PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2010, 09:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: verizon

microdot is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to microdot
droid x upgrade

Just wondering how many of you out there with Verizon Tp2 are considering upgrading the the new droid x. It comes out July 15th and the only reason it sounds very appealing to me is the fact that Verizon is letting you upgrade immediatly even if you are not elligable for an upgrade untill later in the year. (which is my case exactly since i an up for an upgrade on 12/17/10) Not often that you get a break like that and it does look like a powerful device. I know it runds android and a lot of you dont like that but i am actually curious to give it a try. I will loose the hard keyboard which is the reason i moved from an omnia to a tp2 but the screen is so big that i am wondering if txting may not be that bad. Plus i will gain a 8 megapixel camera with FLASH which has been one of my big dissapointment with the tp2. (camera absolutly sucks). So...just wondering if I am alone in the wanting to jump on the droid x
Old 06-24-2010, 09:49 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik
Re: droid x upgrade

It still resets your upgrade date though I'm pretty sure...

And IDK... I'd be afraid it'll end up like the EVO did on Sprint. There's like a million threadsa day about things going wrong on their EVOs... Day #1 of EVO launch andthey has SOD (which was ppl's #1 justification for switching and giving up SERO).

I've got upgrades for both my lines in Nov/Dec, but I'm saving them for WP7 (FTW!!!)

That 8MP cam does sound pretty appealing tho...
Old 06-24-2010, 09:52 PM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

to improve your camera, take off the plastic lens cover that is in the battery cover. Really helps more light get in and images are clearer.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-24-2010, 10:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

well, not a 100% sure but i think the big down fall with the evo is the "4G network" that is so spotty that it might as well not exist. The droid will run on Verizon's old reliable 3G. I am also just sick of wm lack of apps. Marketplace has been up for more than a year and it like 500 (exadurating) but still. I know you got all the cabs all the cabs and i dont want to start that argument or debate, just stating my reason for considering the switch. Who know when wm7 will come out and if it will even live up to the hype. If its that great ill just pay outright for a phone which is what i did with my tp2
Old 06-24-2010, 10:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 View Post
to improve your camera, take off the plastic lens cover that is in the battery cover. Really helps more light get in and images are clearer.
sweet, will def give that a try
Old 06-24-2010, 10:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid X & HTC Touch Pro II
Carrier: Verizon!

Mr_Alexander is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMr_Alexander is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMr_Alexander is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMr_Alexander is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I have no desire what so ever in trading my TP2 for any DROID. I'm perfectly happy with the features I get out of it, as I have it set up just the way I want it.

Anyway my upgrade date isn't until Sept 2011 & I'm just gonna hold out until WP7 (and possibly LTE) comes out. The more I see of WP7 the more I can't wait to try it out.

Look before you Leap. SEARCH before you Speak.
Old 06-24-2010, 10:05 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

Quote:
Originally Posted by microdot View Post
well, not a 100% sure but i think the big down fall with the evo is the "4G network" that is so spotty that it might as well not exist. The droid will run on Verizon's old reliable 3G. I am also just sick of wm lack of apps. Marketplace has been up for more than a year and it like 500 (exadurating) but still. I know you got all the cabs all the cabs and i dont want to start that argument or debate, just stating my reason for considering the switch. Who know when wm7 will come out and if it will even live up to the hype. If its that great ill just pay outright for a phone which is what i did with my tp2
The deal with the WM MArketplace, is that devs don't want to spend their time, effort, and money on something that is on its way out. All the devs are ramping up for the WP7 launch. I wouldn't be surprised if there's just as many or more WP7 apps in the market place at launch as there are in the WM6 marketplace.
Old 06-24-2010, 10:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

ckeegan is keeping up the good workckeegan is keeping up the good work

Just so we're clear, I don't know if you'll be able to upgrade on release day, unless you did a 1 year on your TP2. I believe they said they would allow early upgrade for those whose "contract ends anytime in 2010".

I purchased my TP2 on telesales release day, and my 2-year contract doesn't end until September 2011, eligible for NE2 May 2011, and qualify for the Annual Upgrade through My Verizon in September 2010.

Maybe I read it wrong, but wanted to throw that out there.
Old 06-24-2010, 10:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeegan View Post
Just so we're clear, I don't know if you'll be able to upgrade on release day, unless you did a 1 year on your TP2. I believe they said they would allow early upgrade for those whose "contract ends anytime in 2010".

I purchased my TP2 on telesales release day, and my 2-year contract doesn't end until September 2011, eligible for NE2 May 2011, and qualify for the Annual Upgrade through My Verizon in September 2010.

Maybe I read it wrong, but wanted to throw that out there.
You are right, your contract has to end in 2010, but mine does because i bought the tp2 at retail price without a contract for $535. I started my contract way back when i got the omnia
Old 06-25-2010, 01:59 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tbolt - Bamf Remix 1.6 Oc'ed 1.3,DX - Apex 1.4

Padron26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPadron26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPadron26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPadron26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

here we go again, another do you wanna switch os

the only way, I would ever switch or ad a droid is if i could tether without paying the $20 additional fee.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison