PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2008, 01:16 AM
BlackBerry Hater
Pocket PC: All Cdma HTC's
Carrier: $0 VZW Emp Demo
Threadstarter

Getitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: VZW_Vogue_20924 Rom with New IE6

Quote:
Originally Posted by deegimus View Post
Thanks! I'll give a whirl and let you know.

One last query: Have you made the ROM tether safe?
Yes as safe as can be assuming the carriers don't red flag you. Here is an alternate cab for tethering which auto disables multi-nai I prefer to use. On verizon it has to be uninstalled/reinstalled after a *228 which is why I don't install it in a rom. I know for a fact verizon investigates users with a high GB usage in several concurrent months.
Attached Files
File Type: cab WModem_2.25.cab (129.4 KB, 41 views) Click for barcode!
Old 11-25-2008, 01:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

hexto is keeping up the good workhexto is keeping up the good work
Re: VZW_Vogue_20924 Rom with New IE6

Quote:
Originally Posted by drellisdee View Post
I've never used throttle lock and will check it out next build and leave out s2u2.
Really? That was easy. Thanks. Definitely check out Throttle Lock. I like it because it keeps people from snooping in my phone. Thanks again

Always thank those who have helped you
Old 11-25-2008, 09:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint

PedroDaGr8 is keeping up the good workPedroDaGr8 is keeping up the good work
Re: Vogue_20924 Rom with New IE6

Wow I didn't even know there was a new version of mobile IE out. Would you mind checking and seeing if pandora works on IE6? I would kill to get pandora working on my win mobile phone, but no love from pandora yet.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:22 AM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP

Would you consider sharing the OEMs and selection.txt file?

This way we don't have to pass 75 meg *.nbh files around ... and we can all add/remove stuff in the PPCKitchen, ourselves.

Best regards,
-boggsie
Old 11-25-2008, 11:27 AM
BlackBerry Hater
Threadstarter

Getitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggsie View Post
Would you consider sharing the OEMs and selection.txt file?

This way we don't have to pass 75 meg *.nbh files around ... and we can all add/remove stuff in the PPCKitchen, ourselves.

Best regards,
-boggsie
If you want to make your own IE6 build use these modded IE6 .sys files with the ppc kitchen. Rename the current ones in your ppc kitchen folder to SYS_20748_96DPI_0409_stock and SYS_20924_common_stock and drop the ones from my ftp into your kitchen folder. Do not select flashlite3.1 as an oem as its built into the .sys. If you select java as an oem and it gives a build overwrite select no.

Links Below:
ftp://ppcgeeks.com/Vogue/Users/Drell.../20924_modded/
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-25-2008, 11:42 AM
BlackBerry Hater
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroDaGr8 View Post
Wow I didn't even know there was a new version of mobile IE out. Would you mind checking and seeing if pandora works on IE6? I would kill to get pandora working on my win mobile phone, but no love from pandora yet.
On my verizon 6900 it said pandora does not currently support your device. Currently , Pandora only supports certain devices for your carrier. On the website pandora is only listed as compatable with sprint and at&t and has no sprint pdas. Have someone on sprint test and maybe spoof a UA header to be one of the supported phones like the instinct. Registry is at HKLM/Security/Internet Explorer/User Agent

Last edited by Getitnowmarketing; 11-25-2008 at 11:44 AM.
Old 11-25-2008, 04:56 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

savior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to savior02

[QUOTE=drellisdee;541531]If you want to make your own IE6 build use these modded IE6 .sys files with the ppc kitchen. Rename the current ones in your ppc kitchen folder to SYS_20748_96DPI_0409_stock and SYS_20924_common_stock and drop the ones from my ftp into your kitchen folder. Do not select flashlite3.1 as an oem as its built into the .sys. If you select java as an oem and it gives a build overwrite select no.

Links Below:
ftp://ppcgeeks.com/Vogue/Users/Drell.../20924_modded/[/QUOT

i cooked it into my rom but when i got to youtubes website not mobile i get a "cannot find PIE" message on my screen after clicking a video and than another one after i press ok saying there is no application associated with video. and it doesnt open the page...also no tabs?

Old 11-25-2008, 05:25 PM
BlackBerry Hater
Threadstarter

Post your selections.txt you must have gotten some OEM incompatabilty in the build. As for tabbed browsing IE6 mobile doesn't offer this feature. Download my premade rom also if you are having trouble as it works well.
Old 11-25-2008, 07:32 PM
Indigenous Nudist
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Torx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIP

very nice contribution, but too much junk added in
Old 11-25-2008, 10:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

savior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to savior02

Quote:
Originally Posted by drellisdee View Post
Post your selections.txt you must have gotten some OEM incompatabilty in the build. As for tabbed browsing IE6 mobile doesn't offer this feature. Download my premade rom also if you are having trouble as it works well.

i think it was htc streaming player that messed it up but i didnt try to fix it anyways..i just burned my new rom with the new build 20931!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development