View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 10:51 AM
obsidian440
Lurker

obsidian440 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I want to say thanks to everyone who worked on the wm6 upgrade and the kitchen, I really appreciate your work in bringing this update to those of us who love our phones but our carriers don't.

That said, I'm having trouble getting my direct push to work again with my exchange server. We are using 2007 with a self-signed ssl cert. On wm5 I was able to use the registry changes along with importing the cert manually to make it work. With my new upgrade I am now getting the message "server cert is wrong". I was unable to find any real answer searching google and these forums. I have tried to manually import the cert and doing the registry change but I'm still running into the same problem.

To be more specific, without the registry change, I get a message stating the server is the wrong name, with the registry it just tells me the certificate is wrong. I have checked all date/time settings on both my server and my phone, both match exactly. I have full access to the exchange server and phone. Any ideas ? Are there any new registry tweaks that can be done ?
Or is this just a case of having a self-signed cert and I should buckled down and buy a real one ?