PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2010, 04:49 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

WisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to WisdomWolfX
Re: Is It Just Me Or Have You Noticed Too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
I was actually considering trying to trade my Moment for a TP2. Android is cool and all, but the Moment is kind of a POS. I love the screen but, the keyboard, battery life, and proximity sensor are all garbage.

I'll give Android another shot when the EVO 4G is released.
I can't argue about the keyboard, but battery life is as good as or better than my TP2 when configured properly with CL14 update and custom kernel. The phone as a whole is a hell of a lot better and more useful than the TP2. The only gripe I have is the stupid modem bug, but it doesn't seem to happen too often and hopefully the 2.1 update will come out real soon and squash it for good.

Jumped ship for Android now that WM is officially useless.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:06 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

Calkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
I was actually considering trying to trade my Moment for a TP2. Android is cool and all, but the Moment is kind of a POS. I love the screen but, the keyboard, battery life, and proximity sensor are all garbage.

I'll give Android another shot when the EVO 4G is released.

Honestly I won't go back to Windows Mobile, I can deal with the Moment's downsides until the summer. Yes the Moment has a cheap feel and crappier keyboard than the TP2 but the AMOLED screen, 800MHz CPU & Android keep me happy enough to stay with it, especially considering I really don't use the hardware keyboard for a lot of the main things I use the phone for

On a side note tho, the proximity sensor issue is cause it was designed to have a 2 sec delay but the people at SDX are trying to remove that delay, so hopefully soon we will have a fix

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-25-2010, 01:31 PM
Almost a VIP

WisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calkulin View Post
Honestly I won't go back to Windows Mobile, I can deal with the Moment's downsides until the summer. Yes the Moment has a cheap feel and crappier keyboard than the TP2 but the AMOLED screen, 800MHz CPU & Android keep me happy enough to stay with it, especially considering I really don't use the hardware keyboard for a lot of the main things I use the phone for

On a side note tho, the proximity sensor issue is cause it was designed to have a 2 sec delay but the people at SDX are trying to remove that delay, so hopefully soon we will have a fix
You have a Moment now too? Yep, it's official WM really is dead then. :P
Old 03-27-2010, 01:51 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: iPhone 6 Plus Space Gray 128GB Jailbroken

piscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to piscesjoey Send a message via Yahoo to piscesjoey Send a message via Skype™ to piscesjoey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calkulin View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisdomWolfX View Post
You have a Moment now too? Yep, it's official WM really is dead then. :P
I was about to say the same thing too WisdomWolf! You know something is very wrong when a top chef and kitchen builder has dumped WinMo! Well I'm about to rejoin the world of Android again, and this time for good as I'm on the verge of completing a trade of my TP2 for a Moment myself. So long Windows Mobile!!
Old 03-27-2010, 03:39 PM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

i gladly got rid of the TP2 to get me a Moment... and its the BEST decision i have made regarding a OS jump... (miss WebOS though)

anyway, its a beast of the device despite the small attention its getting but you cant go wrong with AMOLED, 800mhz, and keyboard rite?

NOW!!!! anyone that wants a full SenseUI ROM made say AYE!!!!
Old 03-27-2010, 04:14 PM
Almost a VIP

piscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to piscesjoey Send a message via Yahoo to piscesjoey Send a message via Skype™ to piscesjoey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike20PR View Post
i gladly got rid of the TP2 to get me a Moment... and its the BEST decision i have made regarding a OS jump... (miss WebOS though)

anyway, its a beast of the device despite the small attention its getting but you cant go wrong with AMOLED, 800mhz, and keyboard rite?

The AMOLED screen is special, I just cant stop staring at it
Old 03-27-2010, 05:43 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:

While I am happy about my jump for TP2 to Moment there are still some thing I miss and issues that really bug me. I miss the tilt and WVGA as well as the excellent keyboard, for instance.

The one bug that really bothers me is the data issue where the phone locks up after a random amount of usage. This is particularly frustrating considering that I was really looking forward to being able to stream music via slacker/grooveshark/pandora without having to setup a tether to my ipod touch as I'd been doing in the past. I can only hope this issue is corrected with the pending 2.1 update otherwise I may have to go back to TP2 while I wait for Evo.
Old 03-27-2010, 06:38 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisdomWolfX View Post
While I am happy about my jump for TP2 to Moment there are still some thing I miss and issues that really bug me. I miss the tilt and WVGA as well as the excellent keyboard, for instance.

The one bug that really bothers me is the data issue where the phone locks up after a random amount of usage. This is particularly frustrating considering that I was really looking forward to being able to stream music via slacker/grooveshark/pandora without having to setup a tether to my ipod touch as I'd been doing in the past. I can only hope this issue is corrected with the pending 2.1 update otherwise I may have to go back to TP2 while I wait for Evo.
The keyboard sucks on the Moment, well any keyboard sucks after using the TP2's perfect keyboard, but I'm trying to get swype working on here so I can just use the touch screen solely
Old 03-28-2010, 02:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

SAShady is keeping up the good workSAShady is keeping up the good work

Quote:

NAY! Why would you spoil a beast of hardware with a slow, buggy interface?
Old 03-28-2010, 02:27 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

People are swapping TP2 for Hero so they can sell the TP2 and buy an EVO duh lol

In all seriousness though the Hero isn't all that great spec wise...for winmo users TP2 is pretty much the best winmo has to offer aside the HD2..but thats with t-mobile and other things...

I mean if you had a Hero user looking at all the EVO hype and N1 how would oyu feel?

The TP2 will have its pricetag for a while due to its "worldphone" feature which is hard to come by..Hero is so last year...

Moment is cool though but I hear bad things about battery life on it :/

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment