PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2009, 07:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

hyakku is keeping up the good workhyakku is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: PAlm Pre used with any Data PLAN?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelwix View Post
i have a pre on my plan.. did an upgrade at bestbuy for $99
I'm considering the pre (CEO of customer sales is allowing me to get a new phone after a bunch of bs with my TP) if I can get it, but I refuse to pay more for a plan. And to all the people saying I'm being cheap, **** off, I've had four phones, three of which were TPs in the last year and I signed a two year contract on this plan, there's no way I'm going to open another contract with Sprint for the Pre after being jerked around by them for the past year. On top of that, I don't want sprint navigation, maps, tv, or any of that other nonsense and have never come CLOSE to using my 500 minutes, saying we "should" have to pay for it because the Pre is newer (even though my phone still costs $100 dollars more) is like saying even though you have a Ferrari, if you want the new Prius you should have to buy only alternative fuel to support new technology.

If someone can confirm this I'll probably be getting it, otherwise I guess I'll get another touch pro and just bite the bullet and pay any other company that's not Sprint for a new phone when my contract is finally over with these fools.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:49 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

sephiroth_4 is just getting started
Thumbs up Re: PAlm Pre used with any Data PLAN?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyakku View Post
I'm considering the pre (CEO of customer sales is allowing me to get a new phone after a bunch of bs with my TP) if I can get it, but I refuse to pay more for a plan. And to all the people saying I'm being cheap, **** off, I've had four phones, three of which were TPs in the last year and I signed a two year contract on this plan, there's no way I'm going to open another contract with Sprint for the Pre after being jerked around by them for the past year. On top of that, I don't want sprint navigation, maps, tv, or any of that other nonsense and have never come CLOSE to using my 500 minutes, saying we "should" have to pay for it because the Pre is newer (even though my phone still costs $100 dollars more) is like saying even though you have a Ferrari, if you want the new Prius you should have to buy only alternative fuel to support new technology.

If someone can confirm this I'll probably be getting it, otherwise I guess I'll get another touch pro and just bite the bullet and pay any other company that's not Sprint for a new phone when my contract is finally over with these fools.
I love sprint and my sero plans, but this post is awesome and made my stressful week melt away. You have been propped and thank you sir.
Old 09-01-2009, 05:10 PM
afx
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Sprint)

afx is keeping up the good workafx is keeping up the good work

Can anyone update on the status of if you can activate a pre with SERO?

Anyone tried it yet? I asked the guy at the sprint store and he said they didnt let you but he isnt sure if they switched since they can now buy them.

Old 09-02-2009, 12:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

JuMpMaN6235 is keeping up the good workJuMpMaN6235 is keeping up the good work

you cannot legally do it.. but it can be done
Old 09-03-2009, 11:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

hyakku is keeping up the good workhyakku is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuMpMaN6235 View Post
you cannot legally do it.. but it can be done
Sounds like bull****. AFX i highly doubt you can, which is ****ing crazy that sprint wants me to pay for a plan thats more expensive, and ith features 'i will never use along with less minutes than 'i currently have. Now I'm on another touch pro and I'm really just waiting until another carrier in the US has a solid unlimited data/ text messaging plan to jump ship from sprint at this point as none of the new phones coming out are that much better than the Iphone or G2 besides the Hero which at this point I won't get from Sprint on the simple basis that they are once again trying to pull some complete bull**** by making me pay for a downgraded plan.
Old 09-04-2009, 08:49 AM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelwix View Post
i have a pre on my plan.. did an upgrade at bestbuy for $99
its a third party demo plan, Pre's can be activated on those.

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre