PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Samsung IP-830W
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2007, 06:38 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Sonin66 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
just switch to another phone. it is a really nice phone but just isnt working well with anyone.
Old 03-23-2007, 08:01 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note-2

ycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
I've put mine up for sale on a couple of sites to see if anyone's interested......it's a month old and I have a boat load of accessories......might sell and get a 700wx......or hang onto it then sell when the 6800 comes out.
Old 03-23-2007, 11:18 AM
Lurker

wado1 is a n00b
I have done 2 hard resets and I still have gotten the same phone fatal error so I don't believe it's any software. I started from scratch and didn't install anything. Didn't put a contact or anything. Left it stock and I still got the error.
Old 03-23-2007, 11:19 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note-2

ycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
that's a shame
Old 03-24-2007, 10:18 AM
Retired Staff

yea it is a shame.
Old 03-24-2007, 11:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

goldeneyej is a n00b
i could't take it anymore, i'm no longer with Sprint, cancel my lines, transfered the numbers to Cingular, and i got a 8525 and i had 3 unlocked MDA'S in stock, all working now and i got hispeed U Edge internet on my 8525 and i love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! also i upgrated the rom to windows mobile 6 and let me tell u guys this is the one!!!!!!!!!!! i'm spending lots of money on this SH..iT but i just want peace of mind, also with GSM frequencies the units don't turn on by them selfs, when we turn the units in standby it will only turns back on when u press the power button again, unlike with CDMA frequencies once in a while they turn on by them selfs. I will lets u guys know more about it starting Monday, because from Monday and on thats when they will be tested in the real world working hard. Good weekend everyone!!!!!!!!
Old 03-25-2007, 07:05 PM
Retired Staff

congrats on your new phone and service
Old 04-04-2007, 05:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

goldeneyej is a n00b
Cingular 8525 and Cingular service: ok i love it!!!!!!!!!! no more cdma errors issues, GSM service is always 100% and i get UMTS internet access which i beleave is faster than Sprints EVDO, i already unlocked the unit and i already used it in Portugal last weekend and its perfect. I would suggest everyone with sprint service and units problems to concider cingular, so far im impressed, at least i have some peace of mind i dont have to be fixing the phones anymore and worring about cdma issues and every time i call any of my guys they r always there, wich means no phone and or service problems, that to me is a big +++

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Samsung IP-830W