PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2009, 01:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

mathiass is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to mathiass
Re: Google to Challenge Microsoft With Operating System

"based on its Chrome Web browser"

I wouldn't go out and say that, because Chrome sucks. I tried 2 different versions for a time and they both sucked. Interesting idea, execution just didn't "do it" for me.

It's gonna take a helluva lot more than that to kick MS off its throne. It's #1 for a reason, and I believe it will be #1 for years to come.
Old 11-11-2009, 01:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Treo Pro, Palm Pre
Carrier: Bell

acidhax knows their stuffacidhax knows their stuffacidhax knows their stuffacidhax knows their stuffacidhax knows their stuffacidhax knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to acidhax

Anyone remember what happened to the SideKick? Yeah... Wouldn't that suck for actual personal data? :P
Old 11-12-2009, 10:34 AM
Exigent Circumstance
Pocket PC: LG - G2x // P999
Carrier: T-Mobile ™

info[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIP
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; BOLT/1.521) AppleWebKit/530+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Safari/530.17)

Competition is good it brings the best out of companies. Could even bring the worst out of one.

I think Google comes with newer fresh ideas. Microsoft ideas are more complacent and dry in recent history.

I like both companies, but we all know Microsoft have shake the dust off their boot. Maybe that's why google can easily pull their employee.
Old 11-12-2009, 04:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

sprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

someone please correct me if i am wrong, but this is horribly old news and googles OS WILL NOT compete w/ windows head on because it is aimed at netbooks (really small portion of the market)

i'm in support of a google os because i will never stop using windows, but competition is good and its not like a computer is limited to 1 operating system
Old 11-13-2009, 12:12 AM
Exigent Circumstance
Pocket PC: LG - G2x // P999
Carrier: T-Mobile ™

info[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIP
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; BOLT/1.521) AppleWebKit/530+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Safari/530.17)

If we look at smartphones/ppc google is building a strong base. Microsoft/windows mobile's base is in real need of reformation. HD2 got a horrible review due to WiMo software. Hardware got the thumbs up, software/WiMo 6.5 got the thumbs down. We should've been introduced to WiMo 7 last year seriously. Microsoft is laggy in the development and production dept.
Old 11-17-2009, 12:22 AM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I agree that google is after microsoft and love what they are doing with the new chrome features. Maybe one day they can actually compete with microsoft on our phones..they're trying hard!

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
Old 11-17-2009, 03:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Waiting for HTC HD2

Osiris is a n00b

The new Chrome OS is nothing more than another flavor of Linux with the Chrome browser. Of course having Google behind it makes it a stronger challenger than RedHat for instance. But, nevertheless, it is still Linux and the loser here will be RedHat more than Microsoft.
Old 11-17-2009, 03:53 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo

racemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuff

"Google is trying to encourage people to spend more time online to fuel demand for Internet ads, which accounted for more than 90 percent of its 2008 revenue of $21.8 billion. In the first quarter of this year, Google had its first sequential sales drop since it went public in 2004 as the recession prompted companies to curb advertising spending." Does anyone else see a problem with this?

Last edited by racemepls; 11-17-2009 at 03:56 PM.
Old 11-17-2009, 06:41 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

No. Google's source of income is online ads and if they don't get people clicking them they don't get money. That said I don't click ads nor do I wanna spend more time online.
Old 11-19-2009, 01:21 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff

doubtful anyone will really support it windows way way to big

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives