PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2010, 06:44 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Re: epic now #1 phone + New Epic 4g Commercials

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
your such a hater, i liked the evo a little but its just a tp2 thats big and only runs android. epic roms are popping up more and more and kernals are all over plus 2.2 is coming so thats a plus but i do agree about tw and thats why roms give you options for launcher pro ect. stop hating iphony fan.
What are you talking about?? How is the Evo anything like a TP2? The Epic is more like a TP2 cuz they both have a hardware keyboard. News flash, the Epic "only runs android" too.

I am not hating I told you it's a badass phone, but just not as modifiable and not as many options as the Evo. What does an iPhone have to do with anything?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
First of all..the review by pc world is based on STOCK..and STOCK Epic > Evo.

As for customization..if Evo is so customizable..you should be able to get a rom that does 1.3ghz using same voltage..right? nope you can't..so sure EVO can make give you the same thing in 50 different ways..but on Epic you get 1-2 ways but with actual improvements.

Aka EVO is reaching a limit to its development capabilities while Epic still has a bunch of customizations and possibilities ahead...like say 1.6ghz *drool*

No one is going to overclock an Epic to 1.6ghz man, you're looney tunes!

Say what you will but the ability to Run Sense with all its glory with Desire HD/Z awesomeness and the HTC Hub is awesome, and I have not seen any Epic kernels running 1.3ghz with 925mv or 1050mv or 1000mv or anything like that either, although I am running a nice 1.2ghz 925mv kernel on my HD2.

I say again, I do like the Epic, but people in this thread making any inference that the Epic is for the elite developer and the Evo is for the regular Joe is just backwards.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:49 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Also, moved to phone comparison
Old 10-12-2010, 06:55 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
No one is going to overclock an Epic to 1.6ghz man, you're looney tunes!
Why not?

Quote:
Say what you will but the ability to Run Sense with all its glory with Desire HD/Z awesomeness and the HTC Hub is awesome, and I have not seen any Epic kernels running 1.3ghz with 925mv or 1050mv or 1000mv or anything like that either, although I am running a nice 1.2ghz 925mv kernel on my HD2.
Thats where the part where EVO has been out longer comes in...and in time someone will probably run Desire Z/HD roms and sense if there is a demand for it..for now I'm pretty sure many are happy with getting CyanoganMod 6.1.

Quote:
I say again, I do like the Epic, but people in this thread making any inference that the Epic is for the elite developer and the Evo is for the regular Joe is just backwards.
Who said EVO is for regular Joe...the only thing that was said was Sprint MARKETED the Evo to the regular joe while Epic got 0 advertisements other then people who knew about it...this topic has nothign to do with the abilities of the phone, its more to do with "Advertising" and "Marketing" of the phones.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-12-2010, 10:13 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Re: epic now #1 phone according to PC World

Ok guys here is what I'm gonna do...

PC World #1 discussion will be in Comparison Section:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?p=1963240

and the 4g commercials will be in the Galaxy S section:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/samsung-ga...ercials-1.html
Old 10-13-2010, 09:57 AM
X Communicated User
Pocket PC: IPHONE 4

pzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

EVO FTW. 4.3 and kickstand i will take any day over a 4.0 and click clacky stiffy KB.
Old 10-13-2010, 10:12 AM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzztgotbagz View Post
EVO FTW. 4.3 and kickstand i will take any day over a 4.0 and click clacky stiffy KB.
Jealous as always I see..>.> lol
Old 10-13-2010, 09:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

jimmy82 is a n00b

Just pick the phone that suits your needs. Plain and simple.
Old 10-14-2010, 02:05 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint
Threadstarter

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzztgotbagz View Post
wheres that "delete user" button....
Old 10-15-2010, 12:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul PPC-6800
Carrier: sprint

pkny is keeping up the good workpkny is keeping up the good work

After a week of hard debating i finally got the epic. I would of also been happy if i got the evo.

But you guys do not know how long i have waited until my fellow sprint brothers would argue with another about how good their phones are. Sprint finally has some great phones. Verizon has a better selection but finally two phones to choose from!!

This shows
1) I picked the right phone
2) I couldn't of picked the wrong phone
3) we are not comparing these phones to the iPhone anymore. We are not wishing what our phones can do. Which means these phones are fast, powerful and easy enough to use for the masses.
Old 10-15-2010, 12:29 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint
Threadstarter

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkny View Post
After a week of hard debating i finally got the epic. I would of also been happy if i got the evo.

But you guys do not know how long i have waited until my fellow sprint brothers would argue with another about how good their phones are. Sprint finally has some great phones. Verizon has a better selection but finally two phones to choose from!!

This shows
1) I picked the right phone
2) I couldn't of picked the wrong phone
3) we are not comparing these phones to the iPhone anymore. We are not wishing what our phones can do. Which means these phones are fast, powerful and easy enough to use for the masses.
thanx from me on this post.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison