PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2009, 04:44 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Chief85 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint's upgrade eligibility and customer-retention

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxtech3 View Post
just the mail-in rebate, technically the phone has to be on the number for 30 days just to get you past the 30 day return/exchange, that way they arent just giving you $100, but there are ways around it like i posted earlier.
Great. Even if what you mentioned above doesn't work (though I have no reason to believe it wouldn't), the $250 would be sufficient to get me to buy the phone.

One more question: Someone I know who got the Pre said something about getting a service plan or warranty thing which costed ~$7 a month. I didn't catch whether it was paid up front or whether it was something billed to the account monthly. If it is the latter, will that be affected by switching the phone to a different line on the same account? It shouldn't logically, but you never know with these people...
Old 06-24-2009, 04:59 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

the seven bucks TEP is billed monthly by phone number, so if you put the Pre on a number that doesnt have TEP, you are pretty much screwed if something happens.

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"

Last edited by nxtech3; 06-24-2009 at 05:02 PM.
Old 06-24-2009, 05:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Sh0wNuF34 is just getting started

Quote:
the seven bucks TEP is billed monthly by phone number, so if you put the Pre on a number that doesnt have TEP, you are pretty much screwed if something happens.
yes but I believe that you can add TEP within 30 days of activating the phone on your number...so you can buy a broken phone with a clean esn # for cheap and add it to your account and then add the TEP and get a new or refurb model of the broken phone you bought....at least tha tis my understanding and I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure it works like that
Old 06-24-2009, 05:20 PM

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

it would have to be a NEW phone, not just one purchased of ebay, they caught on to that. But, just tell them you purchased the device retail cost from a store (because they will see an activation date but no contract extension) and you want to add TEP, then they will do it.
Old 06-24-2009, 05:26 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

too bad they didn't catch sprint in may when it was open enrollment for t.e.p.
Old 06-24-2009, 06:06 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Chief85 is a n00b

Quote:
it would have to be a NEW phone, not just one purchased of ebay, they caught on to that. But, just tell them you purchased the device retail cost from a store (because they will see an activation date but no contract extension) and you want to add TEP, then they will do it.
They wouldn't require proof? I could just switch the phone from one line to the other and call them and say that I had purchased it retail and they'd let me add TEP?
Old 06-24-2009, 06:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: palm pre, touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

IFMISM is keeping up the good workIFMISM is keeping up the good work

Yes. they actually call the phone now to make sure that it is working if yu add it to an existing acct. That is what i was told anyway
Old 06-24-2009, 06:44 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Donatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Donatom3 Send a message via MSN to Donatom3 Send a message via Yahoo to Donatom3

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFMISM View Post
Yes. they actually call the phone now to make sure that it is working if yu add it to an existing acct. That is what i was told anyway
I went through the process about 2 years ago. All that happened is you call a number it calls your phone back to verify that it works then you have tep.
Old 06-25-2009, 10:53 AM

they require that the phone is able to make or receive a phone call, as long as one minute shows up in the usage details after TEP is added, its covered. ive never had Sprint call a customers phone to verify, ive always told the customer before leaving the store to make one phone call, either to voicemail, home phone, etc.
Old 07-17-2009, 03:56 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: palm pre
Carrier: sprint

milenkoben is a n00b

if you go up enough levels, you can get a lot done. if you can get to the advanced tech support management team, they will do a ridiculous amount.

my problem started with my touch pro. it went defective, i did a warranty exchange in which i received a refurb touch pro that had a defective keyboard. i was like look, how are you gonna replace a defective phone with a defective phone? their answer was go and get it replaced at your sprint store, since you dont want another refurb we will credit your acount $100 so you can use that towards and upgrade.

the sprint store wouldnt make the exchange even though it was noted on my account.

i had no problem using my upgrade, and paying for a new phone, (which i told them, i was not trying for nor wanting something for free) but i couldnt until my next check. because my account is some what new and still had a spending limit because of my less than perfect credit, they would not let me charge a phone to my account.

long story short, since i needed another phone for "work" the next day and the refused a loaner phone or immediate exchange, after dealing with level after level of customer service, what they ended up doing was just putting a massive credit on my account, noting my account spending limit should be byp***** with the store managers code to allow for a phone to be charged to my account, and just go in purchase a device outright.

so with a $735.25 credit on my account, i went into my sprint store, told them hey its noted on my account that you should use your code to bypass the ASL do yhsy s phone can be charged. ill take a pre, the touch stone and this handy dandy little belt clip here.

i still have $47 credit at this point lol
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre