View Single Post
Old 10-14-2008, 04:56 PM
snovvman
Regular 'Geeker

snovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Solution on delay answer when data on (no hard reset needed!)

I had the same problem as many others: When data is on (active or dormant, EVDO or 1xRTT (dormant), it takes many seconds for the calls to be answered, the phone keeps ringing even though I pressed the answer key.

It does appear that one of the tweak applications created the problem, at least for some. After much research, this may be it...

Take a look at your HKLM/Comm/ConnMgr/Planner/Settings/SuspendResume

It is a multi-sz value and should be #777. If it shows anything like ~GPRS or something containing GPRS, change it back to #777 and soft reset.

When I used PHM Regedit to correct this, it seemed to crash (the reg editor never crashed before now). I had to use SKTool's regedit. I will create an export if this will help you.

Once I changed it back to #777, I can answer the call immediately when data is on, time and time again. Prior to this, there was a significant delay.

Please let me know if this works for you.

Edit: I also noticed that, with this correction, after the call, the data goes back to dormant rather than disconnected.

Last edited by snovvman; 10-15-2008 at 12:51 PM.
This post has been thanked 66 times.