PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 750v
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2007, 02:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

TheTouch is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Treo 800p or Treo 800wx??

Anyone heard of the new Treo 800p.. or Treo 800W???
Is this phone for real? and is it true that Sprint might be releasing it right after the holidays season!
This is not the new Centro or Gundiff. It is suppose to be top-notch Palm phone that will compete with many high end phones with other carriers: EV-DO capability, 128MB RAM, WiFi “option”, SD expansion, Bluetooth 2.0, enhanced 320 x 320 display, 3.2 megapixel camera, external antenna, and is both slimmer & slightly smaller than the current 650 yet still supports the same ol’ accessories!!
I've googled it many times but I'm yet to hear any solid confirmation!!
Old 01-03-2008, 05:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: not
Carrier: sPriNt

codyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to codyppc
there calling it a 800w. the most info is here on treocentral ... http://discussion.treocentral.com/fo...play.php?f=199

they (the users) doubt they will see a 800p. the next year (200 predictions can be found here .... http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/1468-1.htm

if it has what they says it will have..... i'll be getting one the opening day. loved my treo 700wx
Old 01-07-2008, 07:10 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone4
Carrier: AT&T

Certs is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
It seems like Palm considers the Centro to be the "sister phone" to the 800w, or they've just stopped the whole brother-sister phones for each OS
Old 01-12-2008, 02:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

monkey is keeping up the good workmonkey is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTouch View Post
Anyone heard of the new Treo 800p.. or Treo 800W???
Is this phone for real? and is it true that Sprint might be releasing it right after the holidays season!
This is not the new Centro or Gundiff. It is suppose to be top-notch Palm phone that will compete with many high end phones with other carriers: EV-DO capability, 128MB RAM, WiFi “option”, SD expansion, Bluetooth 2.0, enhanced 320 x 320 display, 3.2 megapixel camera, external antenna, and is both slimmer & slightly smaller than the current 650 yet still supports the same ol’ accessories!!
I've googled it many times but I'm yet to hear any solid confirmation!!
About the WIFI option, Palm just layoff 10% of their employees, and the WIFI department was included....

will HTC still be producing Wi-Mo Treos?
Old 02-01-2008, 07:04 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey View Post
About the WIFI option, Palm just layoff 10% of their employees, and the WIFI department was included....

will HTC still be producing Wi-Mo Treos?
I know this is old, but...

Palm reportedly (important word) replaced or laid of it's Wifi team back in May/June 2007.

That is separate from the new layoffs which have to do with the company re-focusing on specific projects.

The 800w has
  • Wifi
  • GPS
  • 320x320
  • RevA
  • microSD
Quote:
Originally Posted by patmannyc View Post
It seems like Palm considers the Centro to be the "sister phone" to the 800w, or they've just stopped the whole brother-sister phones for each OS
Centro is definitely not the sister phone to the 800w, hence why one is a Centro and not a Treo. The Centro is part of their new line of low-cost smartphones. Treos are still "ultra tier".

Last edited by Malatesta; 02-01-2008 at 07:06 PM.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx
Carrier: Verizon Wireless (VZW)

Mr_Gmain is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Mr_Gmain Send a message via MSN to Mr_Gmain Send a message via Yahoo to Mr_Gmain
Yeah I here its supposed to be real good I can't wait till we get's it supposedly VZW are supposed to get it in April after Sprint of course I love my 700wx I was thinking of getting the XV6800 but I think I will wait for the 800w.

Last edited by Mr_Gmain; 02-05-2008 at 10:44 PM.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

i personally can't wait for a new treo device with WinMo in it. my mogul has been the biggest dissapointment i have ever bought!
Old 02-28-2008, 01:06 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx/Mogul/TouchPro/TouchPro2/EVO rooted

itsall_cooool is keeping up the good workitsall_cooool is keeping up the good work
Re: Treo 800p or Treo 800wx??

I wil switch in a heartbeat if i see a Treo with these features
The 800w has
  • Wifi
  • GPS
  • 320x320
  • RevA
  • microSD
I heard 128 MB Ram too... and the Treo line has always had better memory management anyway. That would be like 3x the Ram compared to the Mogul showing 45MB at fresh hard reset.
Old 02-28-2008, 04:57 AM
VIP Droid
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 3D

Genjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuff
Send a message via Skype™ to Genjinaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsall_cooool View Post
I wil switch in a heartbeat if i see a Treo with these features
The 800w has
  • Wifi
  • GPS
  • 320x320
  • RevA
  • microSD
I heard 128 MB Ram too... and the Treo line has always had better memory management anyway. That would be like 3x the Ram compared to the Mogul showing 45MB at fresh hard reset.
Gimme that with an ex-battery 'n case & I'm sold.
Old 02-28-2008, 11:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genjinaro View Post
Gimme that with an ex-battery 'n case & I'm sold.
and keep it under $600.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 750v