PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   News Archives (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Sprint losses and customer defections continue (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=93271)

meanfishy 10-29-2009 09:57 AM

Sprint losses and customer defections continue

Here is the full story,

http://news.cnet.com/8301-30686_3-10...g=2547-1_3-0-5

Biggzz 10-29-2009 10:01 AM

Re: Sprint losses and customer defections continue

This is too bad. Sprint really is a great provider for me.

brownhornet 10-29-2009 10:05 AM

Pretty soon there wont be anyone left. Seems like no matter what Sprint does they just cant stp the churn rate... it's amazing what the iphone has done for AT&T because that's obviously the main reason they are gaining so many customers.

billyapd21 10-29-2009 10:13 AM

AT&T should just change their name to the apple network. Apple should just buy AT&T and just sell the IPhone to everyone. Whatever carrier had the IPhone would have the same success.

brownhornet 10-29-2009 10:41 AM

One of the biggest thing is... Sprint really doesnt have any exclusive phones that make people want to switch. All the heavy hitters they have all the other carriers have (IE TP2, BB Bold). The Pre wasnt really big enough to make people switch and when the news dropped that Verizon would be getting it too that pretty much sealed the deal on that one. The Hero was ok.. but word dropped soon after that AT&T would be getting that too. AT&T is killing with the iphone exclusive, Verizon has the Storm, Omnia 2 and a plethora of other phones coming out soon. T-Mobile even did well with the G-1 and looks like the HD2 soon.

Biggzz 10-29-2009 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brownhornet (Post 1274745)
One of the biggest thing is... Sprint really doesnt have any exclusive phones that make people want to switch. All the heavy hitters they have all the other carriers have (IE TP2, BB Bold). The Pre wasnt really big enough to make people switch and when the news dropped that Verizon would be getting it too that pretty much sealed the deal on that one. The Hero was ok.. but word dropped soon after that AT&T would be getting that too. AT&T is killing with the iphone exclusive, Verizon has the Storm, Omnia 2 and a plethora of other phones coming out soon. T-Mobile even did well with the G-1 and looks like the HD2 soon.

Plus I think making people go to Simply everything Plans on the Pre and Hero was a bad move.

brownhornet 10-29-2009 10:48 AM

True... well something is gonna have to give some at the rate people are leaving. It's gonna get to the point where they have to do like Metro and just do an unlimited everything for $50 just to keep people.

MrObvious 10-29-2009 10:58 AM

I think they will probably absorb some people who were loyal Alltel customers but don't like Verizon prices.

mrmet044 10-29-2009 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggzz (Post 1274748)
Plus I think making people go to Simply everything Plans on the Pre and Hero was a bad move.

i agree with you there. they are going to lose a lot of older customers(like myself) because of this.

Dr.8820 10-29-2009 01:09 PM

i think one of the main reasons is because they can never launch a new phone properly. every new phone they get is only available for about a week or two, then back-order city! by the time they do get more, people have lost interest.