PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2010, 05:06 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002
Threadstarter

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: I'm Here! Gave Up My TP2 for A Moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzik View Post
I have a Sprint TP2 and just ordered a Moment to replace my wife's Instinct. It should be all the phone she could ever use, really. I read some negatives about the keyboard but, after trying it, I thought it was pretty good. I like the KB on my TP2 better but the Moment was a good alternative. I will be checking both forums now.
I too had doubts about the keyboard... same as I had doubts about the TP2 keyboard coming from the original TP keyboard... I've adjusted to the Moments keyboard as I did the TP2 keyboard.

One thing I do like better on the Moment's keyboard is the keys aren't raised and don't get gunk in them to prevent the button from being pressed like the space bar did for the TP2... some crumbs got wedged in there and it was hard to press the space bar, used compressed air to get it out..

Let us know what you think of your switch!
Old 02-04-2010, 02:33 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond Touch
Carrier: Sprint

mlcampbell24 is a n00b

The more I read about the Moment the more I get excited about it!!! I had told my sister that I was thinking about getting a new phone (I currently have the HTC Diamond Touch) and she quickly recommended the Moment. She told me about a few awesome things about it and since then I have been researching it. I will be going to the sprint store tomorrow because I am having alot of problems with my Diamond (getting error 2114 msg and no reception at all) if they can not fix it right away I will be upgrading to the Moment. I am so excited!!!!!
Old 02-06-2010, 04:43 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tour hybrid/ EvoRooteD

brol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to brol1k

I gave up my tp2 for the BB tour and I gotta say the tour is a serious piece of device, and the BB app world is huge but not alot of free apps, coming from a tp2 i miss the slide out and big screen especially touch screen, I have a series of question to ask u, and i need to know before my 30 days are over so I can decide if its worth giving up my tour for the moment.

1,hows the pic quality in the night time with the flashlight?
2,Hows the video recording quality?
3,Are we able to upload our recorded vids to utube?
4,Hows the facebook app?
5,does the phone feel wobbly?
6,is there tethering?
7,hows the wifi and gps chip, are they tiny and do they connect good?

Last question, is it worth it instead of a BB tour?
Sprint 4g speed:

Last edited by brol1k; 02-06-2010 at 04:48 AM.
Old 02-06-2010, 01:14 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

Quote:
Originally Posted by brol1k View Post
1,hows the pic quality in the night time with the flashlight?
2,Hows the video recording quality?
3,Are we able to upload our recorded vids to utube?
4,Hows the facebook app?
5,does the phone feel wobbly?
6,is there tethering?
7,hows the wifi and gps chip, are they tiny and do they connect good?

Last question, is it worth it instead of a BB tour?
1. I only used the camera at night once in the bedroom to see how it worked, and with the flash it was actually really good, incredibly bright flash.

2. Never recorded a video.

3. See #2.

4. Don't use facebook lol, so I am no help there either.

5. The phone felt solid to me, it did twist a little bit when closed after 3 weeks or so. Could just be my phone, although I baby all my phones.

6. Don't know, I think with a Custom Kernel it's possible but don't quote me, you would have to google search that oen if no one answers. Easily done.

7. Both connected and worked wonderfully for me. I didn't use the GPS often, but when I did it was very fast on the connect even before CL14.

Never used a BB Tour, although I hear they are pretty good phones. Kind of hard to compare the BB and Moment IMO, your gonna have to make that decision on your own.

Last edited by Carla; 02-06-2010 at 01:17 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-06-2010, 02:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker

brol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaDarla View Post
1. I only used the camera at night once in the bedroom to see how it worked, and with the flash it was actually really good, incredibly bright flash.
Never used a BB Tour, although I hear they are pretty good phones. Kind of hard to compare the BB and Moment IMO, your gonna have to make that decision on your own.
thanks for this carla im still undecided lol, i guess ill take the bait and try it out for 30 days if i dnt like it return it, hell i think ima try the pre after and keep doin it till the next big smartphone comes out lmaoo, gotta love bestbuy
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-06-2010, 06:14 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002
Threadstarter

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

my question is what were you taking a picture of in the bathroom?
Intriguing..
Old 02-06-2010, 08:43 PM

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephant007 View Post
my question is what were you taking a picture of in the bathroom?
Intriguing..
Bedroom not bathroom lol......READDDDDDD

J/K
Old 02-06-2010, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brol1k View Post
thanks for this carla im still undecided lol, i guess ill take the bait and try it out for 30 days if i dnt like it return it, hell i think ima try the pre after and keep doin it till the next big smartphone comes out lmaoo, gotta love bestbuy
Your welcome, good luck. I don't approve of the plan but to each their own
Old 02-06-2010, 11:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaDarla View Post
Your welcome, good luck. I don't approve of the plan but to each their own
yea alot dont agree with the plan but eff it, ok so news is im now owner of the samsung moment. I need some help tho, is there an app that gives me widgets to turn on/off the wifi, BT?
Old 02-06-2010, 11:19 PM

Beautiful Widgets has something for that I think

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment