PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2009, 04:27 PM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint Palm Pre

Quote:
Originally Posted by orionsbuckle View Post
from what ive heard its like the iphone. if the battery is pulled out its like doing a hard reset. which is why apple encased the battery so it couldnt happen by accident....

cus damn if i havent dropped my TP and had the batter come flying out lol...talk about a homer simpson moment..."DOPE!!!!"
Are u serious!!! Well that sucks...

Last edited by BRIVERS73; 06-06-2009 at 04:29 PM.
Old 06-06-2009, 05:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

sehudson is a n00b

I dont understand how sprint can logically say that you cant use the Palm Pre with the SERO plans. A rep I talked to tried to tell me it was because you had to be on a plan that has unlimited data included,and not an add-on. I was trying to explain that, as I remember, I never had to have unliimited data added, it was a part of the original SERO package...maybe when they put everyone on the Fair & Flexible, as they call it, they made it an "add-on".....makes no sense, and she couldnt give an answer, she just kept saying "oh, you have to be on a plan with unlimited data included", I guess because she couldnt justify why SERO unlimited data is different than the Simply Everything unlimited data....hopefully they dont try to do this with all the new devices they put out. I think theyre just trying to weed out all the SERO customers and try to force us to get on more expensive plans..just my opinion.
Old 06-06-2009, 05:50 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by sehudson View Post
I dont understand how sprint can logically say that you cant use the Palm Pre with the SERO plans. A rep I talked to tried to tell me it was because you had to be on a plan that has unlimited data included,and not an add-on. I was trying to explain that, as I remember, I never had to have unliimited data added, it was a part of the original SERO package...maybe when they put everyone on the Fair & Flexible, as they call it, they made it an "add-on".....makes no sense, and she couldnt give an answer, she just kept saying "oh, you have to be on a plan with unlimited data included", I guess because she couldnt justify why SERO unlimited data is different than the Simply Everything unlimited data....hopefully they dont try to do this with all the new devices they put out. I think theyre just trying to weed out all the SERO customers and try to force us to get on more expensive plans..just my opinion.
You may be right, but i believe the reason sprint is doing this with the pre and the instinct is becasue they are suppose to be iphone killers (obviously the instinct failed horribly) but sprint wants to make sure that when one of their customers busts out the palm pre, they want that customer to be able to demonstrate the full capability of the phone which in turn should remove alot of the hype off of the iphone. Now obviosly sprint doesn't want everyone on sero so the next best thing are the everything plans, 69, 89, & 99.
Whats funny is everyone always says they'll leave sprint if they have to give up their sero plans but they are definitely trippin because sprints plans are by far cheaper then at&t and verizons. Plus on top of it we have the only true UNLIMITED EVERYTHING $99 plan.
Old 06-06-2009, 07:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

frazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sehudson View Post
I'm not sure why you're upset really. Carriers can, and do, put restrictions on new phones. They are well within their right to do so as you don't HAVE to buy that new device.

At least they aren't forcing you off your SERO plan period (which they also can legally do if you are out of contract). It also doesn't happen for every new phone. Just certain ones. They did it for the Instinct and not the Touch Pro and they'll do it for the Pre and most likely not the Touch Pro 2. It is all about who they are marketing the phones to.

They are trying to have a smartphone that comes with a plan that doesn't need the customer to think about usage on this or that. They can just use their phone and only care about minutes at the most. It is a good thing and isn't a problem imho.

So, really, what is the problem?
Free Disposable Email: MyTrashMail
Old 06-06-2009, 07:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO2
Carrier: SPRINT

ecker is keeping up the good workecker is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by frazell View Post

They are trying to have a smartphone that comes with a plan that doesn't need the customer to think about usage on this or that. They can just use their phone and only care about minutes at the most. It is a good thing and isn't a problem imho.

So, really, what is the problem?
Um... SERO customers do not have to think about their usage buddy...
Old 06-06-2009, 07:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

frazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecker View Post
Um... SERO customers do not have to think about their usage buddy...
I know what the SERO plan has... I have it lol...

That is irrelavent. Our plan is discontinued so they don't have to cater to a plan they aren't selling...
Old 06-06-2009, 08:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: sprint mogul

marisdaman is a n00b

OK..Got The PRE..(for my wife) now how can i internet share..I would like to know if this is possible before i switch to the PRE from my mogul too!..cant live without this!!
Old 06-06-2009, 08:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

slbailey1 is keeping up the good workslbailey1 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by marisdaman View Post
OK..Got The PRE..(for my wife) now how can i internet share..I would like to know if this is possible before i switch to the PRE from my mogul too!..cant live without this!!
No, it's not possible to use the Pre as a modem.
Old 06-06-2009, 09:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
i got one laast night at the sprint palm pre party. there were 10 in the whole country and i went to the one in my area. They had football players, free alcoholic beverages, vip service, it was like an actual party, so much fun, and did i mention free alcohol
lol, I would have went for the free alcohol,
and then been like
nahhhh, nevermind,
the TP2 is better.
Old 06-06-2009, 10:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo

M2Iceman is becoming a great contributor

Got mine today and a couple things about it. First off, Love the phone and the potential.

Runs very hot while charging, cant tansfer files via bluetooth, RUFKM!
Screen is absolutely beautiful. Web browser is fast to render. Very surprised there isnt more apps at launch, but thats why Im on this site, hoping some will come. Cant get into alot of the basic functions that I would like. Cant change ringtone for texts.

Anyone know what the effect of Synergy will do for custom ROMS? If the phone is updating daily and finds the OS has been altered, will it be bricked? I hope not but I have yet to read anything about custom ROMS. I know noone has had the OS to be able to create a ROM but Im hoping it can be done.

I will complain about small crap but I really like this phone.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre