PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2008, 01:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Htc Mogul and Treo 700WX
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

bollig86 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Temporary Internet Files

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4n3_0n3 View Post
agreed just use this tool that i attached

I downloaded this, it has the right values for my cookies, cache, and history. how do i create a value for the temporary internet files to go to my storage card with this program. i tryed doing it on the storage card with the registry editor and it didn't work, the internet explorer kept shutting off when i was online looking at stuff.
Old 06-25-2008, 01:59 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bollig86 View Post
the internet explorer kept shutting off when i was online looking at stuff.
That is a known problem with storing PIE info on your card. Try one of the products that I listed (MemMaid or SKTools).

If you keep running into issues with PIE shutting down, then you'll have to store your internet info on your device. However, you can clean up all of that info, and more, with either MemMaid or SKTools. No ppc owner should be without one or the other.

late,
Coz
Old 06-25-2008, 03:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozboogie View Post
That is a known problem with storing PIE info on your card. Try one of the products that I listed (MemMaid or SKTools).

If you keep running into issues with PIE shutting down, then you'll have to store your internet info on your device. However, you can clean up all of that info, and more, with either MemMaid or SKTools. No ppc owner should be without one or the other.

late,
Coz
100% correct on this (as usual )!!! I tried the 'PIE files on the card' thing for a while, but it got way to frustrating having PIE close on me all the time. I reverted back to PIE files on the PPC, and purchased MemMaid. I have MemMaid set to do a cleaning at every reset automatically, and I run it again at times just to be sure!! (It also works well to get rid of duplicate notifications)

Haven't had a PIE related issue since, and I never have too much of my memory taken up by PIE files!!

All a sudden I have a craving for some apple pie.....strange......

Old 06-25-2008, 03:36 PM
Coz-erator

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
(It also works well to get rid of duplicate notifications)
That is so true!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
All a sudden I have a craving for some apple pie.....strange......
Yummy!

late,
Coz
Old 06-25-2008, 11:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Htc Mogul and Treo 700WX
Threadstarter

bollig86 is a n00b

So i did the registry. and it didn't work. and when i deleted the file now my internet explorer doesnt work. how do i go back to normal like it was? i mean how do i just make the phone back to what it was for the temporary internet files. or else someone help me to make it work on my storage card. I really appreciate all the help!
Old 06-26-2008, 09:08 AM
VIP Member

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
So i did the registry. and it didn't work. and when i deleted the file now my internet explorer doesnt work. how do i go back to normal like it was? i mean how do i just make the phone back to what it was for the temporary internet files. or else someone help me to make it work on my storage card. I really appreciate all the help!
Well....the storage card trick was always buggy no matter how I have heard it done, so I don't have anything new to add to that other than just to mention I really don't recomend doing it.

As for reseting the system back to where it was, my first instinct is to ask if you have a backup file? If you do....run it. If not, I would try a MemmMaid or SKTools (I believe both were posted earlier in the thread) to try and move them back (or if they tell you the files are routed to the PPC, try re-routing them to the card and then back again....you never know).

Good luck, I know how frustrating that gets!!
Old 06-26-2008, 11:10 AM
Coz-erator

Quote:
Start with a soft reset. And then move on to the adivce by 1969.

late,
Coz
Old 06-26-2008, 11:11 AM
Coz-erator

I know SKTools has a registry checker that will look for bad entries, values, etc. You'll want to run that too.

late,
Coz
Old 06-26-2008, 11:12 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozboogie View Post
Start with a soft reset. And then move on to the adivce by 1969.

late,
Coz
Good catch, I always forget to suggest the initial reset!!
Old 06-26-2008, 11:13 AM
Coz-erator

Stop following me...STALKER!!!!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX