PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2011, 01:00 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch (Vogue)
Carrier: Sprint

Lowranger is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Vogue users left....

I'm looking at the Galaxy s2, Galaxy R, and Photon but will almost certainly renew for another 2 with my Sprint Vogue.

$30.00 Sero w/unlimited tethering, stutterless video, kickass navigation w/GPS Tuner and hacked Google Maps w/satellite imagery.

I routinely find myself watching Slingbox, surfing Opera Mini w/10 or 12 tabs, P.I.E. w/several tabs, messaging, phone calls...simultaneously.

I've crunched the numbers and upgrading to a top-flight device would mean about $58/month($50 Sero Premium plus taxes & fees).

Add $200 for the device and over a 2-year contract that amounts to around $750.

And that DOESN'T include any accessories such as batteries, screen protectors, cases, etc.

Not to mention apps and assorted software.

And at the end of the day it's exactly the same internet, the same Youtube, the same Slingbox, the same mp3s that I'm enjoying now.
Old 08-27-2011, 10:32 AM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoodtunes View Post
Thunderbolt works for fixxxer, not for MrG. Different strokes for different folks.

i agree but their will come a time when you guys will have to upgrade.

Old 08-28-2011, 09:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (Verizon XV6900)
Carrier: Verizon

denasqu is keeping up the good workdenasqu is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to denasqu

The touch screen on my 3rd Vogue crapped out and upgraded to Trophy.... for about a week. Now I've "upgraded" to an Imagio and I'm pretty happy. The only thing I miss is the perfect size of that little Vogue.

And I'm still thinking of ordering a 4th Vogue off Ebay just in case this Imagio takes a dump on me.

My experience with Windows Phone 7 was a week long nightmare. There were about 12 important things that I could do with my Vogue that I could not do with the Trophy. And the Trophy could only do one thing (that I cared about) that I couldn't do with the Vogue.
Old 08-30-2011, 12:13 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
They won't have to upgrade too much. Only $10 more for non 4g phone and they get unlimited navigation and any mobile anytime.

Sent from my HTC EvO 3D... On The Now Network
Old 08-31-2011, 05:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch

jaewang is a n00b

Long live Vogue. Thank you to all the supports and custom roms. I'm moving on to the Samsung E4GT. THANK YOU.
Old 10-01-2011, 02:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

monkeyboy is keeping up the good workmonkeyboy is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowranger View Post
$30.00 Sero w/unlimited tethering, stutterless video, kickass navigation w/GPS Tuner and hacked Google Maps w/satellite imagery.

I routinely find myself watching Slingbox, surfing Opera Mini w/10 or 12 tabs, P.I.E. w/several tabs, messaging, phone calls...simultaneously.

I've crunched the numbers and upgrading to a top-flight device would mean about $58/month($50 Sero Premium plus taxes & fees).

Add $200 for the device and over a 2-year contract that amounts to around $750.

Not to mention apps and assorted software.

And at the end of the day it's exactly the same internet, the same Youtube, the same Slingbox, the same mp3s that I'm enjoying now.
I understand all that, but can't the same be said of the Diamond... PLUS you get a VGA screen, and Wifi (as well as accelerometer, better camera, faster CPU and FM radio).

The only downsides I see relative to the Touch Vogue is 1) worse Android port, 2) fixed 4GB instead of micro SD slot. But the Wifi and VGA screen are pretty big pluses for me...
Old 05-29-2012, 03:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (Verizon XV6900)
Carrier: Verizon

denasqu is keeping up the good workdenasqu is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to denasqu

I finally drank the Kool-aid this weekend and switched to an iPhone. (and I'm very pleased so far) but I almost shed a tear when I powered down my Vogue for the final time.
Old 05-29-2012, 07:11 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vogues & an S4 Mini

MrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by denasqu View Post
...switched to an iPhone...
Wow denasqu, you jump'd ship all the way to the other end of the universe!
Old 08-25-2012, 05:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Galaxy S4
Carrier: AT&T

veblen64 is a n00b

I'm clinging to my Sprint SERO pan ($30 a month for 500 min and unlimited data/text). My primary phone is a TP2, but I keep a Vogue for when I want to swap to a smaller device.

(I swap back and forth between the TP2 and the Vogue frequently)
Old 11-28-2012, 08:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: vogue
Carrier: sprint

vegitron is a n00b

I feel like I survived the zombie(vogue) apocalypse with only a few of us left on the planet.

First and maybe last post, but what the heck. I registered back in 2008 when my Sprint Touch was brand new. Now almost 5 years old it will soon be replaced by a Nexus 4. I gotta say this phone is one tough SOB. I've dropped it countless times. It's worn out about 4 cases, 4 belt clips. The screen protector that came with it is pretty warn out with the original air bubbles underneath. I'm only on my second battery. It's currently running Windows Mobile 6.5 from who knows how many years ago. Blutooth never worked right with my car stereo. Camera is grainy and blurry. Texting was a b*tch . Sometimes when I hang up, it doesn't hang up. But under the sero plan, it was a workhorse for a great price. Still use the OLD Opera, Facebook, and Google Maps apps, sometimes IE. The most exotic games I have are bubble breaker and smart simon. PocketMusic plays my mp3s and Windows Media for streaming NPR. Don't use it for pictures or videos anymore, but I still got pictures and numbers from way back of people I don't even hang out with anymore. I even have strange notes from years ago. It's like a time capsule.

It had everything I needed to get the job done. I've spent countless hours surfing the web (slowly) while stuck on a shopping excursion. Tethering was a godsend when the hotel or airport charged for internet. It acts as my pager for work. I can go on an on about how useful this thing STILL is. But like others have mentioned, it's time to move on. Hopefully this android thing I've been hearing about is as good as it looks. HTC, you made a GREAT phone. Sprint, congratulations on loosing another SERO customer. All in all, it was the best phone and plan I've ever had.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue