PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2009, 01:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Treo 700wx

catera59 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Treo 700wx

I have tried to download software and nothing seems to work. I have Windows mobile 5 and it keeps on telling me that I need to upgrade the net framework? Would mobile 6 or 6.1 be better to run on my Treo 700wx? Please help.
Old 02-05-2009, 02:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop
Re: Treo 700wx

Didn't you flash a 6/6.1 ROM recently? http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=55769. WM6 & 6.1 both have .net CF built in. WM5 needs it either upgraded to 3.5 or added on. A quick search will help you find the .cab

Old 02-08-2009, 08:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Treo 700wx
Threadstarter

catera59 is a n00b

I have the thread to download to 6.1 but I dont have an SD card. Is there a way to download it without the card.
Old 02-09-2009, 12:42 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop

The only version I know of that has a desktop updater is Palm's WM6 update for VZW. IMO, the SD card method is more reliable. There's no possibility of the sync cable coming loose halfway through the upgrade, which happened to me. A 1GB SD card can be had for a reasonable price @ Office Max or similar place.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX