PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2009, 04:33 PM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1
Carrier: Sprint

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Tweaks via Preware

Anybody get the multiple cards for messaging conversations to work? It installs via preware, but doesn't seem to work for me.
Earned my Brown Belt..."Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill."
Muhammad Ali
Old 10-01-2009, 04:36 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro & Palm Pre
Threadstarter

Machinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CozBoogie View Post
Ain't that the truth!!! People just don't seem to be able to read over there. You'll see 5 or 6 posts right in a row all asking the same thing...nevermind that the the first post contains EVERYTHING that you need to know about the tweak or homebrew app, etc.

late,
Coz
I was reading the Preware thread last night where they explained how to get the tweaks feed working and literally 4 posts down after the answer someone asked how to get the tweaks feed. The other good thread is the WebOS Quick Install thread, where of course people ask every other post when the developer plans to get it working with WebOS 1.2 which had just come out the day before. Give the guy a break.
Old 10-01-2009, 04:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Machinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaMom View Post
Anybody get the multiple cards for messaging conversations to work? It installs via preware, but doesn't seem to work for me.
It's working for me. Did you reset your phone after you installed it?

The reset button homebrew app is handy for this by the way.

Edit: I'd also like to point out that it's dumb that the tweaks in Preware don't automatically reset the Pre for you if the tweak requires it.

Last edited by Machinehead; 10-01-2009 at 04:46 PM.
Old 10-01-2009, 07:32 PM
The Admin-Ninja

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
It's working for me. Did you reset your phone after you installed it?

The reset button homebrew app is handy for this by the way.

Edit: I'd also like to point out that it's dumb that the tweaks in Preware don't automatically reset the Pre for you if the tweak requires it.

Yes, I did. And yes... .It is dumb that it doesn't force a restart. LOL

Will try it again. I would really LOVE this feature.
Old 10-01-2009, 07:49 PM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

out of curiosity is this like cydia for ipod touch/iphone?
Can you add repositories to this?
Old 10-01-2009, 09:52 PM
The Admin-Ninja

Didn't work first time. Even with a reset. It did work the second time.
Old 10-02-2009, 08:57 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

illusvfyre is a n00b

Odd, but I found I can't have any other applications running when I start Preware. If I do it gets stuck in either checking for updates or updating. If I close all the other apps and restart Preware it works fine.....
Old 10-02-2009, 10:04 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Preware can be very fussy at times. Occasionally I have reset to get it to work.
Old 10-02-2009, 11:00 AM
The Admin-Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Preware can be very fussy at times. Occasionally I have reset to get it to work.
I can handle Preware fussy compared to TP fussy. LOL
Old 10-02-2009, 11:23 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaMom View Post
I can handle Preware fussy compared to TP fussy. LOL
Trust me, I do not miss my TP, other than a few apps.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre