View Single Post
Old 04-29-2009, 02:44 PM
dehx
PPCGeeks Regular

dehx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardehx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardehx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardehx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint TP on Verizon UPDATE! (NO LONGER WORKING)

BUMP

Ok, I just bought a Sprint Touch Pro from a seller, called verizon and they gave me the whole crap about "OH sorry that doesn't work with our network " typical bs. So I went home and flashed the Verizon Stock rom and and Verizon Radio to my Sprint touch pro.(***WARNING**** DO NOT FLASH THE VERIZON SPL TO YOUR SPRINT TP, IT WILL ERASE THE IMEI# FROM YOUR PHONE AND WILL KEEP THE VERIZON NETWORK FROM BEING ABLE TO SEE YOUR PHONE, I DID THIS AND HAD TO MANUALLY EDIT MY PHONE NVR TO THE IMEI # AGAIN BEFORE ANYTHING WOULD WORK) *228 dials and works so I know I am connected to verizon. Next step: I load up QSPT and copy over the ERI file and the UMD file to the sprint, I checked and changed all the settings in ESPT compared to my verizon TP. Tried to activate and it still wouldnt work. *228 options 1 thru 3 still not working.

I called verizon tech support (***IMPORTANT*** DO NOT CALL REGULAR CUSTOMER SERVICE!! CALL THIS NUMBER: 1-800-922-0204 AND FOLLOW THE PROMPTS FOR TECH SUPPORT UNTIL YOU GET TO TECH SUPPORT FOR BLACKBERRY AND OTHER PDAs) I complained that my "Alltel" TP (*wink* which is really a Sprint, I did this because they constantly fought me as soon as they heard the word sprint) wasnt activating and that I needed to have this phone on my plan, and that the IMEI was not showing up to activate, for some reason. I also told her that the phone was 100% compatible as a verizon tech (*wink* hehe) Flashed all the verizon software to the phone and said I need to call tech support to add the IMEI to the database. The tech immediately asked me for the IMEI (hex, not DEC) # and she said it would take up to 24hrs. for the Database to be updated, I am waiting for the confirmation call and I am constantly trying to activate the Sprint phone.

I will post here with an update should everything work... or not work. We may have a new backdoor gentlemen.
This post has been thanked 3 times.