PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2011, 04:34 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Galaxy S 2!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boe View Post
Hello,

Does anyone know if this device will be locked down? I was all set to preorder an EVO 3D this week but just found out it will be locked down.

Thanks
Samsung is not locking down devices..so unless sprint particularly asks for it (which I doubt) it won't be...

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 05-25-2011, 10:37 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl
Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Samsung is not locking down devices..so unless sprint particularly asks for it (which I doubt) it won't be...
Good to know

Sent From My Rooted Evo Using Tapatalk

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

Old 05-26-2011, 08:39 PM
boe
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch

boe is keeping up the good workboe is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Thanks. Do you really think HTC locked down the 3D on their own - seems more like something the carrier would have them do. I would have to imagine HTC would know it would lose popularity and sales by locking it down so the decision would have to come from an idiot. I could be wrong but I would have to believe that sort of thinking would have to come from Sprint.

I guess we'll know more when ATT Sprint and Verizon have the Galaxy SII.

Last edited by boe; 05-26-2011 at 08:43 PM.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:29 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Threadstarter

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Thanks. Do you really think HTC locked down the 3D on their own - seems more like something the carrier would have them do. I would have to imagine HTC would know it would lose popularity and sales by locking it down so the decision would have to come from an idiot. I could be wrong but I would have to believe that sort of thinking would have to come from Sprint.

I guess we'll know more when ATT Sprint and Verizon have the Galaxy SII.
Sprint on FB said that it was HTC's decision to lock down the phones...And the Incredible S which is international and not bound to any carrier was locked...HTC has been one upping their locks every release..

IF I were to guess HTC is making a gamble..they are sacrificing the developing community to try to get more friendly with content holders...In the end HTC has no chance against Samsung or LG..simply because those companies produce their own components..so if both companies were to build the same phone Samsung/LG would either be cheaper, or makes them more profit.

In that kind of market HTC would make very little profit (similar to the PC market)..so they are trying to probably distinguish themselves.
Old 05-26-2011, 11:19 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
No more locked bootloaders for HTC!!!

Tapa tapa tapa
Old 05-27-2011, 01:00 AM
boe
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Sprint on FB said that it was HTC's decision to lock down the phones...And the Incredible S which is international and not bound to any carrier was locked...HTC has been one upping their locks every release..

IF I were to guess HTC is making a gamble..they are sacrificing the developing community to try to get more friendly with content holders...In the end HTC has no chance against Samsung or LG..simply because those companies produce their own components..so if both companies were to build the same phone Samsung/LG would either be cheaper, or makes them more profit.

In that kind of market HTC would make very little profit (similar to the PC market)..so they are trying to probably distinguish themselves.
Thanks for the info!
Old 05-27-2011, 01:01 AM
boe
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
No more locked bootloaders for HTC!!!

Tapa tapa tapa
Yeah unfortunately I haven't seen anything definitive on them reversing their decision on the 3D but it is certainly good news for future HTC devices.
Old 05-27-2011, 02:31 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl
Quote:
Yeah unfortunately I haven't seen anything definitive on them reversing their decision on the 3D but it is certainly good news for future HTC devices.
Someone posted a e-mail from the CEO saying it does cover the Evo 3D

Sent From My Rooted Evo Using Tapatalk
Old 06-12-2011, 12:16 PM
boe
Almost a VIP

I'd like to know if the Verizon version will have LTE.
Old 06-12-2011, 03:24 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlE View Post
Someone posted a e-mail from the CEO saying it does cover the Evo 3D
From what people are saying the Evo3d will be unlocked at a later time, but initially it will be locked as there is not enough time to unlock them before release...they have not committed on a date yet though..

Quote:
I'd like to know if the Verizon version will have LTE.
Considering the Droid charge had LTE, I don't see why the SGS2 one won't..

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series