PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2009, 09:53 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: project dark from t-mobile

It may be laughable to you now as im sure MetroPCS was laughable to most of the big 3 carriers initially. They started small and local and with a pos line of phones... now they're expanding their coverage, adding smart phones and will pretty soon be adding evdo. Hell in a lot of places in Atlanta metro gets better coverage than both Sprint AND T-Mobile. When Metro goes national... because its going to be coming soon... they are going to take a boatload of the major carriers customers. Why do you think so many companies are going the route of $50 unlimited plans now? The days of the $100+ phone plans will be over soon. And this is Wal-Mart we're talking about here not some off brand store. Do you really think it'll be long before they offer smartphones & evdo?

And as far as Sprint goes... they really didnt have much choice but to make some changes. With the worst customer service and shedding customers like flies they didnt have much choice. Here in ATL Metro is taking a LARGE number of Sprint customers just based off of their $45 unlimited smart phone plans. See most consumers arent ppc geeks... thats something you have to keep in mind. Most people dont really care about their data speed or a large number of apps as long as they have coverage, texts and can make calls. Thats why metro is exploding and boost tried to follow suit (remember Sprint owns Boost).
Old 10-20-2009, 12:56 AM
@Febby or @iFebby
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: T-Mobile

CaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CaliBoyPhillip Send a message via Skype™ to CaliBoyPhillip

I personally would switch over ahaha paying 100$+ a month during this economic times... I would save good cash lol even tho I don't pay for my service obv lol my parents.
Old 10-20-2009, 01:30 AM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

And that's why companies like metro are catching up. Its like why pay Sprint $99 for unlimited everything and goodness knows how much to verizon when you can get it for $45?

The only downside to it was it was very regional but their coverage is expanding pretty rapidly. Word has it they'll be gettin an android phone soon also. Metro is the main company forcing the big 3 to make adjustments around here.... thus sprint unlimited calls to any cell phone. I would go so far as to say 50% mr more of the people I talk to here have metro. If my line wasn't free I probably would too.
Old 10-20-2009, 02:05 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: apple 8330
Carrier: airtel

mphilip876 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

It sounds pretty well.....
Old 10-20-2009, 08:44 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

The moral of the story, competition is good. Looks like t-mobile and walmart are shaking things up a little and will drive prices down for the other carriers if and only if they start losing the customer base. Our in Sprint's case, if there lose percentage goes up more But I will tell you in the end you get what you pay for. T-mobile coverage is good for the most part so long as you don't want fast and reliable data. To this day most of the country is edge still and even the 3g areas aren't lighting the world on fire. Friend of mine in Vegas gets 400-500kb tops there which is pretty slow and that was one of their initial rollout cities. My wife still has t-mobile so I will keep an open mind and possibly switch back to them but not unless they have real coverage in my area, which by the way is still edge. LOL

Last edited by Riley; 10-20-2009 at 10:21 AM.
Old 10-21-2009, 12:16 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint
Threadstarter

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

i gota find more news, i love debates. lol great post above this one also,+1 riley.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives