PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2010, 01:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

xizzmatt is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How to Flash a HTC Touch Vogue to CricKet Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitey10tc View Post
Some of what have been changed I flash phones weekly and use the original tutorial with no issues, except for some Alltel devices that seam to have the carrier info hardwired into the memory and even then there are work arounds. I still stand with what I have pointed out above and really feal for anyone who tries using the 2.31 unlocker on a WM 6.0 Non GPS device.
What should I change it to exactly? If you don't mind my asking, I had to flash a older Sprint ROM then unlocked it with 2.31 then flashed Vet's Black Pill ROM, then Vet's Schultz World ROM, now I'm running NFSFAN's 6.5 ROM. (I'm also willing to test out any ROMs)
Old 01-26-2010, 01:57 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Flashed to cricket)
Carrier: cricKet

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xizzmatt View Post
What should I change it to exactly? If you don't mind my asking, I had to flash a older Sprint ROM then unlocked it with 2.31 then flashed Vet's Black Pill ROM, then Vet's Schultz World ROM, now I'm running NFSFAN's 6.5 ROM. (I'm also willing to test out any ROMs)
I give up dude. There is a fully functional Tutorial in the stickies with all the needed information in the correct sequence. The reason you had so much trouble to begin with is that you first put the .41 unlocker that is for non GPS on a GPS radio that started your troubles then I provided you the links and the know how to get your phone out of bootloader. You have been referenced to the original tutorial so many times I lost count. So take it how it is. You need to read through the STICKIED TUTORIAL and learn a little more. I flash phones and that is what I do everyday the Vogue is one of the easiest to flash to cricket and that is why I never figured out why it took you so long to do it. When both me and Horndoctor referenced you to the stickied tutorial and codybears facts several times.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitey10tc View Post
I give up dude. There is a fully functional Tutorial in the stickies with all the needed information in the correct sequence. The reason you had so much trouble to begin with is that you first put the .41 unlocker that is for non GPS on a GPS radio that started your troubles then I provided you the links and the know how to get your phone out of bootloader. You have been referenced to the original tutorial so many times I lost count. So take it how it is. You need to read through the STICKIED TUTORIAL and learn a little more. I flash phones and that is what I do everyday the Vogue is one of the easiest to flash to cricket and that is why I never figured out why it took you so long to do it. When both me and Horndoctor referenced you to the stickied tutorial and codybears facts several times.
Okay I'll fix it after work..
Old 02-18-2010, 03:48 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6900
Carrier: Cricket

qweenofyou is a n00b

Omigosh, thanks for sharing your steps! The way you had the steps outlined was so helpful. I guess the difference in the way some of us say the same thing was really at play here! I read a lot of excellent posts on flashing and have sucessfully flashed a couple of phones but was having an hellatious time flashing my own..and kept getting hung up in the same place until I found your post. Finally got it going after at least 8-10 attempts since last night! Tried a few ROMs and finally stayed with NFSF's generic WM 6.5. All good except for MMS but I'll get that worked out I'm sure. Thanks again to you(and all the others) who give so generously of their time for noobs like me who love phones!
Old 02-21-2010, 10:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by qweenofyou View Post
Omigosh, thanks for sharing your steps! The way you had the steps outlined was so helpful. I guess the difference in the way some of us say the same thing was really at play here! I read a lot of excellent posts on flashing and have sucessfully flashed a couple of phones but was having an hellatious time flashing my own..and kept getting hung up in the same place until I found your post. Finally got it going after at least 8-10 attempts since last night! Tried a few ROMs and finally stayed with NFSF's generic WM 6.5. All good except for MMS but I'll get that worked out I'm sure. Thanks again to you(and all the others) who give so generously of their time for noobs like me who love phones!
I'm running the same ROM. Thanks for your feedback it really appreciated. I hope you have fun w/ your newly flashed HTC Touch!
Old 03-14-2010, 01:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I know I messed up, It was actually my dad that did it, his not to good w/ Phone Flashing. I understand how to flash it now. Thank you once again to HD Whitey
Old 03-15-2010, 12:16 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Flashed to cricket)
Carrier: cricKet

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xizzmatt View Post
I know I messed up, It was actually my dad that did it, his not to good w/ Phone Flashing. I understand how to flash it now. Thank you once again to HD Whitey
xizzmatt we're glad you got it going.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Tags
cricket, htc touch vogue 6900, mms wap talk and txt, xizzmatt