PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Manila / TF3D Tweaks
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2009, 11:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

a_medina626 knows their stuffa_medina626 knows their stuffa_medina626 knows their stuffa_medina626 knows their stuffa_medina626 knows their stuffa_medina626 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Changing the Icons/Images of TF3D Tabs

Send a screenshot of what you are looking at.
Old 08-19-2009, 03:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: diamond 2
Carrier: ircell

ebidr is a n00b

where i must select the path?
Old 08-19-2009, 03:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

a_medina626 knows their stuffa_medina626 knows their stuffa_medina626 knows their stuffa_medina626 knows their stuffa_medina626 knows their stuffa_medina626 knows their stuff

Change path to folder containing manila files.
Old 09-06-2009, 01:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

dkirkwoodjr is a n00b

I'd like to share my experience with editing these tab icons... This thread was excellent to provide the majority of the files I needed and the manilla editor to get me started... But I did have to get around a few hoops to get it all to work for me.

My solution was concentrated on changing several of the icons to match my iphone-ish theme, that has mtp tab installed using iphonetoday plugin and pocketdigitical clock hosted by the ultimateconfig plugin inside the mtp tab.

So these files were good to get a start for me, and while my images are not the cleanest/smoothest right now, I edited several of the icons using the manilla editor (on vista, w/ run as admin option used.) However, I had to locate the manilla files for the today flag tab icon installed by the mtp add-on. I opened that install-cab with winrar on the desktop and saw 4 manilla filename references. I located those in my phone's windows folder, and copied them to the desktop folder to use with the manilla editor as well. Then I had the option to change the today flag also.

Now this was all nice and all but then I couldnt get these files to copy back over to phone's windows directory, due to a permissions issue. I tried a few approaches, and maybe there's another way... but... I used MaxTTM theme changer. I havent really been able to figure out that program for the most part, so far, but I recognized one ability it had which was just what I needed here. It has a utlity section that allows backup and restore of manilla files... I copied the new manilla files that I made with the manilla editor & photoshop to a different folder on my phone (\tabs in my case,) launched MaxTTM (on the phone,) and restored from that path. It raises the neccessary security context and performs the copy of the specific manilla files to the windows directory on my behalf and then issued a restart to get everything loaded.

One last thing was that while the transparent slider graphic looked nice to me while sliding, it didnt look nice to me when it landed on something, because the icon on the slider was offset from the one underneath, and both would be seen, one overlapping the other... So I changed my slider to a solid gradient between black and a lightgrey...

There ya go... I got my changes made, and am happy with it all now... Have fun!

Last edited by dkirkwoodjr; 09-06-2009 at 02:05 PM.
Old 09-13-2009, 09:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2

sebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

anyone know the name of the calendar and missed call icon below the clock?

edit: i found missed call icon and calendar (below the clock):

1bbfdc9b_manila

Last edited by sebo; 09-13-2009 at 09:54 PM.
Old 09-17-2009, 02:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: verizon

dumaslr is a n00b

so i have been trying for a couple of weeks now to simply change my icons and my slider using your guide... it has helped me greatly but for some reason i cant see my icons on my phone. i have been making sure that all my images are near identical to ones that are working, but when i use maxttm or even diamond tf3d, all i see is white blocks... i even used png files that were used in other themes, but those didn't work either... im confused and slightly frustrated cuz i dont understand why this wont work
Old 09-17-2009, 03:22 PM
Eat Static
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

popdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumaslr View Post
so i have been trying for a couple of weeks now to simply change my icons and my slider using your guide... it has helped me greatly but for some reason i cant see my icons on my phone. i have been making sure that all my images are near identical to ones that are working, but when i use maxttm or even diamond tf3d, all i see is white blocks... i even used png files that were used in other themes, but those didn't work either... im confused and slightly frustrated cuz i dont understand why this wont work
I had that problem when I didn't resize my pngs first. For the tabs they need to be 64x64, for the top previews 128x128.
Old 09-18-2009, 11:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: RazrHD 4.1.2
Carrier: O2 Deutschland

seco10 is keeping up the good workseco10 is keeping up the good work

Other than resizing a reason could be the compression. If your original manila files are cfc-compressed/decompressed then the edited files should also be cfc-compressed or decompressed in the same way.
A fine app to make this right is cfc_gui.exe bei Chainfire - just use google, may be there's also a link in this forum.
Ciao
SeCo
Old 09-21-2009, 11:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumaslr View Post
Did you use the files I provided or did you extract them from your rom yourself? What image editor are you using? Send me your files to see if they work on my phone, maybe it is just your rom. I have had this problem before but it has been such a long time ago I don't remember how I fixed it. Get me the files and I'll take a look at them.
Old 09-21-2009, 06:51 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G Baby!!!
Carrier: SprintPCS

D\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

By chance does anyone know how to adjust the transparency of the heros... I created several which look great but the only thing is that they have a slight transparency to them which I would like to eliminate...

Any help is greatly appreciated...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Manila / TF3D Tweaks