PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2010, 05:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

chibucks is keeping up the good workchibucks is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Android 2.1 - Rooted

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
So I downloaded the rooted 2.1 and used SWUpdate and now i have a bricked Moment. It will not install the 2.1 leaked, the 2.1 leaked (rooted) or the CL14 update back on my phone. When I try to start my phone, all I get is download mode and an error that it "cannnot find jpg or png."

Anyone have any clues on how I fix this quickly? I need my phone for work and am on-call 24/7.
did you get it fixed? can you boot into recovery (if you previously had it rooted) and flash the cl14_template or cl14_stock?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:14 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Thanks to everyone who tried to help... resolution listed below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgbcapthowdy View Post
take the sprint cl14 update.zip from the caulkin 1.1 first thread and when you get it just raname it update, .zip will auto be the extension. put that on the root of your memory card and hold down volume, green talk, and red end to power up the phone. then you should be able to hit update from sdcard zip or something like th at
Yeah, I tried that, and believe me when I say my Moment was P I S S E D off. After I made my post earlier, I was unable to succesfully get into download or recovery mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by control_logic View Post
I had the same problem myself this morning. What I did to fix it was to install all the required programs on an XP pro machine, and it reloaded the first time. Being paranoid, I flashed back to stock, then to rooted 2.1, but I think it would have worked ok with the 2.1 to start with. Seems like the usb driver was effed up on my laptop. Hope this helps.
I actually tried to restart my Win7 laptop. I also uninstalled and reinstalled the SWUpdate utility, which also did not work. I kept getting an error on the Moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibucks View Post
did you get it fixed? can you boot into recovery (if you previously had it rooted) and flash the cl14_template or cl14_stock?
Well yeah, sort of. I took it to my local Sprint repair center, made up a sad story about force closes and my trying to do a hard reset, and they took it from there. But they worked on it for over an hour and they told me in the end that the Moment stopped being recognized by Windows and they had to use another Moment to swap out at the last minute during the reflash.

And, while I waited, I upgraded another line on my business account and got a Hero for free. So now I have a new toy to play with until my EVO comes, hopefully in June!
Old 04-08-2010, 07:17 PM
the World Watcher
Pocket PC: LG Optimus

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to strra

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
...hopefully in June!
sprint rep told me today (i know, i know) more like september for ~$300
Old 04-08-2010, 07:28 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by strra View Post
sprint rep told me today (i know, i know) more like september for ~$300
I'm more inclined to believe this http://mobile.engadget.com/2010/04/0...-10-20-add-on/ though we won't know for sure til its actually released.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:40 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to Carla

I have guesstimated this before, I say around the 3rd week in December of 2012 we will get the Evo LOL
Old 04-08-2010, 08:28 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaDarla View Post
I have guesstimated this before, I say around the 3rd week in December of 2012 we will get the Evo LOL
How is that in the least bit funny? Oh yeah, because we are dealing with Sprint
Old 04-08-2010, 08:29 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to Carla

Muahahahaha
Old 04-09-2010, 08:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Treo Pro

JCSands is becoming a great contributor

Jumping in here- I too bricked my Moment just like Rain, and was almost at the point of going to the Sprint store as well. Just before that, though, I found somewhere in a forum that suggested running the update utility in XP. Somewhere else I saw that the SD card should be removed to update. So I removed the SD card, and ran the utility in compatibility mode for XP SP2. It worked!
Old 04-10-2010, 01:03 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc evo 3d
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

joeykrim is keeping up the good workjoeykrim is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

just released version 5 of the root and it should be permanent!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-10-2010, 08:02 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCSands View Post
Jumping in here- I too bricked my Moment just like Rain, and was almost at the point of going to the Sprint store as well. Just before that, though, I found somewhere in a forum that suggested running the update utility in XP. Somewhere else I saw that the SD card should be removed to update. So I removed the SD card, and ran the utility in compatibility mode for XP SP2. It worked!
Yeah, I would have done more troubleshooting but I am the IT manager for my company and on-call 24/7. So, since I really like my well paying job, I ran to a Sprint store and got it quickly fixed. And while I was at it, I grabbed a Hero to mess with, too (you have to love FREE).

But thanks for the info, it may come in handy for me, or others in the future!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment