View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 09:16 PM
lordshadowz
Regular 'Geeker

lordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to lordshadowz
Re: [April 21st, 2009] (((((MightyROM5))))) Windows Phone® 21501 Build 21501

Verizon Wireless Touch Pro (Xv6850) Mighty ROM4 R3BORN/ Mighty Rom 5 Setup/Tweak/VzW Issues/GPS Issues/Native Apps install and Fixes Post

This posting is designed specifically for Verizon Touch Pro users using Mighty Rom 4/R3BORN or Mighty Rom 5. As the VzW version of the Touch Pro has less RAM than any of the other versions, Mighty's Rom must be tweaked a little to get the maximum amount of RAM available after installation, yet leaving the awesome responsiveness of the ROM. There are also Verizon native apps and some issues/bugs specific to Verizon that you will find answers/fixes too. I've added a GPS section for those that are having initial GPS lock issues or want to increase performance. You will also find essential apps attached to this post. The following information can be used for both MR 4/R3BORN or MR 5 UNLESS it specifically says MR 5. Quick info about both ROMS:

Mighty Rom 4/R3BORN- Windows Mobile 6.1. Touch Flo 3D Optimized. Really Fast. Fully Loaded. Everything works and is the BEST WM 6.1 ROM out there.

Mighty Rom 5- Windows Phone 6.5. Fully loaded. Both Titanium Home and TF3D optimized. REMEMBER this is PRE-RELEASE CODE. Be aware you may find issues with this ROM when you install it. I have to say that by far this is the best Wm6.5 out there.

For anyone else wanting extra Ram you can also read on. Some of the techniques can be used on any Touch Pro. With all this said, read on for the goodness !

This post is broken down into sections.

I. Initial requirements and set up.
II. Changing the Pagepool to get additional RAM.
III. Disabling the HTC Dialer for additional RAM
IV. Tips- Including MMS,Radio updates, and other things.
V. Verizon Native Applications installation and questions.
VI. Bugs Including DATA and MS Voice Command.
VII. Essential Files attached to this post.
VIII. GPS Issues. Including Initial Sat lock and GPS lag/performance.
IX. Verizon Accessories. Including Official Verizon OEM Extended Battery

I. Initial Requirements.

1)Your Device must be fully charged
2)Your Device must be successfully Activesynced
3)All of Your Data/Contacts/Software must be backed up.
4)Be prepared to Flash your Device. Changing the Pagepool requires a flash.
5)Have downloaded and installed Winrar or any .rar extension unrarer to your PC.
6) *******SCROLL DOWN AND READ THE BUGS SECTION TO LEARN ABOUT KNOWN BUGS WITH THIS ROM/BUILD SO YOU ARE AWARE OF THEM BEFORE PROCEEDING ! THERE ARE HOTFIXES THAT NEED TO BE DOWNLOADED*******

This posting assumes you already know how to, or have already unlocked your Verizon Touch Pro. If not please visit here to get started:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42503

Make sure you've also read the FAQ for this ROM itself located at the following link, after it loads scroll down past the wallpapers: The FAQ will answer many questions specific to the ROM itself.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...29&postcount=4

II. Changing the Pagepool to get additional RAM

If you do not know what a Pagepool is, please visit the following link to learn about it:

http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index...ename=PagePool

Mighty Rom4 R3Born and Mighty Rom5 are both set at a pagepool of 16 megs. This is too high for our Verizon Touch Pros. After Flashing and testing I’ve found that a page pool of 8 does not effect the Rom stability and yet provides a nice RAM boost for our devices. Ok now on to the goodness

Ok so you've unlocked your Touch Pro and downloaded the MightyROM5_05.08.09_Herman.exe or 4R3BORN.rar file to your desktop by going here:

Mighty Rom 5
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=52695

Mighty Rom 4/R3BORN
http://www.lilrico.com/Mighty/ROMs/4R3BORN.rar

Mighty changed the installation method for Mighty ROM 5 so I had to split up the initial installation instructions for Mighty Rom 5 and R3BORN.

For Mighty Rom 5 you will notice it's in an .exe format. After downloading the MightyROM5_05.08.09_Herman.exe file to your desktop, go into the flashing RUU folder and make a new folder called "MR5_8_09" and then go back to your desktop, RIGHT CLICK on the MightyROM5_05.08.09_Herman.exe file and then select EXTRACT TO and then browse to the flashing RUU folder and select the MR5_8_09 directory. It will now unzip the EXE to that folder.

for R3BORN, Unzip the 4R3BORN.rar file into the Flashing RUU folder where your going to do the flash then use the following steps.

1) Navigate to the Flashing RUU folder, then navigate to where you unzipped Mighty Rom 5 or Mighty Rom 4/R3BORN. For Mighty Rom 4/R3BORN it will be named 4R3BORN and for Mighty Rom 5 it will be named MR5_8_09. I usually rename it to the Rom version I'm about to flash so theres no confusion with the actual Flashing RUU folder)

2) Select the program in the folder that says PAGEPOOL CHANGER.

3) After it loads, a screen will pop up. You click on SELECT. Another screen will pop up. Select the ROM image "RUU_Signed.nbh" and click OPEN

4) Now on the screen you will see the little bubble next to the number 16 is selected. Use the pointer and select the 8 bubble and make sure the . is in it.

5) On the same screen once your finished click CHANGE TO and then wait a moment while it does it's thing and then click close.

6) Now you will be back in the same directory as the Mighty Rom image you just changed. Copy and paste the RUU_Signed.nbh file into the RUU folder and now flash the ROM to your device by putting your device into bootloader mode and then using ROMupdateutility.

7) After it totally finishes the flashing procedure, you set the screen and all customizations are installed, it will soft reset and you are at the Home screen. Click on Start, setting, CLEAR STORAGE, type in 1234, do NOT check nand flash and hard reset the device. It's very important to Hard reset after putting a new ROM on your device to make sure everything is set up properly. Junk can remain in your ram after a flash and cause problems. So again make sure you hard reset after the initial flashing.

8 )After it hard resets, you set up the screen and the customizations load and you are now at the home screen again, SOFT Reset the device by using your stylus and hitting the soft reset button by the Mini USB port. It's important to SOFT reset after a hard reset to make sure everything is set up properly.

Ok you are back at the home screen. With the Page Pool change you now should have

Mighty Rom 5- About 42 megs of Ram available after everything loads if using Titanium home screen or 32 megs of ram using TF3D. You will also notice very little decrease in speed. As a matter of fact the Rom is super fast and you have the added ram boost for your apps. But wait.. Theres more ! We can get another 10 megs of Ram by following the next steps.

Mighty Rom 4/R3BORN- About 37 Megs of RAM available after everything loads and your using TF3D.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____

III. Disabling the Dialer for 10 additional megs of RAM

1) Download and install to DEVICE the advanced Configuration Tool attached to this post.

2) Load up Advance Config and navigate to the "PHONE" section and click on it.

3) DISABLE the DIALER by clicking on PHONE SKIN and then clicking DISABLE and then click DONE.

4) You will be prompted to soft reset the device. Do so..

You now will have after rebooting

Mighty Rom 5- 52 megs of Ram available using Titanium Home screen or 42 megs if using TF3D..

Mighty Rom 4/R3BORN- 47 Megs of RAM if using TF3D.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____

IV. TIPS SECTION:

1) To use the SMS/PIX/VIDEO message features you must install the Verizon Arcsoft cab to DEVICE. It works perfectly on my device. Click on the following URL, scroll down the single post to the VERIZON section and download Verizon_ARCSoft_MMS_5.0.69.44 cab

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...30&postcount=5

2) Some programs won't free up RAM properly after you exit them. I use a program from HTC Addicts called clear RAM. I use level 3 and it really does a great job of restoring your ram properly. Just be advised after using it it will activate the phone app and restart TF3D if your using it instead of Titanium. But when its done you will have your ram back and wont have to Soft reset. I've attached it to this post.

3) After a fresh flash and hard reset, its important over the next 24 hours to throw your Touch Pro some random SOFT reboots.

4) Since Mighty Mike uses telus, their SMS text is maxed to 130 characters. Install the sms160 cab attached to this post to up it to 160 characters. Install it to DEVICE.

5) If you decide to update the devices Radio, you most likely will need to hard reset the device after you install the new Radio. I installed the Telus Radio and found the GPS wouldn’t work. I ended up hard resetting the device and all was well. I’ve had really good results with the Telus Radio. It’s definitely better than the stock Verizon Radio.

For Radio Information and files go here:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=46616

V. Verizon Native Apps installation and questions:

1) To install VzW Appzone application download the prime installer cab attached to this post. BEFORE installing it you MUST do the following for the app to properly Identify your device as a Touch Pro. Load up PHM Registry editor, attached to this post, and follow the Directions:

Navigate to:
HKLM\Security\Internet Explorer\User Agent

You will see the value:
Sprint PPC6850SP

Click on it and change the value to:
480x640; XV6850; Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional;

Click done/save and thats it..

Now Install the Vz Appzone cab to the DEVICE and NOT while connected or syncing to a PC. It will work nicely now.

2) VzW GPS Navigator will NOT work with this ROM. It requires different GPS drivers that are not included in the ROM. Who wants to pay for free navigation anyways !

3) Visual Voicemail Does NOT work on the Touch Pro. This is a VERIZON issue and has nothing to do with Mighty Rom ! I'll update if Verizon decides to make the app work with our Touch Pro's.

4) If, while text messaging, you receive the message "The preceding message was modified to remove multimedia objects "AND or a person sending you a text gets the message "Your message was converted to plain text" This is because Verizon has our Touch Pro's set up as non enhanced messaging capable devices. Basically if anyone sending you a text has a signature, smiley face, or picture inside their regular text message both of you will get that message. I spent hours on the phone with several techs and they say thats the way it is. It's a Verizon thing. Sorry. And yes it sucks.

VI. BUGS SECTION:

For Mighty Rom4 R3Born Only:
MR4- DOWNLOAD THE HOTFIX HERE TO FIX YOUR CAMERA AND YOUTUBE FUNCTIONS. INSTALL TO DEVICE AND REBOOT !!

FOR Mighty Rom 5 Only:
MR5- ***DO NOT INSTALL ANY NUEPOWER CDMA BATTERY DRIVERS, THEY ARE NOT COMPATIBLE***

MR5- ***DO NOT INSTALL ANY 3RD PARTY IN CALL VOICE RECORDERS, IT WILL BREAK YOUR SOUNDS***

MR5- ***DOWNLOAD THE MR5 HOTFIX HERE TO FIX YOUR CAMERA AND YOUTUBE OPTIONS ISSUES. INSTALL TO DEVICE AND SOFT REBOOT***

MR5- At this time the new Flash package that is installed with Mighty Rom 5 is NOT playing well with Opera. No matter what version of Opera you use if you go to a flash heavy site with videos it will crash. To temporarily fix this, with Opera loaded, you have to go into settings and uncheck/disable "Plugins" You will lose the ability to watch flash videos with Opera HOWEVER other flash and java content will work and it will no longer crash.

MR5- The Keyboard is lagged while typing. This is a systemwide issue thats not ROM specific. No fixes yet. One way to alleviate this is to DISABLE T9 in the input panel under settings/personal.

MR5- The HTC CleanRam App doesn't work well with Mighty Rom 5. It doesn't clear much ram. I've e-mailed the developer in hopes of getting a Windows Phone 6.5 update. I will update this when its released.

GENERAL BUGS
If you happen to get the bug where your internet cuts out and tells you "Your SprintPCS Vision Username and Password are incorrect" here is the fix:

Click on START, SETTINGS, Select the CONNECTIONS TAB.
Click on the CONNECTIONS ICON.
It will tell you to wait a moment while it examines your connections.
Select MANAGE EXISTING CONNECTIONS.
Highlight DATA #777 and click the EDIT BUTTON.
Screen will say DATA, click NEXT
Screen will say #777, Click NEXT
On the next screen type in the login information as follows:
User Name: vzw
Password: (the last 7 digits of your cell phone number)
Domain: leave this BLANK

Click Save password and click FINISH and your done.

2) Microsoft Voice Command Bugs.

With the 4_25_09 MR5 Update MS Voice Command is now included and already installed in the ROM. It also comes automatically in Mighty Rom 4/R3BORN. To get it to announce calls, load up PHM registry editor, attached to this post, and do the following:

Navigate to:
HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\TTSAnnounce\Category

Change the value from VoiceCommand1 to Ring

Click done and save.

Navigate to:
HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\TTSAnnounce\Script

Change the value from as5p to v0p

Make sure in settings/personal/voice Command that under PHONE in notifications its set to use both Bluetooth and device if available and under options make sure its set to announce calls.
__________________________________________________ _____________

VIII. GPS Issues/Lag and Questions.

You do NOT need to do anything with this rom or change any settings for the GPS to work. I've used both GoogleMaps and Microsoft Live Search and both work right out of the box without any need to mess with any settings after flashing. Make sure you update QuickGPS and are outside and not trying to use it inside by a window. Do NOT install lllboredlll's GPS fix with this rom. This rom automatically unlocks the GPS. With that said. If you are still have problems with the GPS or Quick GPS not working. Do the following:

Make sure your data Connection is actively working properly.

Click on Start, Settings, Phone. Go to services and make sure the setting Location is set to ON.

Run Quick GPS Update. ( It won't work unless your data is working and Location is set to ON.)

Go to Start,settings,system and run External GPS

In External GPS check the following settings:
GPS program port: COM4
GPS harware port: NONE
under access check mark: Manage GPS Automatically

Now go to the following URL and download the HTC GPS TOOL and install it to DEVICE:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...0&d=1229805756

Open the HTC GPS Tool and change the following settings:

Press the left soft key (function) click CHIP and set it to Q 7500

Press the left soft key (function) click MODE and set it to Cold Start

On the main screen under chip type it will now say Q 7500. Com Port 4. Below that set the baud rate to 4800.

Now click Open port. make sure your outside and have a clear view of the sky. It should start seeing satellites in a short amount of time. Wait until you see it say Satellites LOCKED. Then click Close Port and exit the tool.

As reported by RONMAC it can, sometimes, take him a few tries using the htc gps tool to get a lock after flashing a new rom. So if you still have trouble try the above again. Also after you receive your initial satellite lock you won't need to use the GPS Tool again. You are only using it to get that initial lock.

Now go to Googlemaps and check the following settings
OPTIONS/GPS Settings
Under My Location settings make sure MANAGED BY WINDOWS is checkmarked.

Now Click on OPTIONS and select USE GPS

It should now work.

***If it still doesn't get a lock OR your getting GPS LAG, you can try the following. It's a bit more complicated but not hard. There is mixed reviews on these settings that they actually help with GPS LAG. They work nicely for me and improve performance in Googlemaps, MS Live Search, and Tom Tom Navigator. The following steps can be totally reversed if necessary.

These settings are posted on XDA by a person named "Omega01" and the info was given to me by fellow PPCgeeker "k9wh91984"

k9wh91984 was having problems getting his GPS to get that first initial lock on his Verizon Touch Pro, even after performing all the steps I outlined above. After doing these edits and reflashing the telus Radio and doing all the above steps again it worked and it continues to work. I cleaned up the directions to make them easier for people.

Requirements:
Advanced Configuration tool (attached to this post)
PHM Registry Editor (Attached to this post)
File Explorer or Total Commander.

Step 1:
Load up Advanced Configuration tool. Scroll down and click on GPS.
Disable A-GPS
Disable GPS logging
Click done and you will be prompted to soft reboot. Do so.

Load up File explorer or Total command and navigate to your device and to the Windows Folder.
Delete the files : \windows\GPSLogFile.txt and \windows\GPSLogFileBack.txt
Exit out of Total Commander.

Load up PHM Registry Editor and navigate to:
HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\

Change the following settings:

- Drivers\GpsOneDevice\PollInterval -> 100 (default is 1000)
- Drivers\InputBufferSize -> 256 (default is 4096)(Max setting is 512)
- Drivers\OutputBufferSize -> 256 (default is 4096)(Max setting is 512)
- Drivers\SleepOnNoData -> 100 (default is 1000)

This next step you must create a registry entry. Under GPS Intermediate Driver, click on and highlight "Multiplexer"

In PHM Registry Editor, lower left of the screen, now click on EDIT, select NEW DWORD VALUE.

Under value data type 512 and under value name type in MaxBufferSize

Leave base as Decimal. Click OK.

When your done the edit will be located here:

- Multiplexer\MaxBufferSize 512

Thats it. exit PHM Registry editor. Soft reset and give it a whirl.

And Finally.. Even if after doing all of the above, you are STILL unable to get that initial sat lock.. There is one last thing I can sugeest you try. I don't normally suggest this but it's had a good success rate.

Go here:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...6&d=1230258483

Download and install to the device the llboredll GPS v2 fix. Soft reboot. After it reboots, use File explorer and navigate to your device/windows folder. Now scroll down and run the PPST.exe tool. Follow the prompts. It will offline your radio, apply the patch. It will then soft reboot the device. MAKE SURE THE PATCH SUCCESSFULLY OFFLINES AND PATCHES YOUR RADIO ! Watch the prompts. I've had several times where it didn't successfully patch. If it doesn't just run PPST.EXE again until you see it say Successfu.

After it patches and reboots your device, go and use the HTC GPS tool with the settings I provided in my post. Once you get satellite lock you won't ever have to use htc gps tool again. Close the port and try your navigation software. You should be good to go.

If not and you honestly did everything properly I put in above, then your SOL. There is nothing else I can suggest.

***REMEMBER ! IF YOU UPDATED THE DEVICES RADIO ROM *AFTER* INSTALLING MIGHTY ROM MOST LIKELY YOUR GPS IS RELOCKED AND WONT WORK UNLESS YOU HARD RESET AGAIN***

IX. Accessories

1) In case you might be looking for an extended battery solution, Verizon is now offering an OEM HTC Extended battery with a very nice Verizonized extended back door. You WON'T find it on the website. For unknown reasons they won't list it. It costs $54 with tax and they will bill it right to your account if your paid up in full for the month. Free overnight shipping as well.

Just call 18002joinin and talk to a customer service agent and tell them you are looking for the xv6850 extended 1800mah battery with extended door. They do a simple search and find it. Click on the following link for pictures.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...00+mah+battery

END OF LINE

If you have any problems or questions PM me or post them but SEARCH first ! If you have a Verizon Issue that you’d like added to this post please let me know. I would like to thank Mighty Mike and LilRico for the greatest ROM on the planet. I would like to thank Cochoz for writing the general FAQ for Mighty Rom 5. I would like to thank Arelas for the log in Info. I would like to thank RONMAC for the GPS tool information. And I would like to thank PPCgeeks site for such a great place to come to.

VII. Essential Files attached.

Billy a.k.a. LordShadowz
Verizon HTC Touch Pro
Running Mighty Rom 5 (5/8/09)
Running Telus Radio 1.04.05v

My Custom R3BORN/MR5 TF3D mods- [HERE]
My MR5 Review

VERIZON TOUCH PRO USERS, go [HERE] for Help Installing and tweaking MIGHTY ROM4 R3BORN AND MIGHTY ROM 5 with ADDED RAM, NATIVE VzW apps, Tips, Bugs with fixes, GPS Issues and essential apps attached! Updated regularly with new Info. Last Update 5/13/09

Last edited by lordshadowz; 05-13-2009 at 08:25 AM.
This post has been thanked 37 times.