PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2010, 07:59 AM
nous défions
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S III
Carrier: Sprint

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sync phone to PC Problems

What they are telling you to do is grab the status bar and drag it down. If you touch that little line at the top that shows things like your volume, your cell signal, battery level, etc and hold it the grey bar with the lines on it pops up - you said you have seen that. Well, when that happens simply drag your finger down to the bottom of the screen and you will pull the window open.

Here is a quick video I made demonstrating how to do it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElZUDR57joU

Last edited by Johnny.Bravo; 09-04-2010 at 08:22 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-04-2010, 11:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Threadstarter

yahknow1 is just getting started

OH! I get it!

Ok, I feel really stupid about that one, thanks for showing me that though ks. Hopefully the remaining problem is the same kind of forhead slapping fix as this!

Paul
Old 09-04-2010, 02:03 PM
nous défions
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S III

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

No worries. I had the same problem with my first Android phone and I had to look through here to find the answer too. That's why we're here, to help each other out!
Old 09-04-2010, 05:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Social

blawkhawk1w is a n00b

I've had a similar problem where my computer (x64 win7) wouldn't recognize my phone. Turns out it was the phone the entire time. Cycled the power on the Epic and now it works fine.
Old 09-04-2010, 06:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I'm not sure what is actually going on? I cycled the phones power a couple times(I thought?)and tried a couple different things and it would only connect occasionally for me.

Now I hesitate to say anything for fear it might go south on me again, but it does seem to be working well now? I've plugged the device in three times and all three times it worked.

The only thing I did was through teck support, they had me check, then uncheck the Debugging feature. the same thing mentioned a few posts back. I HAD tried that aleady though, so I give? I'll come back and notify if it stops working again for anyone who stumbles onto this thread with the same problem.

Thanks blawkhawk and everyone else!

Paul
Old 09-04-2010, 10:40 PM
Wolf dog master, Chef
Pocket PC: Vogue,Diamond,TP2,Epic

Timberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation level

Do not use the front USB ports on your PC or use a USB HUB, Keyboard, Monitor USB Connections. Connect direct to USB on the back of PC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahknow1 View Post
I'm not sure what is actually going on? I cycled the phones power a couple times(I thought?)and tried a couple different things and it would only connect occasionally for me.

Now I hesitate to say anything for fear it might go south on me again, but it does seem to be working well now? I've plugged the device in three times and all three times it worked.

The only thing I did was through teck support, they had me check, then uncheck the Debugging feature. the same thing mentioned a few posts back. I HAD tried that aleady though, so I give? I'll come back and notify if it stops working again for anyone who stumbles onto this thread with the same problem.

Thanks blawkhawk and everyone else!

Paul
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-05-2010, 01:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Noted and thanks for the information!

Paul