PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2007, 05:06 PM
Lurker

syeager is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to syeager
Verizon data plans question

I used Treo 600 before and I never signed up for data plan. During data connection it was taking tme from my free voice minutes. And because of low usage, I had chepest plan and in most cases didn't have to pay anything extra.

Now I got 700wx and I had to select data plan. I opted for "pay per K byte" for now.

As I understand (correct me if I am wrong) it applies to new broadband data service that is different from what I've been using with 600 (1X ?). So now everytime I connect to internet, the meter starts ticking and I will have to pay regardless of my voice usage. Or pay extra monthly fee, whether I use it or not.

Now the question is: Can I still use old method (out of voice time) with my 700wx, or I am stuck with new broadband?
Old 03-06-2007, 07:40 PM
N00b

SVT6700 is a n00b
you def need to get the unlimited plan if you are going to use that phone... pay per use is going to cost you...
Old 03-06-2007, 11:18 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

syeager is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to syeager
Actually the question was if I can use old style slow data comm that comes out of my voice minutes. Like I did it on my Treo-600.
Old 03-07-2007, 02:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

PerfectHybrid is a n00b
try for this plan

I have a plan (My phone plan is located in CT, so north east) for 20 bucks a month i get 800 texts 100 pic/vid and u.l data. This only works in some parts of the country as verizon does its promos regionally, however I've had this plan for about 3 months now AND my gf just activated an xv6700 from some regular phoen and i told her to ask for it and she got it two days ago so the plan is still there. It is a 'Texting' plan for the pda phone wiht u.l. data thats how you sould ask for it i believe the official name of the plan is pdatxt or soemthing liek that if you do a search you'll find it but it still WORKS for at least CT people

PH

Don't forget to hit the '+'
Old 03-08-2007, 01:59 AM
Lurker

muska9 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by syeager
Actually the question was if I can use old style slow data comm that comes out of my voice minutes. Like I did it on my Treo-600.
You can't use the old method... Your new phone uses the EVDO technology, therefore you need one of the new data plans! If EVDO isn't available in some areas, your phone will pick-up the 1x signal, but you will still be under the same data plan and not using up your minutes. If the plan that PerfectHybrid is describing is available to you, you should get it since it's worth it. Not to mention that you'll save money with that particular plan!

>Hit the [+] if I've been of help to you! Thank you!
Old 03-08-2007, 11:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

PerfectHybrid is a n00b
...Yeah, sorry forgot to mention you werent going to be using minutes, as data phones dont work like that...damned phone companies...but anyways, something else to be aware of with pda/smartphones and pic/vid messages sent will count against your txtplan as well as count as data whether or not you have a data plan or not. With pda/smartphones in order to recieve pic/vid messages the phone AUTOMATICALLY connects to the network and dloads it, furthermore the 700w (verizon) does not disconnect you, if it goes on to dload a pic message when its done it will stay connected and get alittle bit more data sent and received here and there, furthermore it will drain your battery like whoa. So if you call vzw...if thats who you have...i dont think you posted what provider, but if you've got vzw and they dont have the plan i offered just be like "So I'm buying a texting plan but that doesnt cover data so my normal texting plan has to have an insurance of a $45 data plan just to make sure I don't get screwed?!?!!??!" or something like that just make them look for something similar

PH

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX