PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2009, 11:33 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Verizon

jc1409 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How is your battery life??

I'm not getting near the battery life posted by most in this thread. I'm still in the 'constant playing with the phone' stage of my Droid experience though, and have downloaded lots of apps - including many that are out trying to update location/etc. in the background.

I'm playing with setting to maximize battery life for my usage pattern. I keep the screen at the minimum setting all the time, with 1 minute refresh. My default is no GPS on ([unfortunately] I'm usually just going back and forth to work), and with sync and auto sync enabled. I use home screen toggles for bluetooth and wifi, so leave them off as default and only enable when I want them.

I use the App 'Locale' to have certain rules that kick on when things happen -- for example, when I connect to a charger, I automatically have the screen go full bright, and GPS turn on (for car navigation). Between midnight and 6am, everything goes off. I also have created Locale rules specific to applications, that will load the application and turn the GPS on when I click the rule button in the Locale application, and then once I turn off the rule, the GPS goes off (after I'm done with the application).

I've used smartphones before so am used to the battery drain, but it is frustrating based on my desired use of the device!
Old 12-02-2009, 05:33 PM
ONE GIANT LEAP 4 MANKIND
Pocket PC: VERIZON DROID 1.2GHz BB.8

bbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

my battery is great, better than my xv6800 ever had with an extended battery. the droid with a normal battery beats it
Old 12-02-2009, 07:28 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

bruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Courtney1985 View Post
Glad to see it's great so far! This will be my next phone so far.....thinking hard about leaving my touch pro...it hurts to leave it lol
it might hurt you to leave the TP but it would kill me to have to go back to that terrible phone. The Droid destroys the TP. Although I am returning it in a few days because I am hoping the new HTC handset will come out soon.
Old 12-05-2009, 03:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 w/Mighty ROM

KaliKilla is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypeo View Post
So for those that came from a WM phone, how is it compared to that??
Honestly, it is about the same. My fiance was on her droid and me on the TP2 and the battery would drain the same amount with the TP2 lasting a few more minutes.lol
Old 12-07-2009, 02:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: DROID
Carrier: verizon

jbag is just getting started

ive gotten as much as 17hrs of heavy use w/o charging.
Old 12-08-2009, 11:02 PM
Laying low in smoke
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

hypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbag View Post
ive gotten as much as 17hrs of heavy use w/o charging.
This is impressive, are you using email and other internet applications or just phone usage?

Old 12-15-2009, 06:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid 2

tvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaliKilla View Post
Honestly, it is about the same. My fiance was on her droid and me on the TP2 and the battery would drain the same amount with the TP2 lasting a few more minutes.lol
Not the same for me. Granted I was running custom roms on my TP2, my Droid battery lasts much longer. The advanced app killer helps alot too. The TP2 did well though. I could go a day easy on moderate usage unless it was internet usage. The TP2 would get kinda warm though. My droid can go longer on a charge. It's usually still around 50-60% when I plug it in every night. And it doesn't get hot. I'm impressed.
Old 12-15-2009, 07:45 PM
Zombway: Eat Flesh
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: VZW

z0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIP

my facebook and gmail auto sync and my beautiful widgets checks weather every 15min and i play on the internet and facebook for few minutes here and there. with auto brightness for display and within a 8-9hr day of work my battery maybe at 80%-70% totally stomps my old touch pro.
Old 12-30-2009, 11:56 AM
Laying low in smoke
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

hypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by z0mbiexx View Post
my facebook and gmail auto sync and my beautiful widgets checks weather every 15min and i play on the internet and facebook for few minutes here and there. with auto brightness for display and within a 8-9hr day of work my battery maybe at 80%-70% totally stomps my old touch pro.

That's great to hear. Everyone had trouble with TP battery.
Old 12-30-2009, 12:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV 6900

Jvince is a n00b
Re: How is your battery life while (((Rooted)))

The more I read these types of threads the more I stare at my Vogue with increasing annoyance. The only roadblock to getting a Droid revolves around staying contract employed or getting a desk job. Guess which I'm rooting for?

Seriously though, I've played with the droid about 10-15 times, either at the store or to show my friends who've bought one how to use the basic features. <- Jealous! Glad to hear the battery life stacks up as well.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid