PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development > ROM/Kitchen Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2007, 03:10 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2! Touch Pro, Touch, Mogul, 6700
Carrier: Sprint

ImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerotrace992
Well I guess it was alittle late.. But i posted the fixed bootscrren in the other thread... and now i will here i guess.. If you guys want to you use it you can ..
My opinion on the splash screen (for what it's worth) is that we have one that says something to the effect of:

From Helmi's kitchens and the work of the chefs at ppcgeeks.com.

I for one do not feel the need to be mentioned in the splash. I think it's better to have it clean this way. Helmi and the whole group of ppcgeeks need to be mentioned. This way we don't have ego trips and i can think that some of the other people who helped with testing etc. are recognized as well. Anyone who is interested can find out who worked on it. It could even be in a txt file in the ppcgeeks oem or something maybe.
Old 02-24-2007, 03:47 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Fixed WModem link attached

Rename to remove .zip, it's not really zipped

Contents of link:
24#"\Windows\WModem.exe
Attached Files
File Type: zip wireless_modemlnk_504.zip (24 Bytes, 19 views) Click for barcode!
Old 02-24-2007, 04:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Alwaysbelieve1 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Alwaysbelieve1 Send a message via Yahoo to Alwaysbelieve1
I cannot build a rom from this kitchen. It continues to give me an Unhandled Error and will ask me to continue or quit- either way it fails.

What do I need to do?
Old 02-24-2007, 04:40 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2! Touch Pro, Touch, Mogul, 6700
Carrier: Sprint

ImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
what you need to do is look at the log to see what the error is and then fix the cause. Is this the createOS program? If you get the log you can post the last few lines it should say what the issue is.
Old 02-24-2007, 04:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Alwaysbelieve1 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Alwaysbelieve1 Send a message via Yahoo to Alwaysbelieve1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImCoKeMaN
what you need to do is look at the log to see what the error is and then fix the cause. Is this the createOS program? If you get the log you can post the last few lines it should say what the issue is.
It is windows giving me the error- NOT the typical CreateOS giving me the error as it does when, let's say, an rgu is not setup right.
Old 02-24-2007, 04:47 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Alwaysbelieve1 is a n00b
This is the error that I am getting:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at CreateOS.Form1.CreateDsm(DirectoryInfo package)
at CreateOS.Form1.button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventAr gs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.O nMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.W ndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
CodeBase: file:///G:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
CreateOS
Assembly Version: 1.0.2371.28156
Win32 Version:
CodeBase: file:///G:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Bob/Desktop/TEST%20ROM/CreateOS.exe
msvcm80
Assembly Version: 8.0.50608.0
Win32 Version: 8.00.50727.42
CodeBase: file:///G:/WINDOWS/WinSxS/x86_Microsoft.VC80.CRT_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727. 42_x-ww_0de06acd/msvcm80.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///G:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///G:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///G:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

It's just this rom because I used CreateOS to build another right now and it worked fine.
Old 02-24-2007, 04:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

sfaure03 is a n00b
yes on the boot screen.. I will reset and reload with the modded rom... on the names etc its my opimion its not needed, and didn't want my name on it.

for me I was plain sick o telecom and wanted to plug helmi xda and ppc. its up to everyone elce but those three I vovte sb recognized

anyway ill check back and considerany other consensus adaptations then. I take it that overall its werking

enjoy
Old 02-24-2007, 04:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

sfaure03 is a n00b
always you have an err in an oem.... reextract to the release and add yours one at a time
Old 02-24-2007, 04:58 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Alwaysbelieve1 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfaure03
always you have an err in an oem.... reextract to the release and add yours one at a time
I was just doing that actually as you posted. I put all the same oems in another rom and built it. It worked. What else can it be?
Old 02-24-2007, 05:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

sfaure03 is a n00b
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development > ROM/Kitchen Development