PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Which theme should Vortex ROM keep?
Ibrythill Titanium WM7 10 43.48%
rpereira's Black Carbon 13 56.52%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2009, 06:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant
Carrier: Bell
Threadstarter

Andrewwelton knows their stuffAndrewwelton knows their stuffAndrewwelton knows their stuffAndrewwelton knows their stuffAndrewwelton knows their stuffAndrewwelton knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Andrewwelton
Re: Vortex ROM by Andrewwelton [07/17/09] *Minor Update*

Just out, a new version, this one with rpereira's Black Carbon Theme! (With Vortex wallpapers )

Please feel free to try out this minor update, all programs are still the same, just a different theme. Please vote in the poll to decide which theme will stay!
Old 07-18-2009, 09:06 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Franken Pre Plus/Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

brack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuff

Just downloaded and testing out rom. Got an issue with the touch response, its a little slow. Is there a way to fix this. The biotouch gives me an error saying something isn't installed.
Old 07-19-2009, 06:51 AM
VIP BABY
Pocket PC: moto driod
Carrier: verzion

madcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on rep

looks nice for vogue rom i would get rid of project 7 when removed faster scrolling @ least on my diamond good luc with your rom release
Old 07-19-2009, 09:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Andrewwelton knows their stuffAndrewwelton knows their stuffAndrewwelton knows their stuffAndrewwelton knows their stuffAndrewwelton knows their stuffAndrewwelton knows their stuff

Thanks madcook, I'll keep that in mind for future releases. As well, brack I actually just discovered that Biotouch bug. I believe it has to do with trying to (phone thinks we are trying to) open the cube. I'm not entirely sure if thats the case but it will be fixed for the next version. Also, the touch response being slow, as said above, WM7 has a slow scroll, so if you are using the WM7 version that could be the culprit. Or you can try 2 other things:
1. I personally install iTouch and I dont notice any problems with scrolling, I'm not sure if this tweak actually does anything, but it seems to help a little bit and its very light so not a bit deal. It is available here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...51&postcount=1

2. The other thing I suggest is toying around with the touchflo settings in advanced config. There you can change the pressure thresholds etc etc.

Thanks for the reply and thanks for trying my ROM
Old 07-19-2009, 09:35 AM
Almost a VIP

brack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuff

Thanks, I'll be testing it out today and tomorrow. First thing I always check is the ability to connect to the internet while roaming. I'll be able to test this a little later today. Because if this can't happen I usually don't use the roms. So far Vin's rom has been the only one I really never had a probably with, but this one is looking promising. I'll keep u updated on pros, and cons.
Old 07-19-2009, 12:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Thanks a bunch brack!
I almost never use roaming on my phone so I have not been able to test this. I hope it works well for you though!
Old 07-19-2009, 02:52 PM
Almost a VIP

The internet works while roaming which is a plus. I'm not to fond of the keyboards available. Is there anyway to install the full qwerty keyboard through a cab or can u cook it into your next version. My garmin gps doesn't seem to work. I can't find any satellites. But the rom is fast and so far hasn't froze up on me yet. I also need to look for the skyfire update to install skyfire. Good job on the rom, just a few minor issues.
Old 07-19-2009, 03:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I can cook an alternate keyboard into the next release, as I realize some people may not be a fan of fingerkeyboard. As for GPS, I'm sorry but I do not use GPS and I'm not sure if it is included in my plan. What carrier are you on? In codybears FAQ there is a ton of carrier specific information for GPS and such. As for freezing/locking up so far its only happened to me once, when trying to open Opera, but from the sound of things you use skyfire so it shouldnt be an issue.

Thanks for the update on how its working for you, glad to see someone out there likes my ROM
Old 07-19-2009, 03:14 PM
Almost a VIP

I'm on sprint. The phone doesn't freeze up during garmin gps it, just doesn't find a signal. I'll try to figure it out. But the rom has been working pretty well so far. I use opera as my main browser, but if I need to do youtube or anykind of video online, then I use skyfire.
Old 07-19-2009, 03:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I'm not sure if this will help you but in the FAQ this file is posted as a fix for the sprint GPS if installing just the carrier cab didnt do it (which I'm assuming you have installed since you have internet working)
http://rapidshare.com/files/22696333...et_GPS_FIX.cab
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development