PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software > Pocket PC Games
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2009, 12:33 PM
Google-Search&Rescue Div.
Pocket PC: MoPho CM9/ MotoACTV / GTab 10.1(I/O LE)
Carrier: PPCGeeks/XDA

MoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to MoonZ*BabysH Send a message via Skype™ to MoonZ*BabysH
Re: Return to Zork on the Pro

Heres a possibility for the ZORK game i havent tried it but the link seems to have all the info

http://www.justadventure.com/article...bleGaming.shtm

You Myst fans are in luck

http://www.mobiletechreview.com/games/myst.htm

The most popular Myst-like adventure game for the PPC is Fade available for all 3 PPC processors at Handango and here:http://www.ppc4all.com/appdetail.php?id=628

I have not tried them just found them for you so i dont know if theyll work, if they do plz post your findings. Good luck and i hope they work.

Last edited by MoonZ*BabysH; 03-17-2009 at 12:46 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-17-2009, 02:59 PM
The Inspector Mod
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

gadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the community

I would love to get the old ECA, dos version of Seven Cites of Gold and the old SSI Gold Box editions of Pool of Radiance, Secrets of the Silver Blades, etc...

WM 6.5 Taskbars | GadgetROM for Touch Diamond

Donations are always strictly voluntary and completely appreciated. Thank you!
Old 03-17-2009, 04:53 PM
Google-Search&Rescue Div.
Pocket PC: MoPho CM9/ MotoACTV / GTab 10.1(I/O LE)
Carrier: PPCGeeks/XDA

MoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to MoonZ*BabysH Send a message via Skype™ to MoonZ*BabysH

Hey GadgetFreak heres Pocket DOS for ya, itll allow you to play DOS applications and games. i havent tried it out but let us know if you get it to work. im still looking for games link for this so gimme a little time.

Q: What is PocketDOS?
A: PocketDOS is a powerful virtual PC software environment for your pocket computer that allows you to run a DOS operating system and have instant access to many DOS applications* on your pocket computer, whilst simultaneously allowing the use of the pocket computer's native applications. PocketDOS also allows DOS applications to access serial ports, built-in modems, infrared ports, bluetooth devices, removable storage disks, touchscreens and shared network resources, and allows file sharing between the pocket computer's native applications and DOS applications.
(* Intel 8086/80186/80286 (real-mode only) compatible using CGA,EGA,VGA, HP-LX or text display modes)

Q: What is new in this version?
A: This version:
- Adds PS/2 mouse emulation
- Adds mouse support for SmartPhone devices
- Improved support for SmartPhone devices
- Corrects CPU bugs in BCD instructions
- Corrects bug in restore from hibernation that caused hard disks not to be remounted
- Minor bug fixes and improvements

Q: Which devices are compatible with PocketDOS?
A: All Handheld PCs, Palm-sized PCs, Pocket PCs or SmartPhones with Windows CE, Windows CE.NET or Windows Mobile and Hitachi SH3, Hitachi SH4, MIPS or ARM (StrongARM, XScale) compatible processors. All Casio PocketManagers with Windows CE and MIPS-compatible processors.

Q: Where can I download a demo copy?
A: http://www.pocketdos.com

Registered PocketDOS users can upgrade (for free) to the latest version of PocketDOS.

Any queries should be addressed to the PocketDOS support forum in the "Support" section of the PocketDOS website.

***Again these are not my instructions just what i have found in my searching so please dont flame me if it doesnt work for you.***

Installing and running DOS games has always been somewhat tricky (even on "real" PCs). Here are some tips to get the best performance out of games under PocketDOS (v1.11.0 or later):

First try to get the game running:
=======================
- Set XMS to 1-3Mb
- Set EMS to 3Mb
- Set Display to VGA
- Set CPU to 80286 (with SETCPU 286 from the command-line or a batch file).

If the game hangs or uses a CGA (ugly) screen mode:
=======================================
- Enable/disable the "Enable EGA BIOS detection" option from the "Settings->Display->Advanced" menu item in PocketDOS (or with SETSCRN EGABIOS ON from the command-line or in a batch file).
- Enable/disable the "Simulate display retrace" option from the "Settings->Display->Advanced" menu item in PocketDOS.
- Set CPU to 80186 (with SETCPU 186 from the command-line or a batch file).
- Disable EMS (set to 0Mb)
- Install the game onto a hard disk image or use "Physical disk" redirection (in conjunction with the "PocketDOS DOS File System Driver")
- Try another version of DOS

To improve performance (with Settings->Display):
====================================
- Rotate/zoom the display so that the entire game screen can fit onto the device screen (but not with slow/ugly full-screen stretch mode)
- Enable "Write directly to display" (Direct Screen Access)
- Set "Refresh Rate" to furthest "+" position
- Experiment with "Write Mode" ("Write-through" in conjunction with "Direct Screen Access" can give very good performance results on recent devices).

Have fun!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-17-2009, 05:16 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint PCS

psiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgetfreak View Post
I would love to get the old ECA, dos version of Seven Cites of Gold and the old SSI Gold Box editions of Pool of Radiance, Secrets of the Silver Blades, etc...
I remember playing 7 cites of gold on my Atari 800... Great game at the time...
Old 03-17-2009, 05:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

fsp48 is keeping up the good workfsp48 is keeping up the good work

Hell yea, Zork 1 2 3 and Cutthroats on the C-64...those were the days. I think I put 8th grade on the back burner playing those text adventures. We made some pretty cool geeky parchment maps that are framed somewhere in storage at this point.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:07 AM
The Inspector Mod
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

gadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonzbabysh View Post
Hey GadgetFreak heres Pocket DOS for ya, itll allow you to play DOS applications and games. i havent tried it out but let us know if you get it to work. im still looking for games link for this so gimme a little time.
Thanks! I'll look into that!
Old 03-18-2009, 10:01 AM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995
Threadstarter

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

awesome gonna have to fine the cd now...lol or the download anyone got a link?

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 03-26-2009, 05:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Lord Delmar is keeping up the good workLord Delmar is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLawicki View Post
you know when that game came out computers were running at like 200mhz and had 64mb of ram....

Actually, I played Zork LONG before we hit the 66Mhz mark. Played it on a Commodore 64 (128 as well). I remember those games with alot of fondness...

Now that I've pretty much given my age and made myself feel old, I'm going to go. LOL
Old 03-27-2009, 12:06 AM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995
Threadstarter

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Delmar View Post
Actually, I played Zork LONG before we hit the 66Mhz mark. Played it on a Commodore 64 (128 as well). I remember those games with alot of fondness...

Now that I've pretty much given my age and made myself feel old, I'm going to go. LOL

Now if I could only find a way to play it on my pro we would be getting somewhere
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software > Pocket PC Games