "Need GSM Treo Pro volunteer". That would possibly get a volunteer faster, just as you're going to ship your Sprint Treo Pro Budney.

Instead of the rush for donations, maybe the GSM Treo Pro crowd should have been given some days to see if one of them might volunteer a device. Then a post asking for donations if no volunteer came forward after a set number of days.

I mean I see you mention someone can volunteer a GSM device in this thread, but it's not the title and I suspect some GSM Treo Pro owners who might be willing to volunteer a device might miss this thread. Much of the effort before this was all about the CDMA device.
Actually cmonex has agreed to start on the CDMA first and I dumped my device with her moments ago.

CFay TP2 Port ROM! Check it out!
Changed my name from fayfay392 to CFay!
Old 07-28-2009, 06:54 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep

With all these changes I don't really know what to do.?

cmonex is working on the CDMA TP. I thought she needed a device?

cmonex wants the donation going to her. Fine by me, but by putting her donation link in my post it could open a big can of worms if questions come up with the donations.

I guess we can change the thread so someone can come forth with a GSM TP, but I would like to know how cmonex feels about this? I don't want to make her mad and drop this project. I did the donations this way because I wanted to get both devices to cmonex quickly. I didn't think it was right to keep one side or another held back, just because we were waiting for one person to come forward. And even if that one person came forward, that user and cmonex might not come to a agreement. Then cmonex and everyone else is still waiting.
Old 07-29-2009, 12:41 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

kthxbyelolz is a n00b

I'm down with donating to her. Besides... it's my nature to give women my money. At least this one will deserve it.
Old 07-29-2009, 12:42 AM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthxbyelolz View Post
I'm down with donating to her. Besides... it's my nature to give women my money. At least this one will deserve it.
haha right!!! did this just become stickied? thats awesome!!!!
Old 07-29-2009, 01:06 AM
Father of the Treo Pro
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2/Treo Pro
Carrier: SPRINT

CFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the community

Ive been in contact with cmonex all day pretty much, while her priority is GSM devices, she has agreed to do the CDMA version. She helped me dump my device and I dont think she will need a device to work with. She wanted me to relay to yall that donations should be sent to her paypal located here : Cmonex paypal . This donations are for her work towards the unlocker and are greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
-Chris

Last edited by CFay; 07-29-2009 at 01:29 AM.
Old 07-29-2009, 01:22 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: htc
Carrier: vodafone

cmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

ok, CFay asked me to post

as for having a device, it speeds up the process of hacking the SPL and testing it.

of course with good testers, a device is not always necessary. in the past, there were a few difficult devices (diamond, topaz), where I either actually had to get my hands on the device (topaz), or I needed a really good tester (gsm diamond). but I suppose that with more effort I could have worked it out anyway

as for GSM vs CDMA, whichever works out faster is done / released first. depends on availability of device / testers, and on the difficulty of making the hack, I would say GSM treo pro is easier plus I'm more of a GSM person but of course CDMA is not neglected at all (see my previously opened threads for my CDMA contributions ).

as for the donations, it would be preferable if they got sent to my account directly. (see link in my signature)

budney, if anything is unclear, let me know.

Other devices: Shift, Kaiser, Diamond (GSM version), Universals (Qtek 9000, Vodafone VPA IV) + non HTC ones.

Donations To cmonex
This post has been thanked 7 times.
Old 07-29-2009, 01:45 AM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

OK! Thank you CFay and cmonex for clearing things up. Tomorrow I will clean up the first post.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro