PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2010, 03:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo
Carrier: Sprint

outerpip is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: moment data (evdo) locking up for anyone ?

I can also vouch for the evdo cutting out. Love the phone, but on edge til 2.1 comes out. Problems started when I updated to cl14, so bleh. I say stick it out....should be here by April.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

SAShady is keeping up the good workSAShady is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by outerpip View Post
I can also vouch for the evdo cutting out. Love the phone, but on edge til 2.1 comes out. Problems started when I updated to cl14, so bleh. I say stick it out....should be here by April.
yeah ever since the update i've had the data loss, random frequent lockups, random resets, losing service. I think it's because they patched 1.5 so much to work for the CDMA network. Hopefully when they release 2.1 which is completely compatible, there will be no more issues
Old 02-09-2010, 09:34 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

blazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blazinazn

Man, I thought it was just me. I started seeing all these problems after I updated. I knew I shouldn't have updated. My phone was fine but noooooooooo, I gotta update the stupid thing cause of better battery performance and AGPS.

Before the update, I would have inactive arrows for EV. Now I get a D (which means it's disabled/inactive). Perhaps this has something to do with the battery performance? My email won't sync correctly sometimes. Email will be delayed 5-30 minutes at times.

I find myself rebooting a lot more to regain a signal. So mad at myself.

Places in my apartment where I know I had a good signal before, I'm not in 1x. The optical mouse has cut out a few times. The list goes on and on...
Old 02-09-2010, 09:53 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moment

Rtlsnk04 is a n00b

I also have the issue of my data cutting out or going back and forth to 1x................go figure there is always something going on with every phone anymore. Dont think it matters what you get anymore there are always going to be something wrong
Old 02-09-2010, 10:12 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

blazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blazinazn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtlsnk04 View Post
I also have the issue of my data cutting out or going back and forth to 1x................go figure there is always something going on with every phone anymore. Dont think it matters what you get anymore there are always going to be something wrong
I had zero problems up until the update. Don't fix what's not broken

Thankfully, we have sites like ppcgeeks and xda to help us out.
Old 02-09-2010, 03:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo

outerpip is a n00b

Now, I can say that my battery performance has increased tremendously, unless of course I actually wanna use my GPS indoors. My bro has the Droid, and after playing with is and seeing how fast the gps connects, plus decent battery life, and larger screen, I'm a little jealous. Still think it'll be one of the top Android phones though, if 2.1 comes out before the dual-core phones....take forever Sprint, kthx.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP

sledgie is a n00b

I have had similar problems. The battery and the evdo/1x turning off by itself are the #1+ #2 problems for me. I came from a TP2, I still have it. TP2 had great battery life, wonderful wifi chip, awesome A-GPS and gps. Not trying to go off topic...

My evdo will switch to 1x, and then the 1x will go dormant. However, recently (in the past 2 weeks) my phone will be sitting on the dresser, at 4 bars, i will charge it overnight, and wake up and it will be no service. I've also noticed (aside from the fact the LEDs don't work telling me it's fully charged) that it takes a long time to charge... and while using wifi!

However, i'm able to duplicate it the last 4 nights by streaming classical music to it via wifi, and then when i wake up there is no service. Txt messages are delayed of course until i either A.) pull the battery or B.) hold the end call/power button and turn it off/on.

My phone has CUPCAKE/CL14.
Old 02-11-2010, 11:09 PM
Lurker

steve_newbie is a n00b
Thumbs down Re: moment data (evdo) locking up for anyone ?

I have the same lock-ups, loss of phone and data service (typically overnight in a very strong coverage area), and occasionally quickly draining / hot battery (possibly due to Moxier?) since I updated to CL14. The phone worked great with CJ05 other than the lack of AGPS and the extremely poor battery life. The battery life is much better with CL14 (other than when some process churns away draining the battery causing it to get hot.) Whenever the battery is hot or lack of service occurs I have to reboot the phone to get everything to work normally again.
Old 02-14-2010, 11:53 AM
Lurker

steve_newbie is a n00b
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; SPH-M900 Build/CUPCAKE) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

Thought I would give an update. I disabled Moxier (removed the account altogether) and so far 3 days without a single problem. No hot battery. No loss of network. Amazing battery life.
Old 02-14-2010, 12:02 PM
Lurker

steve_newbie is a n00b
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; SPH-M900 Build/CUPCAKE) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

Thought I would give an update. I disabled Moxier (removed the account altogether) and so far 3 days without a single problem. No hot battery. No loss of network. Amazing battery life.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment