PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2009, 07:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

houseman is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to houseman Send a message via Skype™ to houseman
Re: Drellisdee WM6.5 PPC Kitchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassStash View Post
still having trouble, anyone have ideas?? i am following the directions precisly and still am told during compiling that the zzzzzz6.5 autorun replacement is denied. i have my autorun n sdautorun check along with 6.5autorun, anything i'm being stupid about??
I am still having a problem with this ''Where is this BuildOS_config ie rename it BuildOS_config_stock at?'' I must be missing something here.

Last edited by houseman; 04-01-2009 at 07:34 PM.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:13 PM
BlackBerry Hater
Pocket PC: All Cdma HTC's
Carrier: $0 VZW Emp Demo
Threadstarter

Getitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseman View Post
lost on location of this existing one. lost? sorry
C drive: programs/ppckitchen.org/BuildOS is where the BuildOs_Config.txt is. You need to replace it with the one in the 21198.rar after backing up the original.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

houseman is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to houseman Send a message via Skype™ to houseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by drellisdee View Post
C drive: programs/ppckitchen.org/BuildOS is where the BuildOs_Config.txt is. You need to replace it with the one in the 21198.rar after backing up the original.
ok we got it thanks. lol
Old 04-01-2009, 09:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6900
Carrier: Verizon

RussMuscle is a n00b

vin--I can confirm that 2003 is working with this version.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:34 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP2

Wizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Drellisdee, It is great fun, I am flashing my appache all over the place to get just the right mix of stuff!

Thank you for your great work!
Old 04-02-2009, 08:12 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

spetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuff

Morning all,

Is anyone having ActiveSync issues with this kitchen. I have begun to have sync problems, but have not had time to troubleshoot.

I did take this build on a ride with iGO8 nav software. It seems the Vogue is borderline memory wise when using WinMo 6.5 and iGO8. iGO8 was extremely sluggish, whereas under WinMo 6.1 it runs flawlessly. I will continue to look at this issue.

Steve
Old 04-02-2009, 12:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: Telecom NZ

ali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i slighty edited the welcome screen pic to remove "Microsoft internal use only" and the white symbols next to that, nothing special but looks better
Attached Images
File Type: jpg welcomehead.96.jpg (2.8 KB, 54 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-02-2009, 01:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch
Carrier: Sprint

sshark is a n00b
Unhappy Re: Drellisdee WM6.5 PPC Kitchen

Drellisdee, great work and thanks . I cooked my first rom with files you supplied.

It seems that things are fine and speed has been great, except couple of things.

1- Phone app keeps popping up (I am using default HTC dialer from PPCK)
2- Memory usage climbs up to 58% slowly over period of time (I am not sure which app is causing this leak).

Could someone help in #1 and 2.

I have set page pool to 12 mb (what does it mean?).

Ss
Old 04-02-2009, 02:32 PM
BlackBerry Hater
Pocket PC: All Cdma HTC's
Carrier: $0 VZW Emp Demo
Threadstarter

Getitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by sshark View Post
Drellisdee, great work and thanks . I cooked my first rom with files you supplied.

It seems that things are fine and speed has been great, except couple of things.

1- Phone app keeps popping up (I am using default HTC dialer from PPCK)
2- Memory usage climbs up to 58% slowly over period of time (I am not sure which app is causing this leak).

Could someone help in #1 and 2.

I have set page pool to 12 mb (what does it mean?).

Ss
1) Its a sprint issue on vogue dialer. Fix is [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell]
"ShowTitleBarClock"=dword:00000000

or set it to 00000002 whichever works for you.

2) Did you change PP in kitchen as instructed not to or with changer included after you built the rom?
Old 04-02-2009, 04:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond/TP2
Carrier: Sprint

deegimus is keeping up the good workdeegimus is keeping up the good work

DrellisDee,
Excellent job, as usual! First flash worked great with no problems whatsoever. It's quick and stable.

I'm working my way through the new format and I'm evaluating whether I like it.

I don't see any way to dial contacts with a picture dialer (like in M2D) Am I missing something? What do you use?

Which option for TouchFlo would you use for the Sprint Vogue? (On this first build I did not select one)

Would adding M2D conflict with this build?

Is there a way to add or delete items on the Today page? (pictures, music, voicemail, time,text, e-mail, calendar...etc) Or tweak how the information is displayed?

Although I'm finding my way around, I can't say I really love Microsoft's new format, but maybe I'm not seeing something. With this in mind, what do you think the most compelling reason is to switch to the 6.5 format?

Thanks again for your well documented work.
dj
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development