PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2009, 10:03 PM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid
Carrier: Verizon

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: syncronizing w/google online, location and reasonable expectation of privacy

Insufferable indeed, you should definitely look into some different phones

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28
Old 12-25-2009, 10:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid / Omnia II
Carrier: The Dark Side

parkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: syncronizing w/google online, location and reasonable expectation of privacy

It seems that you are somehow under the impression that your email/contacts are treated differently with google than with other providers, and I fail to see why you are under that impression. Could you enlighten us as to why you feel your fears of google violating your privacy are justified? Especially in regards to differences between the way google handles your personal information versus whoever your current service provider does.
Why donate to one person, when you can support the site that makes it all possible instead

Old 12-26-2009, 12:09 AM
Droidgeek
Pocket PC: Rooted MotoDroid w/mish mash of ROMs

banden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuff

You can sync contacts through an Exchange server instead.

I think you have a general misunderstanding of how information is provided to advertisers. It's more along the lines of X many people visited Y site. It's not, here's a list of all people who visited this site including their names, contact info, here's all email they sent and a list of all their friends and family. You would be advised to review the privacy policy of google here: http://www.google.com/privacypolicy.html

If you believe them to be dishonest and don't trust them staying true to their privacy policy, then you have to make a decision about which corporations you do trust... verizon?.. what kind of computer do you have?... Microsoft?... Apple?... all of these companies could in effect work outside their own privacy policy and gather personal information about you and the people you communicate with.

Google has a pretty awesome approach to privacy and responds to all complaints about the protection of privacy. Send your concerns here:

Privacy Matters
c/o Google Inc.
1600 Amphitheatre Parkway
Mountain View, California, 94043
USA

Perhaps with your concerns you'd be best advised to use something along the lines of a blackberry device and only sync your information through the desktop manager software.

Last edited by banden; 12-26-2009 at 12:12 AM.
Old 12-26-2009, 12:59 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: droid, tp torch, titan, apache, omnia 2, tp2
Carrier: vzw, sprint
Threadstarter

gootgolly is a n00b

So tell me how to access the market without handing them info which I do not have a right to give them

Step by step would be nice

And nice also would be a sticky of sites alternative to google's "market"

The droid site kept asking me why I bought a google phone

I certainly wasn't aware I had. The tv commercial or other adverts mention nothing of google.

You have to admit that as shipped the nearly amazing phone is quite miserable....

Especially if you've ever owned one nicely and easily tweaked winmo phone.

So if I'm simply not understanding how it works and that I really don't have to give up a thing to google for this phone to be sorted, explain and stop with the high brow condascending attacks.

I'm certain others will have similar objections or cocerns.
Old 12-26-2009, 02:03 AM
Droidgeek
Pocket PC: Rooted MotoDroid w/mish mash of ROMs

banden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuff

The reason there are not others with similar objections or concerns is Google does not publish address books from gmail accounts on the web like you claim.

Last edited by banden; 12-26-2009 at 02:09 AM.
Old 12-26-2009, 02:10 AM
That guy with the axe

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

You are being met with resistance because your posts seem very troll like. The way you post makes it seem as though you have already made your choice and are here only to be contradictory and stir up trouble instead of truly asking for assistance, which is most likely the reason you were treated the same way at the Droid forums.

Edit: I searched your posts at the Droid forums, and found the same results there. Judging from these quotes in your thread over there ("gawd foresaken keyboard", "mediocre minded cavemen casting stones", "nearlu useless onscreen keyboard and sms functionality is just two premium examples", "no solutions are readily available, indeed it will be returned") you seem to have already decided that you dont like the Droid and are returning it. Please do us a favor and follow through on your statement to return your phone.

Last edited by breakmyfootoff; 12-26-2009 at 02:55 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 12-26-2009, 02:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola droid, droid eris for a backup

phullofphil is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazingwolf View Post
You need to get another phone.

Copy/Paste does exist.
are you sure cause if i hold my finger down on somthing it gives me that option
Old 12-26-2009, 03:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola droid, droid eris for a backup

phullofphil is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakmyfootoff View Post
You are being met with resistance because your posts seem very troll like. The way you post makes it seem as though you have already made your choice and are here only to be contradictory and stir up trouble instead of truly asking for assistance, which is most likely the reason you were treated the same way at the Droid forums.

Edit: I searched your posts at the Droid forums, and found the same results there. Judging from these quotes in your thread over there ("gawd foresaken keyboard", "mediocre minded cavemen casting stones", "nearlu useless onscreen keyboard and sms functionality is just two premium examples", "no solutions are readily available, indeed it will be returned") you seem to have already decided that you dont like the Droid and are returning it. Please do us a favor and follow through on your statement to return your phone.
yeah go get a black berry sir. This phone had a great on screen keyboard as to compared to other on screen keyboards. And its really fast if you dont have all your apps open at one time. And if there is a reason for people to get weird over contact info and all that Google offers i think you have a right to be suspisios but only to a point of wonder. Its really crazy to worry about that unless you are either in the mob or famous or a criminal or are really paranoid. Really who cares what 99.9999999 percent of any of us actually know or do with our phones. It would be useless information to just about anybody. Just dont list your social security, bank account number, mothers maiden name, passwords in open view or other info that can be used to steal your identity. Matter of fact make your google acount under a weird anonimous name it might make you feel better
Old 12-26-2009, 06:12 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: droid, tp torch, titan, apache, omnia 2, tp2
Carrier: vzw, sprint
Threadstarter

gootgolly is a n00b

I think Ive not made this clear, I have no right to upload/publish to the web other peoples confidential info.

Now I certainly have a right to upload my SSN, drivers license, addies, etc

It appears most feel they have a right to do anything they desire with info with which they have been trusted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by banden View Post
The reason there are not others with similar objections or concerns is Google does not publish address books from gmail accounts on the web like you claim.
Old 12-26-2009, 10:11 PM
That guy with the axe

Quote:
Originally Posted by gootgolly View Post
I think Ive not made this clear, I have no right to upload/publish to the web other peoples confidential info.

Now I certainly have a right to upload my SSN, drivers license, addies, etc

It appears most feel they have a right to do anything they desire with info with which they have been trusted.

You do need to clarify what you mean by "published to the web". I'm going to assume that since you are a published author you know that "published" means to make available or bring to the attention of the public. Surely you don't believe that by syncing your contacts with google you are publicly posting your contacts on the web. If this is what you are claiming, then where is this page published exactly? I've synced my contacts with google and I can't find them published anywhere on the web unless I sign into my google account,which is most certainly not viewable by the public. What exactly are you afraid google is going to do with your contact information?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid