PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   ROM/Kitchen Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   I'm having a really big problem with my HTC Touch... It comes up with "No Radio..." (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=71643)

McFester 06-14-2009 06:17 PM

I'm having a really big problem with my HTC Touch... It comes up with "No Radio..."

I didn't add anything new to it or anything, it just decided to start not turning on. Before you say anything, I did some researching and just could not find anything to fix my problem...
It starts up with the screen that says, "HTC Smart Mobility," and then a few seconds later, the little info message thing at the bottom comes up. I don't remember what it normally says, but now it's saying:
"M03 No Radio
B 01 D 1.12"
:disgust:
I have tried holding the camera button while rebooting and it worked once, but now the menu won't come up again. I suppose I could keep trying if that's what it takes. I've just been taking out the battery to turn it off and then putting it back and trying again. Nothing it working, and nothing is different. I am very dependent on my phone and probably have a million text messages, so you would be my hero if you could help. Thank you so so much!

PS: I don't know anything really, about these things, so telling me to "flash" this, and get that-- I really don't understand any of this. Sorry... =\

purian23 06-14-2009 06:24 PM

Re: I'm having a really big problem with my HTC Touch... It comes up with "No Radio..

Quote:

Originally Posted by McFester (Post 974881)
I didn't add anything new to it or anything, it just decided to start not turning on. Before you say anything, I did some researching and just could not find anything to fix my problem...
It starts up with the screen that says, "HTC Smart Mobility," and then a few seconds later, the little info message thing at the bottom comes up. I don't remember what it normally says, but now it's saying:
"M03 No Radio
B 01 D 1.12"
:disgust:
I have tried holding the camera button while rebooting and it worked once, but now the menu won't come up again. I suppose I could keep trying if that's what it takes. I've just been taking out the battery to turn it off and then putting it back and trying again. Nothing it working, and nothing is different. I am very dependent on my phone and probably have a million text messages, so you would be my hero if you could help. Thank you so so much!

PS: I don't know anything really, about these things, so telling me to "flash" this, and get that-- I really don't understand any of this. Sorry... =\

Have you tried installing a new radio?http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ghlight=radios

horndoctor 06-14-2009 06:26 PM

Re: I'm having a really big problem with my HTC Touch... It comes up with "No Radio..

I would back up anything you want to save to your storge card and do a hard reset. If you don't know how to do that check the help file in your phone, your manual, or check back here. I think you just hold down the call and end buttons while you stick the stylus in the hole.

McFester 06-14-2009 06:27 PM

Which one do I install? There are several links where you sent me...
=P Sorry, I'm not good with this.:(

----

Oh, and those are for HTC Touch Pro... I only have a regular HTC Touch.

McFester 06-14-2009 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horndoctor (Post 974894)
I would back up anything you want to save to your storge card and do a hard reset. If you don't know how to do that check the help file in your phone, your manual, or check back here. I think you just hold down the call and end buttons while you stick the stylus in the hole.

Oh, well, I can't turn it on to back anything up. But I have looked and there isn't a reset button anywhere... Thank you very much for your help, though....

purian23 06-14-2009 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McFester (Post 974897)
Which one do I install? There are several links where you sent me...
=P Sorry, I'm not good with this.:(

----

Oh, and those are for HTC Touch Pro... I only have a regular HTC Touch.

Hmm not sure if your just on touch, but I have a touch pro from Sprint, and Im on the 1.11 radio is works good for me. I'd try putting that one on there, dont worry anything wrong with your phone someone on here can fix it. Or at the worst, insurance claim.

gutrrob 06-14-2009 06:48 PM

Make sure your phone isnt in airplane mode or the phone radio isnt turned off, before anything else

McFester 06-14-2009 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purian23 (Post 974925)
Hmm not sure if your just on touch, but I have a touch pro from Sprint, and Im on the 1.11 radio is works good for me. I'd try putting that one on there, dont worry anything wrong with your phone someone on here can fix it. Or at the worst, insurance claim.

Okay, I'll go try.. Is a radio going to even install if my phone isn't on??

McFester 06-14-2009 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purian23 (Post 974925)

Uhh, okay, it's a weird file extension, so I saved the file, and it says Windows can't open it... Am I supposed to just save the file on my phone and leave it like that, orr...?

purian23 06-14-2009 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McFester (Post 974945)
Uhh, okay, it's a weird file extension, so I saved the file, and it says Windows can't open it... Am I supposed to just save the file on my phone and leave it like that, orr...?

Download to your computer, open where the file is and right click and extract the file... then connect your phone with the cord.. click on Rom Update Utility, it'll walk you through it, or go back to the radio's page, there should be detailed instructions..!!