PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2009, 02:03 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

detroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Conflippers Test Vogue WM 6.5 Roms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fa310tx View Post
I'm getting this error, when connecting the usb for activesync...
Cannot open the connection "57600 Default"...
Does something need to be set before using usb for activesync?
JJ

As in my previous writeup, this is an Alltel ROM
I also had issues connecting via USB and after trying multiple things and some hard resets I gave up on it and went back to my current custom ROM and had to do it the bootloader way from the 512 card I keep just in case something like this occurs (1 with current custom ROM and 1 with latest Sprint ROM)

I did see there was a bluetooth available in the connection settings but as I dont use BT with my PC that was useless as well to me

I would suggest following the directions for reflashing via bootloader mode and going back to a custom ROM of your choice for your carrier and moving on until an official release of WinMO 6.5 comes out and is properly ported to the HTC Vogue phones

Detroit Doug

Old 02-18-2009, 04:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint htc touch

josh_boyd90 is becoming a great contributor

no one ever answered my question... It goes to the recovery screen every time i try to flash the rom. whats wrong?
Old 02-18-2009, 05:32 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

detroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_boyd90 View Post
no one ever answered my question... It goes to the recovery screen every time i try to flash the rom. whats wrong?
no one answered it because there is no detail there for anyone to know...

how are you flashing the ROM via activesync or bootloader mode off an SD Card? (if via activesync have you tried off a SD Card?)
if through activesync through the cable or a cradle?
what Radio version do you have on the phone to start with?
are you normally an Alltel customer? this ROM is an Alltel ROM and you may have network/internet issues if you flashed it anyway...
When you start to flash and it comes up with the error, what error and when?
does the error occur on your screen on your PC or on the phone itself? is there an error code given?

lets start there with some details and then people will be able to help you

Detroit Doug
Old 02-18-2009, 06:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue
Carrier: Spring

aeroterp is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fa310tx View Post
I'm getting this error, when connecting the usb for activesync...
Cannot open the connection "57600 Default"...
Does something need to be set before using usb for activesync?
JJ
As I posted earlier, that can be fixed by going to Settings> USB to PC > Enable Advanced Network Functionality
Old 02-18-2009, 09:27 PM
Sanddunejunki

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Some of you guys need to understand, THIS ROM IS BETA.... I see you bi**hing you cant connect to data, cant connect via USB, ..... yada yada yada.........

If you do not understand what BETA means you should NOT be flashing any ROM much less this one...

For those of you that I am talking to (and you know who you are) Let Con know what works and what don't.

READ

READ

READ!!!!

Stop complaining about things that if you had read, just a LITTLE bit, you would have known B4 you flashed that wasn't going to work....

If you want an 100% ROM do not flash this....

If you are willing to help Con test this BETA ROM out... Then by all means give it a shot... Just understand what you are getting into b4 you do......
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-18-2009, 09:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue, HTC 5800, Touch it like a Pro!
Carrier: Verizon

shadowfender42 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshadowfender42 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshadowfender42 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanddunejunki View Post
Some of you guys need to understand, THIS ROM IS BETA.... I see you bi**hing you cant connect to data, cant connect via USB, ..... yada yada yada.........

If you do not understand what BETA means you should NOT be flashing any ROM much less this one...

For those of you that I am talking to (and you know who you are) Let Con know what works and what don't.

READ

READ

READ!!!!

Stop complaining about things that if you had read, just a LITTLE bit, you would have known B4 you flashed that wasn't going to work....

If you want an 100% ROM do not flash this....

If you are willing to help Con test this BETA ROM out... Then by all means give it a shot... Just understand what you are getting into b4 you do......
They are letting him know whats up. Just because one person's data doesnt work doesnt mean they all don't. Their "complaining" is feedback. Which do you think will catch someones attention, telling them once on a little sticky note about a long list of problems, or a 5 paragraph essay listing more clearly on the problems.
Old 02-18-2009, 10:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowfender42 View Post
They are letting him know whats up. Just because one person's data doesnt work doesnt mean they all don't. Their "complaining" is feedback. Which do you think will catch someones attention, telling them once on a little sticky note about a long list of problems, or a 5 paragraph essay listing more clearly on the problems.

AMEN to that - seems someone just a bit cranky and unable to read themselves
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO
Carrier: Cricket

rick1475 is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to rick1475

Really good love it
extremely lots of bugs but
its a start cant wait for a newer version is release
Old 02-19-2009, 02:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint htc touch

josh_boyd90 is becoming a great contributor

i dont know my radio version... im running a sprint htc touch and im using usb connection.. no i have not tried to do from an sd card. and the error im getting is on the pc screen... i run the RUU and the progress bar screen pops up on pc and phone but stays at zero percent then on pc it tells me to run recovery system because its losing a connection i think
Old 02-19-2009, 09:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue, HTC 5800, Touch it like a Pro!
Carrier: Verizon

shadowfender42 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshadowfender42 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshadowfender42 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_boyd90 View Post
i dont know my radio version... im running a sprint htc touch and im using usb connection.. no i have not tried to do from an sd card. and the error im getting is on the pc screen... i run the RUU and the progress bar screen pops up on pc and phone but stays at zero percent then on pc it tells me to run recovery system because its losing a connection i think
to check your radio version click device information in the settings. as for your connection make sure your phone is connected to active sync and that you have no other programs running and that your phone is unlocked.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development