PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development > ROM/Kitchen Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2009, 08:29 PM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx
Re: Need help creating kitchen for tp2 roms...

I would leave the wince.nls in the oem, it will not work in EXT and it just adds unnecessary space to the xip.
Old 11-06-2009, 08:45 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Juggs is in the MOMENT
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community

epic fail!!! The only "stock" sprint rom is the 21052 and that is 6.1...i did all the ripping of that i could but want to make a 6.5 kitchen. seems nothing i try works out for me. i dont know if its sheer stupidity on my part or things just arent supposed to be...here are the steps i took...extracted the topaz sys...left that alone...removed the oem stuffs and replaced with the oems from 21052 thinking that would work for me as they're both the same resolution. wouldnt boot...tried again using the ext from jmz kitchen just for ****sngigs...wouldnt go passed the htc touch pro 2 screen...not even the red lettering...would just shut the device down. flashed back to my old standard and here i am...

Old 11-06-2009, 08:50 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid @ 1.1GHz
Carrier: VZW

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to raidzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by indagroove View Post
Why would you need to add it each time you have a new sys? If it's in your oemxipkernel, then it is just copied over when you have a new build.
well it also helps when changing kernels, - actually I guess it doesnt...I just like to have the things that are easily forgotten and required in OEM... I too like to keep the kernel as trim as possible. not sure if it really matters, but I also change my romhdr.bin to give ~61 mb of free memory in the memory map instead of ~48. again not sure if it helps but it's what I do..

Last edited by raidzero; 11-06-2009 at 09:22 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-06-2009, 08:52 PM
N00b

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yay 4 Juggs View Post
epic fail!!! The only "stock" sprint rom is the 21052 and that is 6.1...i did all the ripping of that i could but want to make a 6.5 kitchen. seems nothing i try works out for me. i dont know if its sheer stupidity on my part or things just arent supposed to be...here are the steps i took...extracted the topaz sys...left that alone...removed the oem stuffs and replaced with the oems from 21052 thinking that would work for me as they're both the same resolution. wouldnt boot...tried again using the ext from jmz kitchen just for ****sngigs...wouldnt go passed the htc touch pro 2 screen...not even the red lettering...would just shut the device down. flashed back to my old standard and here i am...
try with a virgin sys from da_g?
Old 11-06-2009, 08:54 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidzero View Post
try with a virgin sys from da_g?
have a link?

i am on msn if you can help
msn id is djfreake@gmai.com
Old 11-06-2009, 09:00 PM
N00b

Quote:
have a link?

i am on msn if you can help
msn id is djfreake@gmai.com

I am raid.zero@hotmail.com

I can try to help..

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=544445

is where I get my new builds... pretty sure thats where everyone gets em
Old 11-06-2009, 09:03 PM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

Quote:
My whole 6.5 kitchen is based off the stock verizon 6.1 rom. Everything is working fine. Just start replacing the EXT packages. I would be careful what you replace, and i would also start off by just adding your reg tweaks. When you get that down, then start replacing ext's. I usually replace 5 at a time so if something doesnt work its easier to narrow it down.
Old 11-06-2009, 09:07 PM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeandestroyx View Post
I usually replace 5 at a time so if something doesnt work its easier to narrow it down.
the man speaketh the truth!

Last edited by raidzero; 11-06-2009 at 09:15 PM.
Old 11-07-2009, 12:44 AM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

ok got it up and running...built rom...only 1 issue...when i tap on "all settings" it takes me to the connections page inside settings where i can select add modem...manage existing connection...etc...how can i fix that?
Old 11-07-2009, 02:36 AM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

ugh!! still cant figure this all settings thing out!!!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development > ROM/Kitchen Development