PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Samsung IP-830W
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2006, 03:55 PM
X Communicated User
Pocket PC: IPHONE 4
Carrier: Sprint

pzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
No Pam For Free

Well its confirmed there is no way to get phone as modem for free on this device as of now.
Old 11-28-2006, 01:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

nitty917 is a n00b
what about pdanet?
Old 11-28-2006, 11:21 AM
X Communicated User
Threadstarter

pzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on rep
I tried usbmodem the thing is the phone has to actually be switched to modem before it will switch to the modem. if not the drivers will not load.
Old 11-29-2006, 01:09 AM
X Communicated User
Threadstarter

Welp samsung has done it this time there is no way to tether for free on ip830 ive tried usb modem and pdanet neither work and i dont think either ever will. And bluetooth dun does not seem to work either. Welp just giving everyone the heads up.....
Old 11-29-2006, 01:18 AM
Charles
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

cac9478 is keeping up the good workcac9478 is keeping up the good work
Now I am glad I kept my 6700!!!
Old 11-29-2006, 09:25 AM
X Communicated User
Threadstarter

i think it has something to do with there is a setting under the Start-settings-system-Data Connection menu where u have to set the phone to As modem through usb. when u do that it will allow for a connection but turns off activesync then when u switch it back to internal data call it allows for activesync to work again but does not allow for the phone to be used as a modem. So unless someone smarter then me can figure it out i dont see us being able to use this phone as a modem. And i dont think anyone will bother as this is now a very popular phone.
Old 01-14-2007, 01:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Eclipsi01 is just getting started
I use this i830 as a modem quite often. Not sure why you guys are having so much trouble.
Old 01-20-2007, 10:59 AM
X Communicated User
Threadstarter

ya i need to go ahead and delete this topic or have someone as im the 1 who started it and im the 1 who figured out how to use it as a modem please refer to this post for time being on how to use the phone as a modem

http://www.ppcgeeks.com/how-to-tethe...pam-t1552.html

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Samsung IP-830W