PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid X
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2010, 12:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Verizon

ronaldheld is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Just Saw This *DROOL*

I expect all of the major carriers to have tiered data plans.
Old 06-22-2010, 02:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

And that would be fine IF VZW still has an optional UNLIMITED data plan for $30. But I think AT&T did away completely with their unlimited didnt they?

I personally think it is total BS that they want to sell you a device that as they call it is "feature rich" but then restrict is usage because they are trying to minimize traffic on their network.

So if VZW wants to offer smaller limited less costly packages then I am all for it. If they want to screw the pooch and drop unlimited for $30 altogether then I can go back to a WiFi network.
Old 06-22-2010, 02:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Rumor has it there will be a 5 Gb plan for about $30.
Old 06-24-2010, 08:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: verizon

microdot is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to microdot

But if VZW goes to this capped data crap like AT&T Im going to be more than pissed. I tether a lot also as we depend on it because out local cable and DSL internet is so costly.[/QUOTE]

That will suck but the good thing is that if you already are a verizon customer with an unlimited data plan you should be grandfathered in even if they change their data plans. At least that how it is with AT&T.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by microdot View Post
That will suck but the good thing is that if you already are a verizon customer with an unlimited data plan you should be grandfathered in even if they change their data plans. At least that how it is with AT&T.
Until you renew your contract.

Follow me on mytabletlife.com
Old 06-25-2010, 07:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Which happens every time you upgrade to a new phone.
Old 06-25-2010, 07:50 AM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

while i use a lot more than 2gb of data per month, i do think it was a very intelligent move by att to put the data caps in place. even with as many data centric smartphones and iphones that are on their network, 98% of their users dont go over 2gb. only a very small percentage of their users will be affected while the 98% will benefit from the monthly savings. like i said it sucks for guys like us but they could either piss off the 2% who rack up lots of data or the 98% who dont. seems like an easy decision. i suspect verizon will be doing the same here shortly. it will be irritating sure but i fully understand why they would and wouldnt have issues making the adjustment.
Old 06-25-2010, 12:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

It's a Phone/pocket sized tablet, that should make it easier to think about it in that fashion. Than to think it's just a big phone.. Anyone telling other wise isn't accepting the fact that size does matter..

Like she said once, baby it might be the motion of the ocean that matters, but we ain't crossing the Atlantic on that dingy...
Old 06-25-2010, 12:58 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by clockcycle View Post
Like she said once, baby it might be the motion of the ocean that matters, but we ain't crossing the Atlantic on that dingy...
you bastard!!!! u made coffee come out of my nose lol!! that was funny man!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-26-2010, 12:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola DROID

brandogg is keeping up the good workbrandogg is keeping up the good work

About AT&T's plan - it's a horrible idea. They're crippling the data plan for people that use it, it's not like the bandwidth "expires" or something, for the people that use 2GB and under. All it does is screw people that do use that much, or force them to use less. Wrong forum for this I know, but it was a pretty crappy move, and sets a horrible precedent.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid X